Introducing... my bottom feeding mod (MyMod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Not worried about super supple. What Paul included is fine, though metal caps would be cool)

But a good Amazon source for some would be nice. Then I could mix/store my future DIY juice in them and more easily refill/switch.

Only one bottle makes changing juice more wasteful as I don't want to pour back into the supply. So for now I'm not filling more than I expect to use in a day or 2 (I change often to not get bored with one)

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Forum rules

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
Not worried about super supple. What Paul included is fine, though metal caps would be cool)

But a good Amazon source for some would be nice. Then I could mix/store my future DIY juice in them and more easily refill/switch.

Only one bottle makes changing juice more wasteful as I don't want to pour back into the supply. So for now I'm not filling more than I expect to use in a day or 2 (I change often to not get bored with one)
don't know how good the source is going to be after the fda lowers the boom, but the vapage bottles seem to be a better fit (snug). you can google vapeage bottles and they will come up. you would have to get your own tubing and drill the hole in the cap.
or maybe paul will sell some of the originals.

b9e5d434387e351e7f4076d4d8580a4a.jpg

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

rudedog

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 4, 2014
    toledo ohio
    wish i had some of them mini fuses,all the ones ive found are mini's but the plastic isnt like the ones in the picture of the mod in the above post.sux,my mod is a paperweight.

add:well it was a tuff surgery but i got all the plastic off a fuse w/o breaking the fuse apart...after ruining 1 though.still need to find the right ones though.im not gonna post a pic cuz im not proud at all of how it looks.but wth it works and has a fuse to blow.

Last edited:
    Reactions: B2L

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2013
    Rocket City
    wish i had some of them mini fuses,all the ones ive found are mini's but the plastic isnt like the ones in the picture of the mod in the above post.sux,my mod is a paperwieght.

Most auto parts stores will have them. And if not they can get them
    You want a Bussmann ATM-10LP (for 10A)
    Bussmann ATM-10LP Bulk Pack VP/ATM-10LP-RP: Advance Auto Parts

http://www.autozone.com/electrical-and-lighting/fuse/bussmann-fuse/850563_452552_0/

Or Littlefuse LMIN10
    Littelfuse Blister Pack LMIN10BP - Low Profile MINI Fuse | O'Reilly Auto Parts

I'm in a small town w/o a parts store, but the nearest of each of those chains is 10-15 miles away and each has them in stock.

Last edited:

rudedog

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 4, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Most auto parts stores will have them. And if not they can get them
    You want a Bussmann ATM-10LP (for 10A)
    Bussmann ATM-10LP Bulk Pack VP/ATM-10LP-RP: Advance Auto Parts

http://www.autozone.com/electrical-and-lighting/fuse/bussmann-fuse/850563_452552_0/

Or Littlefuse LMIN10
    Littelfuse Blister Pack LMIN10BP - Low Profile MINI Fuse | O'Reilly Auto Parts

I'm in a small town w/o a parts store, but the nearest of each of those chains is 10-15 miles away and each has them in stock.

cool man thiers an oreillys a 1/4 mile down the road from me,just hadnt been there yet.thanks!

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 13, 2012
    Batavia, IL
    Sorry I've been away for awhile. This last month has been hectic. My lease ended in July 15th and I can't move in to my new apartment until Aug 12 so I've been just living at random places and things are disorganized. Got a lot of things in my SUV.

I thought someone sent me some PEEK insulators but I never got them. So I will buy them myself and have them shipped out next weekend if it works, plus any other extra/misc parts a few of you have asked for.

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    <<---eagerly awaits insulator!!

(moving sucks)

Sorry I've been away for awhile. This last month has been hectic. My lease ended in July 15th and I can't move in to my new apartment until Aug 12 so I've been just living at random places and things are disorganized. Got a lot of things in my SUV.

I thought someone sent me some PEEK insulators but I never got them. So I will buy them myself and have them shipped out next weekend if it works, plus any other extra/misc parts a few of you have asked for.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2010
    Chicago, Illinois
    So, for the more experienced BF folk.

What bottles/caps will fit this mod?
    I need to order a few spares before I head to Afghanistan.

@paulw2014 what bottle/cap shipped with the mod? When can I get more of them?
    ff01f3f14dbfb02365b777e667cfab85.jpg

Hey dog this vmod bottle works perfectly and has alot of capacity! Seems like there's alot of wasted space with those original bottles. I've tried the Italian bottles don't like them in this mod.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2010
    Chicago, Illinois
    wish i had some of them mini fuses,all the ones ive found are mini's but the plastic isnt like the ones in the picture of the mod in the above post.sux,my mod is a paperweight.

add:well it was a tuff surgery but i got all the plastic off a fuse w/o breaking the fuse apart...after ruining 1 though.still need to find the right ones though.im not gonna post a pic cuz im not proud at all of how it looks.but wth it works and has a fuse to blow.
    e2fa81b2d574d72eff84b537ce1cde58.jpg

91ac8da2f0d375b8628e73bd28f012ea.jpg

I had a problem with the closest side of the screw down tab touching the mod so I started bending that side up a little with 2 sets of pliers to keep it off of the mod... The inner side is isolated in the plastic block. Just an FYI if you keep blowing fuses..... Maybe Paul could comment but if that outside part of the fuse touches it'll short the mod right? It was a fix for me keeping off of the mod not cranking down too hard on that screw and bending it up helped me.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2010
    Chicago, Illinois
    For sure don't crank down on that screw. But no, it won't short anything. That side is supposed to be grounded ;)
    fuse -> screw -> mod body

As for space above the bottle, my center pin sits much lower, like below the top of the magnet.
    Oh gotcha yeah I was going through grommets after a simple lean over drop of the mod so I cut a collar off of a spare part rubber grommet and sat it on top of Paul's clear grommet that's why I think my post sits higher..... Not saying it's a fix because I've only just did this 3 days ago.... But what it seems like it's doing is spreading the extra top collar outwards and down against Paul's clear grommet so there's some give... Working so far.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2013
    Rocket City
    Another kind soul here sent me several bottles so I'm good for a while.
    Great group here. I hope someday I can return the favors/pay them forward.

Oh gotcha yeah I was going through grommets after a simple lean over drop of the mod so I cut a collar off of a spare part rubber grommet and sat it on top of Paul's clear grommet that's why I think my post sits higher.

That would explain why you have so much more room ;)
    I'd not have much tube from the cap to the center pin making that bottle less useful and more difficult to work with. If I ever get the other 510 connector installed I expect I'll have even less room.

The problem with the silicone is when it spits, the hat separates and pushes out allowing the flange on the center post to short.

You extra grommet is preventing the flange from shorting while the original bit jeeps the post from touching the sides. I'm sure that rubber is think and stiff enough to not bush out and let the flange short.

I don't expect it'll fail soon or easily.

The issue has always been that the silicon would cut easily at that lip and is soft enough to be displaced. Lots of other materials would not have that problem

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 13, 2012
    Batavia, IL
    Well it 8/9.

I made a few of my new mod and posted some pics somewhere yesterday and sent it off to a few people I know to sample. That takes care of the FDA deadline, one of the reason why I've been so hectic for the past couple of weeks, along with the moving.

Honestly, I'm going to be pretty busy starting in Fall so I don't think I want to try to sell the new mod on here until early next year. I also prefer to have it "beta tested" more before shipping it to a lot of people. Perhaps later on I will send a few to ECF members to sample as well.

With that out of the way, I do want to resolve all the issues with the Mymod ASAP. I found this PEEK insulator:
    Peek Insulator

It seems to fit 3mm center pin which is what the Mymod has. I just bought a couple and will try it. I'll look around elsewhere too.

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    EAGER to hear if that insulator fits.
    I popped another fuse - and the insulator is not damaged, I just think it's too squishy, and lets the pin move enough to short. That's my theory anyway - and it fits: you get the short when you put a new atty on, or if you tighten an atty (not OVER tight - just MOVING it is causing a short)...

It's a hassle - and a stiff insulator MIGHT just be a 100% fix.

So please let us know if it fits - and how to get a few!!

Well it 8/9.

I made a few of my new mod and posted some pics somewhere yesterday and sent it off to a few people I know to sample. That takes care of the FDA deadline, one of the reason why I've been so hectic for the past couple of weeks, along with the moving.

Honestly, I'm going to be pretty busy starting in Fall so I don't think I want to try to sell the new mod on here until early next year. I also prefer to have it "beta tested" more before shipping it to a lot of people. Perhaps later on I will send a few to ECF members to sample as well.

With that out of the way, I do want to resolve all the issues with the Mymod ASAP. I found this PEEK insulator:
    Peek Insulator

It seems to fit 3mm center pin which is what the Mymod has. I just bought a couple and will try it. I'll look around elsewhere too.

Last edited:

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 13, 2012
    Batavia, IL
    Here's an update:

I played around with fixes for the negative contact, and this is my idea:
    gbO8GR5.jpg

A lot of you already use the spare screw in the extra screw hole to avoid having to trim battery wrappings (good idea). I used that screw to screw down the coil spring that I originally planned on using so the battery would no longer wobble. I also place a few washers in between so the screw can be tightened at a certain height. I then trimmed the coil spring so that it merely creates a small force to avoid battery wobble, but such that when you press the firing button, the battery will still contact the screw (to avoid the voltage drop with the coil spring). Like this:

O88hpR2.jpg

As for PEEK insulators. Some are currently being made for me. The ones I can buy are expensive (at $4 or $5 a pop and aren't guaranteed to fit anyway).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread