Introducing... my bottom feeding mod (MyMod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Well that confirms it then. Have to have a direct link to your bank acct or a debit card which is basically the same thing:facepalm:

I really don't like anything having direct access to my accounts. At least with PayPal, I can use various forms of payment and even use my debit card if I want to, but feel there's more protection than with GW. I might be wrong, but I still prefer pp over gw. At least it's slowed me way down from buying in CH's thread.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i use a prepaid debit card to fund PP and all internet purchases. The only thing that has dangerous access to my bank account is HRH and that came as part of the deal.

The entire point of a prepaid card is that i move cash onto it from my bank and if the card is compromised, the most i can lose is the sum i switched over.

T

Thomas Mitchell

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
Manchester, Ohio
i use a prepaid debit card to fund PP and all internet purchases. The only thing that has dangerous access to my bank account is HRH and that came as part of the deal.

The entire point of a prepaid card is that i move cash onto it from my bank and if the card is compromised, the most i can lose is the sum i switched over.

T
I do the same, but I use a checking account setup specificity for online purchases. I move what is needed, then make purchase. That account balance stays at 1 dollar.

With my bank, setting up an account is a click of 2 buttons though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Alright, just kind of surprised there is this risk with Paypal given the fact I've used Paypal to purchase pretty much all my vaping gear so far. Maybe by "tobacco" products they mean the nic juice? Or would hardware be included as well? For example, I used to see no-nic juice for sale on Ebay before, but never juice that has nicotine. There are plenty of e cig hardware on Ebay that are mostly purchased with Paypal, and as far as I know, plenty of other mod makers use Paypal primarily too.

I just looked the Paypal Acceptable Use Policy and it states that e cigs are really banned, it just need pre-approval.
Service Requiring Pre-Approval:
Providing file sharing services or access to newsgroups; or selling alcoholic beverages, non-cigarette tobacco products, e-cigarettes or prescription drugs/devices.

So I think we are fine.

Thomas Mitchell

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
Manchester, Ohio
Just make sure no payments go through as FF and it should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As RobbieVape says, the problem usually arises when there are a inordinate amount of FF transactions. Paypal is fine to use, I personally prefer google wallet. BUT if you tell me to wrap the money around a rock with a rubber band and throw it in your general direction, as long as I get my mod, I'll do whatever you want me to do. :)

Thomas Mitchell

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
Manchester, Ohio
For some reason I don't see any pictures of this mod. 1st page says pictures no longer exist?
With all the changes from the initial prototype those pictures were out dated. There's a video a page or 2 back though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: rudy4653

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Great! Thank you. Looks great especially at $100 price point!
Still looking at late August? Is there a long wait period once you go into production?

Yeah, still looking at late August. There won't be a long wait period.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Alright, just kind of surprised there is this risk with Paypal given the fact I've used Paypal to purchase pretty much all my vaping gear so far. Maybe by "tobacco" products they mean the nic juice? Or would hardware be included as well? For example, I used to see no-nic juice for sale on Ebay before, but never juice that has nicotine. There are plenty of e cig hardware on Ebay that are mostly purchased with Paypal, and as far as I know, plenty of other mod makers use Paypal primarily too.

I just looked the Paypal Acceptable Use Policy and it states that e cigs are really banned, it just need pre-approval.
Service Requiring Pre-Approval:
Providing file sharing services or access to newsgroups; or selling alcoholic beverages, non-cigarette tobacco products, e-cigarettes or prescription drugs/devices.

So I think we are fine.
Famous last words......

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
Famous last words......
@paulw2014 please heed what Chowderhead1972 is saying. he recently had issues with them and has since chosen different paths to receive payments.

personally, i would love to be able to use pp, BUT i think using them is too risky, regardless of their pre-approval. is there a followup statement in their rules that says something to the effect that *these rules are subject to change at any time*?

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
Late Aug is when I expect to start shipping this. Most major parts are machined and do not require any molds, which saves time and initial expense. Using the 6ml bottle rather than 10ml made things easier for me. I need to make sure I get the springs and the center pin in the right material, that's about it for me now.

The old price still stands. I will PM everyone on the list sometime in Aug and give an exact price and ask for color preferences.

been a while since I spoke to you Paul,looks like its coming along.idk if you have my email still but if not pm me and I can get back to you one way or another.-Rick

Reactions: element77

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
@paulw2014 please heed what Chowderhead1972 is saying. he recently had issues with them and has since chosen different paths to receive payments.

personally, i would love to be able to use pp, BUT i think using them is too risky, regardless of their pre-approval. is there a followup statement in their rules that says something to the effect that *these rules are subject to change at any time*?

let me talk to paypal and get some clarifications. I'll definitely get this sorted out soon. thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread