Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
MFrTtr2.jpg

Hey guys I just found this, probably the only rda I've never seen, it was hiding under a hidden rock in the internet. It's called the Vulcan, and it's made by a "Japanese CNC Perfectionist Producer" that also makes the Igo-W5?

This kinda threw me for a loop because I thought Youde made all Igo's, that and the Vulcan looks super high quality, not that the IGO's don't (I love my W2), but it definitely doesn't look like a Youde product. Nothing completely out of the ordinary here, it's just a neat design, and well made with heat sinks on both top and bottom, as well as machined negative posts, and a unique cut-out drip well to "maximize space".

Just though it'd be worth mentioning, it looks alot like my favorite Tobh Atty, but with extra heat-sinks between your mod and atty, which is nice for someone who "pushes the limits" alot. Pretty much the only thing I don't like about it is the airflow cut out of the "V" in the logo, which I actually think is pretty cool, but don't like it functionally. Although for $60, which is darn fair for the quality of it's looks, I'm tempted to have an "ulcan" and drill out that airflow into a nice square!

Check it out!

VULCAN RDA | Vapour Life Style (VLS)

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Lol, it looks like the top cap says Mulcan to me. I like the negative post design for some reason, nice sized drip well too. However I do find it interesting and possibly a bad thing that the same person designed the IGO-W5 which I own and use just the deck of because the original top cap came with the holes drilled crooked and my OCD couldn't handle it. The deck is nice though, I actually swapped out some O-rings and it now fits an RSST top cap.

But yeah, for $60...that "Mulcan" looks pretty slick.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Lol, it looks like the top cap says Mulcan to me. I like the negative post design for some reason, nice sized drip well too. However I do find it interesting and possibly a bad thing that the same person designed the IGO-W5 which I own and use just the deck of because the original top cap came with the holes drilled crooked and my OCD couldn't handle it. The deck is nice though, I actually swapped out some O-rings and it now fits an RSST top cap.

But yeah, for $60...that "Mulcan" looks pretty slick.

:lol: I wouldn't have saw that unless you said it, it will forever be Mulcan to me now, I can't unsee it XD, that's hilarious lol. Yeah it does look like quite a steal, I like the juice well too, it may just look like flash, but like you said it's really deep, and the cutaway will allow the coils to have better airflow, but most importantly: the coils can sit lower, and much closer to the juice puddle. It's basically a taller tobh, with brass finger-screws (which is awesome), and with an airflow window so your coils don't have to be poking above the rim of the well, pretty slick. Almost my favorite part though is the bottom fins, I've been getting a pretty hot mod lately due to sub-ohming with Gplat, and my atty is the one making all the heat (and it's the Tobh! It's even got fins still), I bet this thing stays cool.

I really like this thing the more I look at it, I see one being mine in the future for my super hot builds, and I'm definitely going to drill out the "M" (lol) to a square, as well as probably lengthen it into a rectange for super big airflow, it may be the "can" atty soon in my hands :p.

Pre-order mine on 6/25/14 from Ja'vapes. The base design and milling looks fantastic
Really have no idea how the air flow will work out until it's in my hands (very soon I hope)

Thanks pauli, I wasn't sure if it was available yet or not. Be sure to update us on the airflow, you should "like" this message if you remember and let us know (just so I know you returned). Although it looks different, I think the V will be a darn good airflow, it's pretty massive from the looks of it, and the V will probably "whip up" some turbulence making better vapor.

Let's hope it doesn't whistle :S. That would be illogical captain. ;)

Vulcan by vapourlifestyle - Page 2

Mine should show up today I hope, but meanwhile the post above gives some more insight. The "walls" would be the high sides of the atty base. Twisting the cap so the v cut out is in to the high base sides should offer less air flow. I'm hoping there's a v on both sides and that they will be off-set to line up better with my typical dual coil three post builds

Skenzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
West MI
View attachment 353465
This topper is really nicely built. No whistle. Great airflow. Domed top. Comes with extra o-rings and three sets of post screws

Is that the drip tip that came with it? It looks different then the ones I've seen in retail. Looks like a great dripper, ordered one today for myself :)

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
Definitely a beauty, just got mine in a couple hours ago and have been really enjoying it. Airflow holes are a bit low, and I think verticals would be the preferred build on this, but so far I am in deep, deep 'like'. Some will want more airflow, but for me this sucker is perfect, just right. No whistle and a silky smooth, quiet vape. Excited to see more from Japan.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
View attachment 353465
This topper is really nicely built. No whistle. Great airflow. Domed top. Comes with extra o-rings and three sets of post screws

Thanks for the pic Pauli! Better than the Zenith must be a winner! The Tobh beat my Z a while ago, I've never understood the massive rave over it, it's an amazing dripper for sure, but not the best by a handful to me. It looks amazing on your Tarsius too! Do those bottom vents keep the 4nine noticeably cooler, that was one of the things I'm most interested in, as well as that deck. It's nice to know the airflow doesn't whistle, it actually looks pretty massive! I'm still debating taking a drill to my "ulcan" once it gets here :p.

Just picked one up today at my local B&M - it's beautiful. Just finished my usual new-atty cleaning and am about to throw its first build on it. Thus far, nothing has de-throned my Stillare v2i (not even my Zenith v2) - here's hoping...;-)

The Stillare is a pretty underrated atomizer, I agree that it trumped the Zenith by quite a bit too, I think it's the conductivity+big airflow+larger chamber that make it work better for me, the zenith was a little too cramped for me, plus the post holes aren't big enough for a chaser of the fog such as myself.

You had one at your local shop? It seems like everyone has these, I haven't heard of this since a few days ago! Lol and I scour the internet for atty's, that's awesome that you found one. How does it compare to the stillare?

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Definitely a beauty, just got mine in a couple hours ago and have been really enjoying it. Airflow holes are a bit low, and I think verticals would be the preferred build on this, but so far I am in deep, deep 'like'. Some will want more airflow, but for me this sucker is perfect, just right. No whistle and a silky smooth, quiet vape. Excited to see more from Japan.

I was thinking the same about the verticals :), I actually prefer verticals on the right airflow anyway. I like a larger airflow, but dual 1/8th's work perfect for me, and these seem to be fairly close to that, pretty massive already. I actually like the idea of the "V" whipping up the air on the way in, I bet it makes the air cooler, like pursing your lips.

Hey tree- yes, the top of the 4nine stays much cooler with the lower heat sinks
The v holes I think net out more than 1/8 drilling
I use sloped coil sets that line up nicely with the post holes and air vents
I only build to about .6 ohm which gives me a really balanced warm and Flavorful vape
No oozing juice from the air vents

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
I was thinking the same about the verticals :), I actually prefer verticals on the right airflow anyway. I like a larger airflow, but dual 1/8th's work perfect for me, and these seem to be fairly close to that, pretty massive already. I actually like the idea of the "V" whipping up the air on the way in, I bet it makes the air cooler, like pursing your lips.

I have noticed the Vulcan gives a particular quality of vape I don't get from other drippers. I believe it has to do with that 'V' airhole design as much as how close I have my coils to them. Seems to be more dispersed, and reminds me a lot of the quality of vape I get off the Magma, if that makes any sense whatsoever. Still haven't set it up with verts but will do so soon, I'm sure.

Tazwell

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Franklin, VA. USA
I was torn a few weeks ago over the Odin and the Vulcan, my fav B&M had them both in stock. Got the Odin then and the Vulcan today. Now I am sorry I let the Vulcan sit so long. Getting a killer vape on the Surf Rider with a .25 build in the Vulcan. It's running cooler than my Veritas with the same ohm build. Juice capacity is almost on par with the Magma without dripping and the build is a walk in the park. Flavorful vape with good thick density on the exhale with vents wide open. No whistle. Pretty sure it's a keeper.

Skenzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
West MI
Been using my Vulcan for the past three days now. I have a .5 ohm dc build in it mounted on a 4nine mod dripping through a Cherry Vapes Cloud Chaser driptip. The bottom heat fins really keep the 4nine from heating up. Produces a wonderful flavor and good clouds. Super easy to build on.
Between my magma, CLT, and the vulcan I have no need for another dripper. Well, we'll see what comes out next.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I got my Vulcan in the mail last week sometime and been vaping it ever since and I can say that it has become my favorite dripper thus far, in my opinion. This is also between my tobh v2, magma, plume veil, and patriot. I just love this atty, and for everything you get for 60$ you cannot beat it! One problem I do have is that I have a tiny tiny amount of juice that'll leak out of the 510 pin onto my battery. Ive broke it down, cleaned it, and re tightened the 510 pin and no luck. The company vapourlifestyle is fixing this issue for me though, I have to say they have extremely great customer service, and fast responses. I might actually buy another one if they dont send me one in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread