Introducing... my bottom feeding mod (MyMod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Some great suggestions. I'm actually beginning to brainstorm my next mod. I know the general gist of the mod that I want to make, it's been a pet project of mine for awhile. Why don't you guys give some suggestions that you would want? Not that every one would be practical, but I think it'll be fun to hear some ideas.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Some great suggestions. I'm actually beginning to brainstorm my next mod. I know the general gist of the mod that I want to make, it's been a pet project of mine for awhile. Why don't you guys give some suggestions that you would want? Not that every one would be practical, but I think it'll be fun to hear some ideas.

the regulated one? if you can have a lock/unlock that is different to the standard quick fire button clicks it'd be good. one reason i don't use them is 3 quick tokes can lock or turn off a mod

Reactions: Nautilusfan

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I think you should focus on getting your first mod out the door, but since you asked...

I'm torn between a good regulated squonker and a high performance mech. An sxj, dual or even single 18650 would be great, but keeping it at a reasonable price (under $200 is reasonable for me) will be a challenge. Also, it seems with regulated you need to jump on the bandwagon quick because chip technology moves so fast devices become obsolete quickly.

I think it's more practical to focus on a good mechanical device. Personally, I would love to see a dual 18650, geared towards high performance and ease of maintenance. I imagine this can be done in something that ends up being no bigger than a Sigeli 150. I would love a switch that doesn't involve intermittent battery contact. Possibly a mosfet, or for pure mech, imagine a copper leaf circuit where the Batts and 510 are in constant contact with the leaf. There is a break in the leaf with a slight overlap and by pressing a button you cause the two offset pieces to touch thereby completing the circuit. This would eliminate all battery arcing and leave only one small area for the user to maintain. I hope what I'm describing makes sense. I can see it in my head, but I don't know if it comes across that well. Bottom line is move the on/off contact away from the battery.

Lastly, I've grown tired of the standard 6ml bottle and decided any new mods I buy should have at least 10ml capacity.

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
I liked your original idea with the electronic module kit. Can't stand not knowing where the batt voltage is.
Maybe be able to use a standard 15ml bottle. I usually keep the same juice in for a long time.
Duel 18650 if it doesn't get to large.
Top fire buttons are ok but I like side fire buttons. Squonk with ring finger, fire with index finger.

Reactions: Yiorgo

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Why do you want a FET in a mech?

I think the ones who want the FET are those who want a side button, and not many buttons can take the current load that some want. Me, I'll take a top button with heavy duty firing mechanism, but I like the idea of the battery staying in contact and the button breaking the firing pin, preventing arcing on the battery itself.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
I think you should focus on getting your first mod out the door, but since you asked...

I'm torn between a good regulated squonker and a high performance mech. An sxj, dual or even single 18650 would be great, but keeping it at a reasonable price (under $200 is reasonable for me) will be a challenge. Also, it seems with regulated you need to jump on the bandwagon quick because chip technology moves so fast devices become obsolete quickly.

I think it's more practical to focus on a good mechanical device. Personally, I would love to see a dual 18650, geared towards high performance and ease of maintenance. I imagine this can be done in something that ends up being no bigger than a Sigeli 150. I would love a switch that doesn't involve intermittent battery contact. Possibly a mosfet, or for pure mech, imagine a copper leaf circuit where the Batts and 510 are in constant contact with the leaf. There is a break in the leaf with a slight overlap and by pressing a button you cause the two offset pieces to touch thereby completing the circuit. This would eliminate all battery arcing and leave only one small area for the user to maintain. I hope what I'm describing makes sense. I can see it in my head, but I don't know if it comes across that well. Bottom line is move the on/off contact away from the battery.

Lastly, I've grown tired of the standard 6ml bottle and decided any new mods I buy should have at least 10ml capacity.

The first mod will be a good device. I've just finished talking with suppliers this week, and it will be produced soon. I did more drop tests over the weekend and it survived fine. The only thing I will change is add a notch on the top for the finger so the door is easier to open. As you saw in the video, the door is held by magnets and opening them would be easier if there is a place to grip the finger.

As for the 2nd mod, I will only actively start designing it after the first one is already being produced. Right now I just want to hear some ideas. Interestingly, I agree with everything you've said I think that's all doable. Unlike the first one, I will not offer it for sale or even announce it until I have everything worked out and it's ready to be shipped. But at the same time, I might be asking for ideas or opinions from time to time to ensure what I make will be well received.

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
paulw2014 said:
The first mod will be a good device. I've just finished talking with suppliers this week, and it will be produced soon. I did more drop tests over the weekend and it survived fine. The only thing I will change is add a notch on the top for the finger so the door is easier to open. As you saw in the video, the door is held by magnets and opening them would be easier if there is a place to grip the finger.

As for the 2nd mod, I will only actively start designing it after the first one is already being produced. Right now I just want to hear some ideas. Interestingly, I agree with everything you've said I think that's all doable. Unlike the first one, I will not offer it for sale or even announce it until I have everything worked out and it's ready to be shipped. But at the same time, I might be asking for ideas or opinions from time to time to ensure what I make will be well received.

Paul,

Do the suppliers have an idea of an eta? Also, were you able to hold to the price from the January list email considering your changes?

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Paul,

Do the suppliers have an idea of an eta? Also, were you able to hold to the price from the January list email considering your changes?

Late Aug is when I expect to start shipping this. Most major parts are machined and do not require any molds, which saves time and initial expense. Using the 6ml bottle rather than 10ml made things easier for me. I need to make sure I get the springs and the center pin in the right material, that's about it for me now.

The old price still stands. I will PM everyone on the list sometime in Aug and give an exact price and ask for color preferences.

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
Late Aug is when I expect to start shipping this. Most major parts are machined and do not require any molds, which saves time and initial expense. Using the 6ml bottle rather than 10ml made things easier for me. I need to make sure I get the springs and the center pin in the right material, that's about it for me now.

The old price still stands. I will PM everyone on the list sometime in Aug and give an exact price and ask for color preferences.

what forms of payment will you accept when the time comes? paypal? money order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread