Interesting article in the post - Why is the government out to destroy vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
...but there are a hell of a lot more positive articles than there were even a year ago. :)

Here's hoping! :thumbs:

I second that m'lady!

A year ago I literally could only stomach 5 minutes in this forum. Now I can go a full 10 without doom and gloom setting in.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Why are they out to destroy vaping? They are not. They are out to tax the living snot out of it to get back the taxes they lost on tobacco because of vaping. They will get that money one way or another, and they will never give up on that cash stream. They believe they are entitled to it, that it's their divine right, and that they have a right to extract it from us any way they can.

Currently BT is in the game with them, trying to pass legislation banning open system vaping in favor of their closed system vaping (convenience store ecigs) but that's not likely to fly, so govmnt is doing all it can to vilify vaping pursuant to obscenely taxing it for the money they feel entitled to, and has been denied them by vapers.

That's it in a nutshell.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I've recently gotten some abrogative feedback from a couple of people I know who were against vaping. Specifically based on the recent BBC article from the R.C.P. report. Not just positive, but from an authoritative source seems to have helped cut through the BS. The New York post has significant credibility, it's a really good article to see.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Really liked this article, shared to facebook.

The RCP says it is “unlikely” that vaping is even 5% as dangerous as smoking — and may be substantially safer than that.

So, to say that nicotine is about as dangerous as caffeine is pretty spot on in my opinion, because what that sentence really says is that inhaling nicotine is 5% as dangerous as smoking. Looking back on everything that smokers have been through over the years, and still go through, all because they were "addicted" to something that's about equal to several cups of coffee every day, and have now found a safer solution for and are still kicked to the curb for, I've never been so angry about anything else in my lifetime.

I'm going to assume that the DA/AP issue was also part of the science the RCP looked at, it had to be, it's been such a big issue making headlines everywhere that there's no way it was overlooked. If vaping as a whole, pg/vg/nic/flavorings, is just 5% as dangerous then DA/AP is even less so. *slams the door SHUT on that topic*

PpaStrmpf

Apr 2, 2016
And what about us that want to vape 0 nic free juice. How are they going to regulate that? If it has no nicotine can't that toss into tobacco products? Are they going to tax devices too? I'm in EU there is no better situation. And plus EU market is not so dveloped like in USA. They'll limit our possibility to acquire juice and equipment. If they tax our small vendors (which are already expensive) it will be easier and cheaper to go on Marry or back to regular stinkers. Oh btw they speak against smokes and in my small village you have over 5 tobacco vending machines plus you can buy them by baker. F_ _ _ing hypocrits.

catlady60

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Nazareth, PA
Why are they out to destroy vaping? They are not. They are out to tax the living snot out of it to get back the taxes they lost on tobacco because of vaping. They will get that money one way or another, and they will never give up on that cash stream. They believe they are entitled to it, that it's their divine right, and that they have a right to extract it from us any way they can.

Currently BT is in the game with them, trying to pass legislation banning open system vaping in favor of their closed system vaping (convenience store ecigs) but that's not likely to fly, so govmnt is doing all it can to vilify vaping pursuant to obscenely taxing it for the money they feel entitled to, and has been denied them by vapers.

That's it in a nutshell.
Taxing the snot out of vaping IS destroying it. Most people won't be able to afford to vape anymore. That's the prohibitionists' way of getting around an outright ban because the FDA is not allowed to ban nicotine products.
I think the real reason the government wants to interfere with vaping is that it's cutting into the profits of the tobacco and pharma industries. We can't have people taking smoking cessation into their own hands. /sarcasm:vapor:

Benji_Rock

Dec 4, 2015
I dont see how any amount of articles will change the governments minds. They know it all already. They know it's safe, and they dont care. All they want if for people to stay on cigarettes, paying huge amounts of tax on them, then getting cancer with which theyll have to pay thousands for in treatment, and when they die, hooray! Inheritance Tax! or just death tax as I call it - literally a tax on dying. Call me a mad conspiracy theorist but I genuinely believe there is a straight up cure for cancer, but it's not profitable to use it.

Reactions: defdock

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Call me a mad conspiracy theorist but I genuinely believe there is a straight up cure for cancer, but it's not profitable to use it.
If there is such a cure (or at least effective treatments) I imagine the really rich have access.

Think Magic Johnson and AIDS.
Think Michael J. Fox and Parkinsons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread