Introducing... my bottom feeding mod (MyMod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
I'm done with school. I did well, got a 4.0. Given how much the mod got delayed, at least I got something in return.

They won't close the thread. I'm going to be a lot more active here now. I will post some pics in a few days. Hopefully my mod venture is as successful as my academic endeavor, lol.

Thanks for your patience. I will sell this mod dirty cheap in return for your support and patience. (oh, and the fact that it's a my first mod, so in my eyes it's a beta version).

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Outstanding, Paul!
graduation-cap-throw.gif

I had a feeling that two week ping was decently timed. Gonna use some of that programming experience with a CNC? ;)

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Congratulations! That is an awesome accomplishment. What did you do for yourself to celebrate?

thanks everyone.

It was a lot of work. I celebrated by getting a nice dinner with a few friends. They know about my summer plan and my mod, because I always used it throughout the semester. Vaping sure helps alleviate stress and anxiety, especially before exams. haha.

They are looking forward to it as well.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Thought I should provide an update.

I think last month I showed a drawing of the design. Later, I decided to refine the housing a bit more. Most other parts are done and I'm just waiting on the housing. The housing is really the crux of the mod. The changes I made are mostly cosmetic. You see, once I decided to use a 6 ml bottle rather than the 10 ml, I thought I can minimize the housing around the sides to better suit the smaller bottle. The end result is that the sides now are perfect hemisphere shapes, as can be seen below:

7CZJItl.png

I feel this improves the look of the mod and makes it even more comfortable to hold.

qJAXhQf.png

The housing thickness is still 3mm throughout, which is tough. But to make it even more rigid, I added some "ribs" inside. I actually consulted with professional mechanical engineers in fine tuning the design. The machining process can sometimes deform a part, especially mine with its unique geometry, so I added ribs to be safe. The mod is composed of two halves so even a slight deformation or bend is undesirable. This is especially true for "door" half since it doesn't have much material in the bottom or the top. Added rigidity or toughness never hurts.

That's what I have been doing last week. It's already being made. Again, I made two different versions with minor variations, and this time I even asked them to make them in color (anodized). You already know what bare aluminum looks like and some folks are interested in colored versions.

Pics will definitely be up later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread