Interesting Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I can't imagine why anyone would think that an e-cig "normalizes" smoking, any more than an apple "normalizes" a pear (they're both fruits, but they don't "normalize" each other.

There are only certain people who want to push the "e-cigs normalize smoking" agenda, and that's the people who want to put the sin tax on it, but we already know why and how they are going about that, to a certain extent.

It was a good article, though...

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
We spent a large part of a vacation in NY state... once. By the time we left, I felt like I might need a "weight" tax, where if I gained weight during my time there, I might be required to pay a tax on it. It's such a shame, it's a beautiful place but the endless taxation really got on me and the Husband's nerves, LOL. The Husband deducts and seems to make it his mission to deduct Every.Last.Thing. Don't even get me started about having to go to all my pharmacies to get a printout of meds for the year (yes, they do this).

Speaking of taxes, it looks like that horrid tax bill that wanted to stop allowing people from deducting their state taxes from their FEDERAL taxes is not going to pass (hopefully). Talk about double taxation!!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread