Interested in Uwell Crown 3 but my VT167 has 6V cutoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Hey all, I bought a hcigar VT167(DNA250) and Big Baby beast in February, love the mod, the baby beast had some issues for me... Anyway I decided to use my Uwell Crown again yesterday and I found out the Hcigar VT167 has a 6V cut off making it not great for 0.5 ohm coils, especially SS since its resistance goes up as you fire. The mod would keep reading "Ohm too high" at around 67 watts (power).

If I get the Crown 3 and want to use my VT167 I suppose I should only order 0.25 SS coils, however if I had blast it with 70-80 or even 90 watts I'm curious if the resistance will go up high enough to trigger an "ohms too high" warning with the amount of watts put through. Input welcome.

Thanks

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hey all, I bought a Hcigar VT167(DNA250) and Big Baby beast in February, love the mod, the baby beast had some issues for me... Anyway I decided to use my Uwell Crown again yesterday and I found out the Hcigar VT167 has a 6V cut off making it not great for 0.5 ohm coils, especially SS since its resistance goes up as you fire. The mod would keep reading "Ohm too high" at around 67 watts (power).

If I get the Crown 3 and want to use my VT167 I suppose I should only order 0.25 SS coils, however if I had blast it with 70-80 or even 90 watts I'm curious if the resistance will go up high enough to trigger an "ohms too high" warning with the amount of watts put through. Input welcome.

Thanks
A .25Ω coil will rise to about .32Ω maximum, around 600℉, so you should be good to 112w or so.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Steamer861
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread