Status
Not open for further replies.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
That new design will not allow both IBTanked "AGA-T" tanks to fit I think. They are different glass thicknesses and this grommet is for a given size.

Eric, Is this "upgrade" an option or a no choice replacement?

This is the new version, I have no say in the matter (yet) but I do not see a fundamental change here I think (but not sure because I didn't check) that the orings will still work, so if I get some from them I will test it out. Or if I get a return.

unfortunately I gave away all the parts I had for people who lost them or needed a spare something.. so like an idiot I do not have the original two. This is what I get for helping sometimes :(

I will ask them what options I have and see if I can get a mix or if that is even needed.
I apologize for not being 100% on this stuff, I am maxed out time wise :(

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
ERik will these new upgraded glass tanks and grommets fit the last AGA -T looks like they will as i kinda doubt they would have changed the stainless base and top.
If so will you get a supply of them so we can upgrade them to newer setup .

The size is the same, it should fit all of the AGA's like the plastic does and the "original" glass.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
I was asked by the maker of the wick to post this for feedback..

How many people can open up the wick holes in their devices to 7/64 or 1/8”.
so just kind of a poll, not sure what the meaning is.

also
I have tracking on 33 packs of 3/32 ceramic wicks Not sure of date it has not been updated yet, they went out today.
Maybe Saturday, not 100% sure.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
This is the new version, I have no say in the matter (yet) but I do not see a fundamental change here I think (but not sure because I didn't check) that the orings will still work, so if I get some from them I will test it out. Or if I get a return.

unfortunately I gave away all the parts I had for people who lost them or needed a spare something.. so like an idiot I do not have the original two. This is what I get for helping sometimes :(

I will ask them what options I have and see if I can get a mix or if that is even needed.
I apologize for not being 100% on this stuff, I am maxed out time wise :(

Eric,
I'm good for now, I was just curious for future purchases if the grommet style would accept both tanks (2 different glass thicknesses) from IBTanked. From your picture the grommet looks to be sized for a given tank thickness and a thicker one may not sit in the grove. It might, but nobody has crossed that bridge yet so time will tell.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
I received the new AGA-T+ in today, yet another version.

This one has the 1.2mm airhole, so slightly larger and it has new grommets with lips instead of just orings to sit the plastic/glass on.
That said, the new grommet makes it mute because it has a lip that goes on the outside of the glass/plastic and seals it.

Ok so pictures:

DiscountVapers.com_AGA_Tiamat_new_parts__83642.1360712848.1280.1280.jpg

DiscountVapers.com_AGA_Tiamat_newold__93491.1360712895.1280.1280.jpg

Grommet on the top
DiscountVapers.com_AGA_Tiamat_newGasket__21006.1360712849.1280.1280.jpg

Grommet installed on both sides:
DiscountVapers.com_AGA_Tiamat_newGasket2__24515.1360712851.1280.1280.jpg

Eric say the AGA-T+ is upgraded. Do you know if purchasing an AGA-T2 would come with the same "upgrade or ship with original cap and o-rings?

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Can we buy just the upgraded tank and the upgraded grommets as spares for our AGA's ?

I am working on the answers, it seems they are now putting out three of them which is annoying.
to answer your question directly though, yes...I am getting spare grommets, if I had known the new one would come with them I would have bought them already.

for the forseeable future I am going to just buy the AGA-t+ and skip the one with the glass installed, glass seems to be a sore spot with them, I would rather give out free companion glass with a premade plastic tube unit than send a potentially leaky aga-T2
From what I know (and this may change) the new versions will all be with the grommet, but I am confirming this.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Actually I don't think the tank is grooved, just the grommet that has the inner lip. I looked back at the photo and realized that by cutting that inner lip off of the grommet, a thick walled IBTanked stock AGA-T will fit. Tank seal is still accomplished through compression of the grommet so easily modded.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Ehuman thanks i see what you mean now. I was looking at the pictures of the revised tank and the top rim looked grooved for the lip of the grommet to go into but now looking again its just shiny and looks that way and the innner lip of grommet actually goes inside the tank then once screwd all together like you mention compression tightens the seal to hopefully not leak.

Look forward to the grommets as spares when they go up on Erics website to try them out .
Thanks guys. ; )

Coppercustomz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
NC Coast
www.numbejuice.com
I was asked by the maker of the wick to post this for feedback..

How many people can open up the wick holes in their devices to 7/64 or 1/8”.
so just kind of a poll, not sure what the meaning is.

also
I have tracking on 33 packs of 3/32 ceramic wicks Not sure of date it has not been updated yet, they went out today.
Maybe Saturday, not 100% sure.

Well I have managed to break two cobalt bits trying to drill out the 1/8th hole with lube & a drill press:facepalm: Bent the whole piece "had it clamped down to tight" still didn't get the hole drilled out completely....Time to order another one from ya & I will leave the new one as is...Guess I wont be trying out the 1/8 ceramic on the aga anytime soon:p BTW your shipping is top notch:D

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Well I have managed to break two cobalt bits trying to drill out the 1/8th hole with lube & a drill press:facepalm: Bent the whole piece "had it clamped down to tight" still didn't get the hole drilled out completely....Time to order another one from ya & I will leave the new one as is..
Is that the T2?

The T, with a larger wick hole to start with was pretty easy for me to drill out with some cheap bit and a hand drill.

The 1/8" bit even went in from the top part way. And the whole time I was putting pressure towards the center to keep it from the o-ring.

AGA_hole_only.jpg

My hole ended up a tad over 1/8". FWIW the T seems like a better choice over the T2.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Well I have managed to break two cobalt bits trying to drill out the 1/8th hole with lube & a drill press:facepalm: Bent the whole piece "had it clamped down to tight" still didn't get the hole drilled out completely....Time to order another one from ya & I will leave the new one as is...Guess I wont be trying out the 1/8 ceramic on the aga anytime soon:p BTW your shipping is top notch:D

I broke a bit on my first attempt with the drill press. Afterward I used the pecking technique to remove a little stock at a time. It is always a good idea to take stock off slowly with ss, since it is so hard. After you get the hole made you can ream it with the bit for a smooth and slightly larger hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread