interesting phenomenon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
So I'm noticing that my drippers and tips are getting hot. Like HOT.

It's a recurring problem, and one that I am making much worse on accident, and didn't notice how or why until tonight.

If you over drip, filling the juice well, super saturating your wicks, and generally get too much liquid in an RDA so that it really wants to leak, well, all that juice gets hot and transfers heat to the rest of the atty pretty darn quick!

Also - if it should happen to drip, it can burn you. I currently have a second degree (blistering up) juice burn on my thumb.

Time to get a little more patient with more frequent dripping.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Air flow, air flow air flow you are building your coils to hot for the amount of air flow you have in your atty you should not be getting that hot.
Try building a coil with a little higher resistance, drilling out your air holes or getting a atty that allows you to get plenty of air.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
ever since i swapped to nichrome 80 wire, i never get hot attys anymore. I vape on rogue rda's so there is not super airflow on em. I dont know what exactly it is but the nichrome wire heats up faster and seems to cool down faster as well. Never had the problem of overdripping and the liquid getting hot though, usually when you over drip your coils will just spit juice back into your face and create no vapor. I do find I have no more hot atty problems though whatever the cause may have been ever since i stopped using kanthal.

Reactions: Momato

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
hope thats not experience talking BA
Not directly. I once came close to doing it, but luckily I always put the mouthpiece to my lips prior to firing my mod.

A sales associate at the vape shop where I worked burnt his lower lip when he fired his mod without the RDA's top cap in place. It wasn't a pretty sight and he felt a lot of pain.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Not directly. I once came close to doing it, but luckily I always put the mouthpiece to my lips prior to firing my mod.

A sales associate at the vape shop where I worked burnt his lower lip when he fired his mod without the RDA's top cap in place. It wasn't a pretty sight and he felt a lot of pain.
Ouch! I once touched a coil to see if it was cool :facepalm: I wasnt!

Reactions: Ryedan

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV

Around the time I first started to re build I was sitting at my computer drinking a cup of coffee and building a coil for my igo w. I had just woke up more or less and wasn't really all there when I wicked and juiced up the atty. I fired it for a bit without the cap, blowing it to try and break in the cotton. I got super thirsty in the middle of this process, so I set down the mod and took a gulp of coffee.. Well that coffee really made me want to take a nice long morning toot. So without looking I grabbed my mod and put it to my.. GO***** that hurt, what the hell!!! That's right, I never put the cap back on.

I had a perfect 1 ohm coil mark on my top lip for a month. I took it as a learning lesson, like the first time you touch the stove and figure out it's hot. Haven't done it since but I'll be damned if I didn't feel like a fool for a good while afterwards. Just saying I did it here makes me feel quite dumb tbh, but I figure share and share alike right?

Reactions: Baditude

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
I drip all day and my atty never gets hot.

Proper airflow ftw.

Thats funny because mine always get hot no matter what even at higher ohms lower watts watts, less wick wick/more wick,less uuice/more and no matte what kind of tip.

What kinda RDA you using and DT. Mine rarely gets to hot to hit, but its always warm. It would be nice to find something that stays cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread