Not open for further replies.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain

5spike Super MemberVerified MemberECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
Did a little replacement glass searching on FT and someone suggested the kanger subtank mini glass would fit the griffin.So I got out my mini and checked the dimensions.Sure enough it fit and screwed together. BUT, the length of the griffin glass is 29.591mm and the kanger glass is 29.972mm. So the kanger glass just a smidge longer.The chimney seems to not quite seat all the way down but maybe close enough. I didn't feel like filling it up to see if any leaking until I might have to.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
113659.jpg

ericbncSuper MemberVerified MemberECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2012
Winston Salem, NC
New
Just a few tips gleened from various forums for new Nemsis owners out there (clone and authentic) if your button is less than perfect out of the box:

1) Check the rice pin - it should be even with the top of the post the bottom silver pin screws into. If it is too long the throw of the button can be off causing the switch to hang if pushed from the side instead of dead center. A file or dremel can fix this problem quickly.

2) Make sure the top of the large spring is inserted up into the channel for it cut into the bottom of the upper part of the switch (opposite side from the black delrin).

I did this for my brass hcigar Nemesis and find the movement much improved, enough that I left my magnets in the box since there wasn't really any improvement over a proper working spring switch.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
1.) Atlantis (v1) glass will fit the Arctic and (i'm told) the Lemo.

Cool thread!!!!! :thumbs:
Sooooo glad I didn't throw the bag out. Threw my Lemo & Goblin Mini in the trash last night cause I have no interest in bottom fill tanks anymore.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
Sooooo glad I didn't throw the bag out. Threw my Lemo & Goblin Mini in the trash last night cause I have no interest in bottom fill tanks anymore.
thanks! hopefully the thread fills up with tips for many vapors :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

These days, might be a good idea to toss out nothing!

While mix and match for spare parts is a good thing, having functional toppers as last resort may also be desired!

TheMike21

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

5spike Super MemberVerified MemberECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
Did a little replacement glass searching on FT and someone suggested the kanger subtank mini glass would fit the griffin.So I got out my mini and checked the dimensions.Sure enough it fit and screwed together. BUT, the length of the griffin glass is 29.591mm and the kanger glass is 29.972mm. So the kanger glass just a smidge longer.The chimney seems to not quite seat all the way down but maybe close enough. I didn't feel like filling it up to see if any leaking until I might have to.
The glass for the Top tank Mini is shorter and it actually fits the griffin 22 perfectly

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
Thanks for starting this thread. Are you planning on making a spread sheet/database for the info? Just wondering cause I see this thread becoming large and difficult to find a particular item/info.
the spreadsheet would also be huge. i will have to consider it. fyi--i am pretty new to vaping and many of the products are foreign to me. hopefully several glass parts interchange making that part a little easier.

Reactions: rosesense

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
If you look at Bedazzle Tubes she has the measurements for the RBA, RTA and subohm tank replacement glass she carries, just click on one to see the description. It makes it easy to compare sizes.
Bedazzle Glass Tubes
hey WOW! nice heads up on spare glass parts!--thank you :) :thumb:

Reactions: Qew

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Working on the theory that everything in the hardware side will be out in public prior to 8/8/16,, and that 2018 becomes a problematic era of repairs: I would like to see if we can prepare ourselves a bit with repair information.

I currently do not have any information on what parts will work on another product. But down the road it would be nice to know if glass for 1 tank also fits 3 or 10 other tanks. Or any other given part.

ie,, I will be buying some Griffin replacement glass from FT,, in hopes that it fits my Griffin clone, I also hope to find out what other tanks that glass fits and share that info here.

I love my Pico,, yet I have not found any chips to collect that fit in that little unit. I am sure I am not the only 'lost in vape-land' and would greatly appreciate all info.

Yay & Kudos to you for starting this thread! It's a great idea!! Thank you!

Reactions: kross8

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
If you look at Bedazzle Tubes she has the measurements for the RBA, RTA and subohm tank replacement glass she carries, just click on one to see the description. It makes it easy to compare sizes.
Bedazzle Glass Tubes
that is a really nice site,, i love art and she/they appear to do some really nice work.............SWEEEEEEEET!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Bedazzle Glass Tubes
I love the Bedazzle site. I still have all of the stuff I ever bought from her, tho since I don't use cartos anymore, I kinda just drifted away. But she makes some beautiful glass tanks for sure.
And they are priced reasonably.
:)

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
I love the Bedazzle site. I still have all of the stuff I ever bought from her, tho since I don't use cartos anymore, I kinda just drifted away. But she makes some beautiful glass tanks for sure.
And they are priced reasonably.
yes they are priced right,, very right when you consider the art.. i am considering asking her if she can do custom artwork. i am an 'Alice in Wonderland'/ Edgar Allen Poe kinda girl.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
yes they are priced right,, very right when you consider the art.. i am considering asking her if she can do custom artwork. i am an 'Alice in Wonderland'/ Edgar Allen Poe kinda girl.
If you can find an example of what you like, maybe something on a sticker or an avi, and ask her if she can make it? I know she will respond and tell her I said hi. Haven't talked to Kathy in a while, but we go way back.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

First documented vaper:

c7c57857f42982f0a9e6392839a04ca4.jpg

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016

englishmickUltra MemberVerified MemberECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2014
Indianapolis, IN, USA
New
There's a blog with sizes and sources for screws and O-rings for Kayfun Lite and 3.1.

Kayfun Replacement O-rings and Screws! | E-Cigarette Forum

Kidney Puncher has the insulators in packs of 5.

Mad Vape has plastic tank sections for $1.50, you have to do age verification and they don't sell to some states. You can get them from FT, pack of 3 for $1.60.

EVCigarettes sell screws and orings and other parts individually, a little expensive and some of them are out of stock.

Lightning Vapes have some parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread