Interchangeable Parts for after 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Working on the theory that everything in the hardware side will be out in public prior to 8/8/16,, and that 2018 becomes a problematic era of repairs: I would like to see if we can prepare ourselves a bit with repair information.

I currently do not have any information on what parts will work on another product. But down the road it would be nice to know if glass for 1 tank also fits 3 or 10 other tanks. Or any other given part.

ie,, I will be buying some Griffin replacement glass from FT,, in hopes that it fits my Griffin clone, I also hope to find out what other tanks that glass fits and share that info here.

I love my Pico,, yet I have not found any chips to collect that fit in that little unit. I am sure I am not the only 'lost in vape-land' and would greatly appreciate all info.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Something like the Pico is unlikely to have replacement chips. Fortunately, the mod is pretty affordable and putting one or two away is your bet option. For other stuff like tanks, you could just go with trial end error, but hopefully this thread can be a place for folks to post their experience, and build out a database that way. Good idea.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
Something like the Pico is unlikely to have replacement chips. Fortunately, the mod is pretty affordable and putting one or two away is your bet option. For other stuff like tanks, you could just go with trial end error, but hopefully this thread can be a place for folks to post their experience, and build out a database that way. Good idea.
its my hope this thread becomes a data base for 'inter changeable parts'. i dont like to hoard,, but i also dont like to trash things before their time.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I tend to only buy RTAs that have a SS tank option. Glass and I DO NOT last long. I like to drop stuff. (or so it seems)

With the looming dooming deeming, we'll all soon be law breakers, so maybe you can learn to defy the law of gravity? ;)

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
copy/paste of note found on reddit,, please note most if not all of these items may be considered 'obsolete' right now,,but you may just have a part that needs one of these in the future. I see some posters now reviewing their old stashes of hardware so they may find this useful:

badgonegood-kanger subtank mini glass and atlantis glass seems to fit each other

DoctaWilson I just broke two matrix tanks in 3 days :( I ordered two herakles and I'll use the replacement glass to fix both. Solo glad something fits

CubeXombi -SilverPlay and KayFun, great for mix'n'match parts

MiataTrySlide92
1.) Atlantis (v1) glass will fit the Arctic and (i'm told) the Lemo.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
informative mod hack,, its not @Two_Bears idea, he is just sharing it from memory:
Help deciding what to stockup
3. Go old school Kayfun lite plus and the options are abundant.

22 mm looks good on any mod.

Use the Kayfun Mini bell cap holds 2.5 mlz. Use the nano chimney and bell cap holds 2.9-3 ml.

Use tge M Tank and standard chimney holds 5 ml

Use tge qusrtz glass Tank ot even the Steel Tank if you use tsnk crscker juices.

Get a 5 mm tube at hobby lobby or hobby barn and put tge bell cap on top tge M Tank and you have s Kayfun that holds almost 10 mls Juice.

Get a Kayfun lite plus and a few spare bases and yoy can vape MTL with the lite plus base, or direct lung it with the Monster Mini V3.

Some times old tech is hard to beat. Not to mention cheaper.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
informative mod hack,, its not @Two_Bears idea, he is just sharing it from memory:
Help deciding what to stockup
3. Go old school Kayfun lite plus and the options are abundant.

22 mm looks good on any mod.

Use the Kayfun Mini bell cap holds 2.5 mlz. Use the nano chimney and bell cap holds 2.9-3 ml.

Use tge M Tank and standard chimney holds 5 ml

Use tge qusrtz glass Tank ot even the Steel Tank if you use tsnk crscker juices.

Get a 5 mm tube at hobby lobby or hobby barn and put tge bell cap on top tge M Tank and you have s Kayfun that holds almost 10 mls Juice.

Get a Kayfun lite plus and a few spare bases and yoy can vape MTL with the lite plus base, or direct lung it with the Monster Mini V3.

Some times old tech is hard to beat. Not to mention cheaper.
thanks for the compliment.

I tend to have a garbage pit mind.

Read books and watch YouTube vids like a Mad man and have a decent memory too.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
its my hope this thread becomes a data base for 'inter changeable parts'. i dont like to hoard,, but i also dont like to trash things before their time.

The Kayfun acrylic bell cap will fit the Orchid V3 with a shorter chimney. If will also fit the original Silverplay. Screw tge Kayfun nano chimney onto tge Silverplay barrel and it will work and not leak.

Not great but it works if you have to.

That trick does NOT work on the Silverplay Nano, and possibly tge Silverplay V2.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
thanks for the compliment.

I tend to have a garbage pit mind.

Read books and watch YouTube vids like a Mad man and have a decent memory too.
Two_Bears you are one of my most favorite posters! thank you so much for sharing the hack,, and please let your brain leak out all the info you want to share.

i get a big smile when i read your posts- in a world of such ugliness you are a bright light!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Two_Bears you are one of my most favorite posters! thank you so much for sharing the hack,, and please let your brain leak out all the info you want to share.

i get a big smile when i read your posts- in a world of such ugliness you are a bright light!
Thanks but you don't know me very well.

Some would be happy to fill you in on my take no prisoners attitude.

Once a person has been awarded multiple belts in a handful of martial arts, and been awarded the title "master" in 8 differerent disiplines that person tries very hard to know what he is talking about.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
Thanks but you don't know me very well.

Some would be happy to fill you in on my take no prisoners attitude.

Once a person has been awarded multiple belts in a handful of martial arts, and been awarded the title "master" in 8 differerent disiplines that person tries very hard to know what he is talking about.
i think we would get along just fine.. most people say i dont suffer fools very well,,i tell them i can't help if it i am allergic to stupid.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Here is one heck of a tip.

Do you LOVE vaping but hate the way wire goes all over the place!

What i did was get three spools of Geek Vape Clapton wire 28 ga *2 wrapped with 32 ga. It only has 15 feet Clapton wire. I took the Clapton off and put my current spool of 26 gauge Kanthal on the spool. It should hold 100 feet or more of 26 gauge wire easy, and maybe 24 gauge vaping wire as well.

Finally my Kanthal wire behaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread