RDA Interesting, the Vulcan RDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine came in the mail 2 days ago and so far it's my favorite dripper (current line-up is Brass Monkee, Igo-W, & Stillare). It has a deep well and can take a solid amount of juice, and the way the posts overhang make building it super easy. Great flavor with a dual setup at .6 and it looks classy. Extra bonus - it comes in a plastic casing that mimics the design of the rda and when opened up doubles as two nifty stands for other rda's.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Good grief! I gotta stop buying these things. I have more RDAs and RBAs than I have mods to put them on; and I have a lot of mods.
Anyway, I went looking for a Vulcan last week, and it was out of stock at Vapordna, so I ordered an Odin instead. Today I received an email that the Vulcan was back in stock, so I couldn't resist. Sheesh, I haven't even received the Odin yet. Should be here tomorrow. Vulcan will be a couple more days.

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Gosh darn all you you are making it super hard to decide which atty to get next!!!!

sig-153231.jpg

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Honestly, you cant beat this dripper for the price and everything you get. I thought the same thing cause I have plenty of attys but I figured what the hell. I mean it comes with more then most rda's in the 120$ range, to me thats just sad. And its built like 120$ rda on top of that. I think it would be perfect for somebody like you.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I actually hate my tobh, had 2 sold one, will be selling the other as well. And the sleeve from the tobh fits the vulcan, or so im told, for people who want more air flow. Its 60$ shipped, against the tobh yes I can see how the air flow control is appealing especially for the price I agree there, but up against other rda's that have close to nothing innovative except air flow control I think its a waste of 100 plus dollars compared to 60$ and only missing adjustable air flow. Just opinion though.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
I actually hate my tobh, had 2 sold one, will be selling the other as well. And the sleeve from the tobh fits the vulcan, or so im told, for people who want more air flow. Its 60$ shipped, against the tobh yes I can see how the air flow control is appealing especially for the price I agree there, but up against other rda's that have close to nothing innovative except air flow control I think its a waste of 100 plus dollars compared to 60$ and only missing adjustable air flow. Just opinion though.

You hated your Tobh? Hmm, with the two being almost identical save for the Tobh's adjustable air control... i wonder how you love the Vulcan? (honestly curious not being a smart ... here) In your opinion, how does the Vlucan compare to the Tobh in terms of flavor, vapor production etc.? The Tobh seems to have a smaller chamber from what i can find so one would think the flavor would be better with the Tobh... and with AFC one can run a number of builds.

slyphex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
USA
Honestly, you cant beat this dripper for the price and everything you get. I thought the same thing cause I have plenty of attys but I figured what the hell. I mean it comes with more then most rda's in the 120$ range, to me thats just sad. And its built like 120$ rda on top of that. I think it would be perfect for somebody like you.

FINE! I BOUGHT ONE! I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW!

Free shipping and 10% off, I spend more on a tank of gasoline.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
You hated your Tobh? Hmm, with the two being almost identical save for the Tobh's adjustable air control... i wonder how you love the Vulcan? (honestly curious not being a smart ... here) In your opinion, how does the Vlucan compare to the Tobh in terms of flavor, vapor production etc.? The Tobh seems to have a smaller chamber from what i can find so one would think the flavor would be better with the Tobh... and with AFC one can run a number of builds.
Your completely right, the vulcan looks huge trust me lol I was worried about that myself but the flavor is amazing, vapor is great. But what I should of said before is the 2 rda's are in totally different classes, to me the tobh is geared towards a cloud chaser and the vulcan is more of a flavor atty. My tobh's always leaked on me and I hated it, to be honest, I grabbed my patriot more than my tobh. But dont get me wrong im not bashing it, for the price you cant beat what you get with that either ya know. It all comes down to what your looking for more. If air flow control is a BIG issue to you then I completely see you picking it over something with fixed air flow like the vulcan. But believe me when I tell you, the air flow on the vulcan is nice, not too much not too little. Of course this is all my opinion so someone else might not feel the same.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
FINE! I BOUGHT ONE! I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW!

Free shipping and 10% off, I spend more on a tank of gasoline.
Im almost positive you wont be disappointed with it. I'll tell you what, if you get it and after a while you decide you dont like it, PM me and ill buy it off you. I wouldn't mind having 2 of these laying around.

CharliesTheMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Louisiana
Thanks for the good feedback, it was detailed and has been quite helpful. I plan to get one of these soon, maybe tomorrow. I have to go home and see what's in the mail box first, sometimes I forget about stuff I bought, buy something, then get home and say "oh crap I forgot (insert random item here) was on the way, screwed up the budget again" lol

Actually the airflow is adjustable by turning the air vents so they are partly blocked by the atomizer sidewalls. I too find them perfect in a wide open position for balanced vapor, temperatue, and Flavor. The sweet spot for me is right at .6 ohm. Those bottom heat sinks worked great when I screwed up and set my mod down without locking the button. I came back about 4 minutes later to find the atty really scorching hot, but the mod was still cool.

Last edited:

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Just got one also... Vapor Venue... $55 plus 25% off...

I think it's top notch... but I need some advice for a single coil set up - mine dries out pretty quickly and I am pretty sure it has something to do with the height of my coil... more or less cotton? anyone have a home run set up in theirs that can share?

Skenzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
West MI
Just got one also... Vapor Venue... $55 plus 25% off...

I think it's top notch... but I need some advice for a single coil set up - mine dries out pretty quickly and I am pretty sure it has something to do with the height of my coil... more or less cotton? anyone have a home run set up in theirs that can share?

Well, I fix that problem in 2 ways.
1) replace cotton with rayon (cellucotton) wicks MUCH better and better flavor. Cotton is so 80's

2) use more. My Quasar had the same issue until I switched to rayon and tucked it under the coils.

Ok, a 3rd option. Use longer coils. They give more surface coverage on the wick and that should help.

The Vulcan, IMO, is a really good rda. However, the Mephisto, CLT, and Quasar have so far done better by me. But I have more builds to try out on my Vulcan and I still have confidence in it. She's a real beauty.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I just got my Vulcan yesterday. First impression: It's big. The Vulcan is even slightly taller than my Viking, which itself is a very tall RDA.
I did a dual coil build on it: 26g kanthal, 5/64 drill bit, 8 wraps each coil. I put a little offset kink on the left side of each coil, in order to get a little more space on the left side. The posts are a bit far apart, sort of like the Tobh. I do like the fact that they are staggered in height, to compensate for the way the wires come off the coil, instead of level, like in most attys. Again, this is Tobh-like. I don't care for the tiny knurled screws. They're too little for my old fingers to get a good grip on. Next time I rebuild, I'll probably change to phillips screws.
Vape wise, it's a real flavor type atty. Not really a cloud chaser atty, although I get adequate clouds from it. At first, I didn't think I was going to like the fact that the natural coil height is so high, in relation to the air inlets. I'm more used to RDAs with low coils, set right in front of the air holes. But for some reason, it works. The air flow seems to be directed up under the coils. Not sure how or why, but it does. The cooling fins seem to be nicely functional too. I have vaped it pretty hard, and the Vulcan itself actually stays cooler than the mechanical mod it's screwed onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread