Interesting letter from Sony regarding VTC batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    At least we know they're still being made. :)

Posted (2 pages)with the permission of Origin vape. Thank you for forwarding it to me!

image.png image.png

krisjay

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 20, 2014
    Maine
    Sony stopped making 18650's 2 years ago. I still can't understand why people don't realize one of two things. Either the Sony 18650 batteries anyone is buying are old stock or they are fake. Those are and can be the only reality. Unless Sony decides to start manufacturing 18650's again, people should just move on to batteries they know are legit. The letter you have here doesn't state or insinuate anything other than past tense and safety issues.

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    I suspect that Sony isn't stopping production, but they're going to be very selective as to who gets 'em

Sony's official response to the availability of VTC4 and VTC5 18650s

The battery biz is too huge to stop making the VTCs altogether. I do suspect, however, that they'll no longer be sold "individually", but to OEMs who need them for their products.

With all the latest sensationalism via the press about malfunctioning devices, Sony is doing the legal CYA in the event some yahoo tries to blame them for a defective battery rather than looking in the mirror to determine the cause of a meltdown.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread