Introducing... my bottom feeding mod (MyMod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Nice bonus for sure.
I figure since most of the effort went into designing the thing, and the marginal cost for spare parts is low, I can provide it with the mod. Not only will you have spare parts on hand, but let's say you want to get a 2nd mod (in a different color maybe), I can provide you with just the housing (for a lower cost of course) and you can easily put it together yourself (as an option). The mod is highly modular so this can be done.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Recently I've been slammed with a bunch of other stuff, career fairs, job search, ect.

The parts are being made by multiple suppliers. The housings are almost done, but some miscellaneous parts like the SS center pin and beryllium copper spring are made by different places and it got a late start. Furthermore, the Tygon tube I ordered from Cole Parmer is too stiff and I need to find a softer juice tube. (If you know of a good source, let me know). So far, I got the bottles ready and drilled, along with the O-rings. Nice match. I have 200 units made for the first batch, and assembly will take couple of days once all the parts arrive. Granted the assembly process is easy but 200 units is still going to take a couple of days.

As for time frame, I want to say end of the month but I would hate to tell you end of the month and have it not ready by then. I've pushed back the time frame a couple of times already and don't want to do that anymore. So I'm going to be conservative and say a month from now, as I'll be 99% certain it'll be ready then, taken into account of all various factors. Of course, once I get an update in the meantime I'll let you guys know. If you have any questions, you can always PM me, I get notified whenever I get a PM and I'm quick in reply those.

kkiet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2015
Milwaukee, Wi
Recently I've been slammed with a bunch of other stuff, career fairs, job search, ect.

The parts are being made by multiple suppliers. The housings are almost done, but some miscellaneous parts like the SS center pin and beryllium copper spring are made by different places and it got a late start. Furthermore, the Tygon tube I ordered from Cole Parmer is too stiff and I need to find a softer juice tube. (If you know of a good source, let me know). So far, I got the bottles ready and drilled, along with the O-rings. Nice match. I have 200 units made for the first batch, and assembly will take couple of days once all the parts arrive. Granted the assembly process is easy but 200 units is still going to take a couple of days.

As for time frame, I want to say end of the month but I would hate to tell you end of the month and have it not ready by then. I've pushed back the time frame a couple of times already and don't want to do that anymore. So I'm going to be conservative and say a month from now, as I'll be 99% certain it'll be ready then, taken into account of all various factors. Of course, once I get an update in the meantime I'll let you guys know. If you have any questions, you can always PM me, I get notified whenever I get a PM and I'm quick in reply those.
Thanks for letting us know what is going on.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Thanks for the information on the tubes.

Making profit is not my priority for this mod, that's why I'm giving away spare parts. I'm more interested in the experience so I can design a more advanced mod next year, and hopefully that does well and I can put it on my long term resume. haha

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Hey Paul when you start looking at you next mod a VW or TC mod would be nice. I have been searching for one with an SX 350J TC chip that I thought was worth the money. It is only my opinion but I haven't bought one yet and I really want one.

I Am looking for:
Nice design
VW/TC
Reasonable price

I own both the SX and DNA chips and for me the SX chip is preferred. That's if you ever decide to build another mod ;)

Still locking forward to the blue MyMod

Any luck on the job search? We are in the same town, if you don't mind me asking what type of work are you looking for and in what industry?

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Operational Efficiencies, I'm the PITA they bring around a the same time they start talking about "change management". ;)

Since were in the same general area I thought I would ask in case I hear of an opportunity that may line up.

Good luck on the interviews!

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Operational Efficiencies, I'm the PITA they bring around a the same time they start talking about "change management". ;)

Since were in the same general area I thought I would ask in case I hear of an opportunity that may line up.

Good luck on the interviews!

ITIL, perchance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread