Introducing... my bottom feeding mod (MyMod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
What do you guys do when the bottle gets low? Do you vape till the end or do you refill? I find it harder to squonk when the bottle gets low and just refill. But I can do this only a few times because the juice will get darker and darker, and eventually I have to discard the really dark juice and start afresh. For me, the darkened juice doesn't taste as well as fresh. Maybe I just have to dry burn/change cotton/change coil more often?

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What kind of bottle are you using? Really does make a difference how low you can get the bottle. I believe a fair number of us have gone to the soft Italian bottles in part for the ease of push and the ability to nearly empty the bottle without issue.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
What kind of bottle are you using? Really does make a difference how low you can get the bottle. I believe a fair number of us have gone to the soft Italian bottles in part for the ease of push and the ability to nearly empty the bottle without issue.

Yup, this :thumb:

With the old school bottles it was top off when I got below half. With the fancy Italian bottles I can get down to almost empty with no problem.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
What do you guys do when the bottle gets low? Do you vape till the end or do you refill? I find it harder to squonk when the bottle gets low and just refill. But I can do this only a few times because the juice will get darker and darker, and eventually I have to discard the really dark juice and start afresh. For me, the darkened juice doesn't taste as well as fresh. Maybe I just have to dry burn/change cotton/change coil more often?
i phone my father and ask him to make a 5000 mile trip in his new cruise liner to refill it - dad, the bottle is harder to get liquid from as the level drops.

No .....

T

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Juice in the bottle getting darker is from going up to the wick, then back down into the bottle - so how quickly that occurs depends on a bunch of factors:
- the design and squonk of the atty - does it fill really high then drain back every time, or can you squonk it "just enough" for a few hits, without so much drain-back? Also, does it drain back FAST, or is juice continuing to drain back after getting heated?
- the wicking and juice also can impact this

Usually, I refill my bottle when it's down to like 25% or so. And with most of my setups, It stays pretty similar in color for 6-10 refills, sometimes more.

I've learned that If I "scorch" the wick - where I ALMOST get a dry hit? That often contributes to some darkened juice getting back down into the bottle, and I'll plan to change the wick and rinse/clear the bottle next time it's low...

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I bought the new bottles not paying attention to the mls it holds ...... Not sure if we're talking about the same bottles I bought mine from reosmods and I'm not happy with them they could be wider and definitely taller..... I guess Rob likes the universal aspect fitting the mini to the Grand..... Im going back to my drilled cap vmod bottles.... Soft enough for me....rob confuses me sometimes, there's a lot of empty space in width and height. Imo.

And I bought a pack 5.... Oh well, if I ever sell my Reos, I'll include a fresh softy.
1560b9d0176a67cbabd725fd2e7ef2f4.jpg

Reactions: Slots

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I bought the new bottles not paying attention to the mls it holds ...... Not sure if we're talking about the same bottles I bought mine from reosmods and I'm not happy with them they could be wider and definitely taller..... I guess Rob likes the universal aspect fitting the mini to the Grand..... Im going back to my drilled cap vmod bottles.... Soft enough for me....rob confuses me sometimes, there's a lot of empty space in width and height. Imo.

And I bought a pack 5.... Oh well, if I ever sell my Reos, I'll include a fresh softy.
    Does that Grand, not have the battery/bottle divider?
    Or is the camera angle not showing it?

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member

Yep it's the same bottle. Imported from Italy....goes by several different names ;)
    I've been running mine since last fall. I was using the vapage bottles and really wasn't having any issues except the ease of squonk. Vapage was better than the standard reo bottle but I was looking for some easier to push.
    I'm willing to sacrifice the 1.5ml capacity for the softness and the indestructible SS cap.
    As far as wasted bottle space when used in a reo....well... You have to remember that they were designed to fit in the smaller European mods and not for a reo. Robs just retailing them

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2013
    Rocket City
    i've said before that harm reduction is a noble goal.

I'm not personally concerned with that aspect either.

I'm not particularly risk averse, and the risk is over blown due to bad "science"

Same reason I eat butter, drink whole milk, eat meat and all the other things the same bad "science" have called bad only to reverse later.

It's not necessary to stop using nicotine, because nicotine is not particularly dangerous.

No worse than caffeine as far as I can find. Not dependency forming either, unlike caffeine.

Of course that's side notes from studies of nicotine as treatment for other conditions.

I find no studies of nicotine's effects separate from tobacco smoke.
    It's my understanding that Nic actually has some benefits to aid cognitive functioning abilities
    And many other effects. I stick with NETs for the minor alkaloids thar have far more important effects for me,

Much as caffeine has been a self medication for hyper activity for 40 years.

Both help me focus on tasks. Turns out it's a common situation among engineers and programmers.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2010
    Chicago, Illinois
    Hey does anyone have the new velocity mini v2 does it come with a b/f pin and is it any good?? I like a restricted lung hit.....I'm really curious if it leaks and how bad..? Does liquid come out of the AFC face... eyes and mouth or..... is it leak free?

No need to reply SUPERTRUCKER unless you can be helpful ... Lol jk.... no seriously lol.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2010
    Chicago, Illinois
    Its available it's waiting for me at my B&M.... Just wondering about it.... It looks really good... Got good reviews ....the top cap locks in now (edit: locked in feature ISN'T NEW) .... I didn't even consider the original because I thought it was too big, too much volume = loss of flavor...... but this mini looks perfect if it doesn't leak..... Is there some sort of ledge inside that prevents it from leaking because the main horizontal slot/ afc is traditionally right in front of the coils... So I dunno just curious.
    The one I have on hold for me is A TOBECO VELOCITY MINI .... IS IT A LEAKER??

Last edited:
    Reactions: Slots
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread