Interchangeable Parts for after 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
One of the things I don't like about tanks is the glass barrel. Why not stainless steel instead? I wrote to fastech and suggested they offer some stainless replacements for the glass part on some tanks. We'll see if they try that. If you're using temp control there's not going to be a dry hits even if the tank runs dry. The top fill tanks can be checked easily and topped off once or twice a day.

An SV rda clone is the only atomizer I use. The part count is very low and most of it is generic. This simplifies the stockpile challenge a lot.

Reactions: kross8

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
One of the things I don't like about tanks is the glass barrel. Why not stainless steel instead? I wrote to Fastech and suggested they offer some stainless replacements for the glass part on some tanks. We'll see if they try that. If you're using temp control there's not going to be a dry hits even if the tank runs dry. The top fill tanks can be checked easily and topped off once or twice a day.

An SV rda clone is the only atomizer I use. The part count is very low and most of it is generic. This simplifies the stockpile challenge a lot.
i would like to see more sleeves for glass tanks........right now i use an a/c oring..it really does protect my tank,, but not the most attractive.. i research rings... you know for your fingers.. it appears that size 13 will fit our tanks nearly...i say nearly because i have not tried it yet.. and i may need to add a micro fill of teflon tape/run a bead of silicone or something for it to fit snug.

this is one from amazon i sorta like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007O3G96...lid=2GX2JR0FW8B2M&coliid=I3ER26AWI1EL4G&psc=1
510mlvCOK3L._UY395_.jpg

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
i would like to see more sleeves for glass tanks........right now i use an a/c oring..it really does protect my tank,, but not the most attractive.. i research rings... you know for your fingers.. it appears that size 13 will fit our tanks nearly...i say nearly because i have not tried it yet.. and i may need to add a micro fill of teflon tape/run a bead of silicone or something for it to fit snug.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007O3G96...lid=2GX2JR0FW8B2M&coliid=I3ER26AWI1EL4G&psc=1
510mlvCOK3L._UY395_.jpg
interesting collection of dragon ,,claws etc type rings some might like.. scroll down
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GPBIWDE?psc=1

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016

choochoogrannyVaping MasterECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
New

I have one but have not tried it yet.
I just found out there are two different Serpent minis, bnrkwest. :w00t: The first one which I do have is the Serpent mini RTA. You have to make your own coil on this one. Then last month? Wotofo came out with a Serpent mini Sub Ohm which takes a premade coil and the Kanger STM coils also fit........which can be recoiled too. :)

Since the little Aspire Replacement BVC's (non Nauty) can be used the STM's .......and the STM coils can be used in the newer Serpent........I was hoping the Aspire Replacement BVC coils would also work in the Serpent..... I love options. :p

Wotofo Serpent Sub Ohm Tank

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016

Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
New

I have one but have not tried it yet.
I just found out there are two different Serpent minis, bnrkwest. :w00t: The first one which I do have is the Serpent mini RTA. You have to make your own coil on this one. Then last month? Wotofo came out with a Serpent mini Sub Ohm which takes a premade coil and the Kanger STM coils also fit........which can be recoiled too. :)

Since the little Aspire Replacement BVC's (non Nauty) can be used the STM's .......and the STM coils can be used in the newer Serpent........I was hoping the Aspire Replacement BVC coils would also work in the Serpent..... I love options. :p

Wotofo Serpent Sub Ohm Tank

Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
New
Well, you'll be happy to know that ProTank 2 coils also work in the STM and the TopTank. The ProTank 2 coils were the first I learned to rebuild and they're pretty inexpensive now. :)

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
forgotten but not that old information
Atlantis Coils That Work in Other Tanks

Nick Smith Full Member
Mar 14, 2015
Aspire Atlantis Coils will fit.

Vapeston Maganus
Freemax Starre
Anyvape Sega Sub Tank
Eleaf Melo
Sense Tech Herakles
Horizon Tech Arctic

Anyvape Sega Tank RBA will fit.

Aspire Atlantis
Vapeston Maganus
Freemax Starre
Horizon Tech Arctic

Modding may or may not be required.

Atlantis RBA
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sA8RdUq-IgM

Atlantis RBA Hack is Required
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uuc66QvYm4

Sub Ohm Shootout
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=93aWsKZ5Vrw

Nick Smith, Apr 18, 2015 Report

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
49 AM #2Nicaholic
user-offline.png
AVF Regular
reputation_pos.png

(aussievapers)
Here's a list of tanks that will take the Aspire Atlantis Coils:

Aspire Atlantis

Aspire Atlantis V2

Aspire Atlantis Mega

Aspire Triton

Smokme Subverter Mini

Tobeco Super Tank

Tobeco Super Tank Mini

Vapeston Maganus

Freemax Starre

Freemax Starre Pro

Anyvape SegaTank

Anyvape Fury Tank

Eleaf Melo

Eleaf iJust2

Vapor DNA Project Sub Ohm Saucecode

Science of Vaping Eclipse

Sense Tech Herakles

Beyond Vape Silo Beast

EHPRO/Eciggity Morph Tank

Amigo Donner 22

Vapor-Tek Morpheus

Vapor-Tek Morpheus V2

Sunone Sking Square

Thunderhead Creations Thunderstorm Tank
Last edited by Nicaholic; 13-10-15 at 12:02 PM.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
ft-
djvillan
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 3752
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos2750
+2 details

Protank 4 rba does fit & work in STM & Toptank but not the Nebox
Received yesterday and I can confirm the Protank 4 rba fits and works in the Subtank Mini and Toptank Mini but not the Nebox, only the SSOCC coils do.

Reactions: DavidOck

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
My hardware stockpile is treated separate from everyday vaping stuff. It boils down to mods and atomizers. Instead of one of everything the stockpile has 10 of one atomizer (SV rda clone) and 5 each of two mods. With that arrangement when a mod or atomizer becomes unrepariable I'll have a spare parts supply in the form of a vaping junkyard. I keep a size run of standard orings so I can adjust the tightness of the SV barrel on the deck. Orings wear over time so those are spare parts too. The SV rda has varioius fastners for traping the wire which must be generic. If the female side strips it might be possible to drill and tap to a larger size or find some ultra tiny helicoil. If the center pin is custom I can have it made if necessary. I'd like to have a few dozen of the insulators between the center pin and the deck. In a pinch may be I can make them on a hobby lathe or have them made.

I won't do mech mods. I'm stuck with regulated mods with TC. The best solution is to have a bunch of them. My estimate is one should last two years of full time use so 5 should be enough but just in case I'm wrong or one gets lost or damaged I have 10, 5 each of two different makes. May be spare parts will keep my mods working longer, may be not. I'm lucky to be satisfied with one simple rda. One of the SV's will probably go for years and having 10 is way overkill.

The stuff I've stockpiled is also what I use day to day so I'm getting to know them and seeing what might be vulnerable to failure. I'm considering a touch of grease on the Pico battery door threads.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
My hardware stockpile is treated separate from everyday vaping stuff. It boils down to mods and atomizers. Instead of one of everything the stockpile has 10 of one atomizer (SV rda clone) and 5 each of two mods. With that arrangement when a mod or atomizer becomes unrepariable I'll have a spare parts supply in the form of a vaping junkyard. I keep a size run of standard orings so I can adjust the tightness of the SV barrel on the deck. Orings wear over time so those are spare parts too. The SV rda has varioius fastners for traping the wire which must be generic. If the female side strips it might be possible to drill and tap to a larger size or find some ultra tiny helicoil. If the center pin is custom I can have it made if necessary. I'd like to have a few dozen of the insulators between the center pin and the deck. In a pinch may be I can make them on a hobby lathe or have them made.

I won't do mech mods. I'm stuck with regulated mods with TC. The best solution is to have a bunch of them. My estimate is one should last two years of full time use so 5 should be enough but just in case I'm wrong or one gets lost or damaged I have 10, 5 each of two different makes. May be spare parts will keep my mods working longer, may be not. I'm lucky to be satisfied with one simple rda. One of the SV's will probably go for years and having 10 is way overkill.

The stuff I've stockpiled is also what I use day to day so I'm getting to know them and seeing what might be vulnerable to failure. I'm considering a touch of grease on the Pico battery door threads.
i agree with your philosophy,, another poster Mike Petri (?) advised the same.. find what you like and stock pile that. i was very lucky to enter the vape world when i did,,, so much work and rework had already happened by the time i showed up so i didn't have to 'figure it out to make it work'. (i greatly appreciate all of you longer term vapors).

my 'huge' stock pile fits inside a shaving/make up bag...(its being transferred this weekend to a notebook thing to fit in my laptop bag). its pretty simple.
topbox. pico, mech,nebox
griffins, avocados,
corolla, freak show mini, 2 other little rdas and a squid (hahahah.. love that name)

glass, orings, screws.

knock on wood, i havent broke anything yet. i have 1 nebox acting up,, but i am getting suspicious a good cleaning might fix it. i had a pico acting up and cleaning cured it. --also,, dont forget to clean the batteries. i used a damp towel then dried them then used pencil eraser. its amazing where a little bit of ejuice can go and what it can do.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
i agree with your philosophy,, another poster Mike Petri (?) advised the same.. find what you like and stock pile that. i was very lucky to enter the vape world when i did,,, so much work and rework had already happened by the time i showed up so i didn't have to 'figure it out to make it work'. (i greatly appreciate all of you longer term vapors).

my 'huge' stock pile fits inside a shaving/make up bag...(its being transferred this weekend to a notebook thing to fit in my laptop bag). its pretty simple.
topbox. pico, mech,nebox
griffins, avocados,
corolla, freak show mini, 2 other little rdas and a squid (hahahah.. love that name)

glass, orings, screws.

knock on wood, i havent broke anything yet. i have 1 nebox acting up,, but i am getting suspicious a good cleaning might fix it. i had a pico acting up and cleaning cured it. --also,, dont forget to clean the batteries. i used a damp towel then dried them then used pencil eraser. its amazing where a little bit of ejuice can go and what it can do.
I've studied diligently but only been at this 2 years. Don't call me a veteran just yet. Stockpiling vape stuff is fascinating. It's part of the hobby. What's the least amount of resources to make it 10 years and may be 20 if nic is immortal after all. Nasa is a good model. They want to go to Pluto, still be alive when they get there, and keep the payload to a minimum to save money. So I'm going to Pluto, I can't resupply for 10 years, and it's all got to fit in a small carryon bag. (I've heard nobody hastles you about vaping on Pluto.)

P.S. My stockpile does not include anything that's generic like PG, VG, wire, cotton, batteries, etc. I may have some years supply of those things but I'm not trying to have 10 years worth of them.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
I've studied diligently but only been at this 2 years. Don't call me a veteran just yet. Stockpiling vape stuff is fascinating. It's part of the hobby. What's the least amount of resources to make it 10 years and may be 20 if nic is immortal after all. Nasa is a good model. They want to go to Pluto, still be alive when they get there, and keep the payload to a minimum to save money. So I'm going to Pluto, I can't resupply for 10 years, and it's all got to fit in a small carryon bag. (I've heard nobody hastles you about vaping on Pluto.)

P.S. My stockpile does not include anything that's generic like PG, VG, wire, cotton, batteries, etc. I may have some years supply of those things but I'm not trying to have 10 years worth of them.
i have 2 of most of the items listed,, and yet it all fits in such a small area.

i like your analogy of pluto/nasa.. i made it through hurricane ike,, and learnt the value of owning just a few items. i literally only need my laptop bag and a bag of clothes and i can 'relocate' anywhere and be fine. (except extreme winter areas)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks for consolidating all this info into one place. It not only helps the newer vapers but the 'more seasoned' ones like me also.
I remember reading all this type of stuff at some point in my journey, but could never remember where/when it was posted. So again thank you.
:)

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016

510mlvCOK3L._UY395_.jpg
i bought a ring at Myrtle Beach, (size 13 mens),,i had to run a couple of wraps of teflon tape under the ring until i get some super skinny seals or something. i thought about running a bead of caulking on the inside of the ring.. letting it set up then slide the ring on and trim off the edges....but for now,, i use the teflon trimmed back and still use a a/c rubber gasket. this photo was for another poster asking 'what do you have with you all day'.. well i have my pico/griffin, my ejuice flask, and a bracelet my son gave to me just before he left for Iran.
dailey carry.jpg

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016

510mlvCOK3L._UY395_.jpg
finally got around to putting the ring on right. its a size 13 mens to fit a 22mm atty/glass. the easiest way to do this is 1 find a ring you like.......(likely the hard part) :)

clean the ring ,, then put a healthy drop of silicone inside the ring in 3 or 4 places. let the silicone 'cure/dry' when its ready you may have to trim it a bit maybe not. then carefully slide it over your glass.

the silicone acts like a bumper and the ring looks better than any vape band.

silicone,, around here my house it isnt hard to find a tube of it,, but you can buy a small tube of it in the home repair section of walmart. i wanted clear not white.. use your own judgement.

Pico wit ring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread