Introducing the AGA - Hydra and the AGA - Tiamat Rebuildable Atomizer Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Vandyke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Ohio
Victor they will get it right sooner or later , people complained about the Zmax and its inaccurate settings and weeks later they recalibrate the board to RMS. Another Asian co did the same and went further to put in a OLED instead of the LED display but in the mean time its good that there coming out with different stuff cause were all different so something for everyone and folks can stay off them coffin nails.
Funny you said that about filling the hole with JB weld, i had bought a used DID an original and knew it was coming to me with a huge 2.5 mm airhole got a good deal on it, then ordered a 1 mm airhole cap outta Greece but in the mean time i JB welded the hole and redrilled to 1mm and it works great.
Just don't like the look of the gray against the stainless thats just me and will keep that cap in reserve once the other arrives as im old and and have CRS. ; )

How many Stars for Eric for making all these different things available ? *****

Can't Remember Stuff ?? LOL, I hear ya' :)

Hey, I'm with you there on the looks of a filled hole. Not perfect, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do :). With you on the DID hole too! When I saw that MMV had the 1mm cap accessory I sent them an email and asked if they would assemble one for me with the 1mm cap instead of their standard big-hole cap for the same cost. I was quite pleased when they said "of course we will". I see they now list the 1mm intake as a standard option on the DIDs. (I also said that if they could find a way do the same for the Mini/Gemini I would add one of those on to my DID order, unfortunately the answer there was "sorry, we can't"...) I do like small chambers as well... (more air = more air) ;) I've got nice working Gennys around me but vaping on a tiny meshed-up Phoenix chalice as we speak... Great for frequent flavor changes.

BTW, anyone in this thread that's looking for build tips might also want to check Eric's "Introducing the Griffin..." thread. A lot of points that will still apply to these newer AGAs have already been covered there.

Last edited:

Jourelem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
mira loma, CA.
There they are folks, the hydra and tiamat. Looks great!

Attachments

• IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0071.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 163

Blakd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas TX
So I received my AGA Tiamat today, and began the testing of it. After setting up a 2.1Ohm coil with the silicone wick that came with this I have found only 1 issue I can see right now.

The only issue I have found so far is that as stated on the discount vapors site, the size of the air hole is inadequate to get a good strong draw off of this tank. This is not a major drawback as the hole can be drilled to a larger diameter with a little know how.

With the bad out of the way, I will say that this thing does give good strong flavor, pretty big cloud with a long steady enough draw, and good build quality. I am impressed to find a device at this price that is easy enough to work with if you have the right equipment, and has this good hefty feel and great construction. I am glad I ordered this RBA.

Last edited:

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
I'm having a super-duh moment, I can't even get my tiamat apart. I got the top off just fine, and the first nut comes off the center post, but the others will not, the center post just spins around when I try to turn the nuts. I guess I could just coil the wick, but I kind of wanted to wash it all out first?

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
Zooker take some needle nose pliers wrap tips with something soft take hold the top of the center post then use another set of needle nose or tweezers to loosing the other nuts. Sorry pic came out to small.

See now why didn't I think of that! Thanks I will try that!

alpman

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
NorCal
I received my AGA Tiamat yesterday. I got it up and running today. SS wick & 2.2 Ohm coil. I used the large o-ring that came in the package between the tank and top cap to be able to align the hole with the wick. All I can say is WOW! It outperforms everything I have, including my DID clone and looks incredible on all of my mods!! My new SS Telescope arrives Monday, which I will outfit with 4.8V NiMH batts and will finish the look. Thanks to DV for bringing this great tank to market at such an affordable price. I will definately be buying more...:thumbs::thumbs:

Tiamat.jpg Tiamat II.jpg

Got my SS Tele in today. And here she is, in all her glory...

Tiamat III.jpg

Looks awesome and billowing clouds with a 4.8V NiMH batt, but way too top heavy to stand on end and a little cumbersome to hold and fire due to the weight too. Time for a 26650 mod!

Last edited:

Victor Vandyke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Ohio
Zooker take some needle nose pliers wrap tips with something soft take hold the top of the center post then use another set of needle nose or tweezers to loosing the other nuts. Sorry pic came out to small.

Complete with useful illustration. Quite a nice job of helping out a bro in need. Five ***** stars for you m8.

Last edited:

Victor Vandyke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Ohio
I received my AGA Tiamat yesterday. I got it up and running today. SS wick & 2.2 Ohm coil. I used the large o-ring that came in the package between the tank and top cap to be able to align the hole with the wick. All I can say is WOW! It outperforms everything I have, including my DID clone and looks incredible on all of my mods!! My new SS Telescope arrives Monday, which I will outfit with 4.8V NiMH batts and will finish the look. Thanks to DV for bringing this great tank to market at such an affordable price. I will definately be buying more...:thumbs::thumbs:

View attachment 146533 View attachment 146535

The tank adapter added to your metal/silver ego-T 18650 makes this AGA-T look absolutely wasp-waisted retro-futuristic... Nice touch! That's one great looking/performing Genny mod for such an affordable cost!!

Last edited:

alpman

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
NorCal
I'm rockin 5V on the Tiamat with my Tele, but just ordered a Bombshell Stinger from Hotvapes and a Kick to boot. The Tiamat is just too top heavy for nearly all of my mods except the ego T Mod but I really like higher voltages on my Gennys. The Stinger/Kick combo should fit the bill nicely. I have far too many PV's now, time to start selling them off...

alpman

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
NorCal
Just got my Tiamat today around 10:30am I got it all washed and set up about 20 min ago. SS mesh 400 wick 3.3 ohm coil I am using 32 g kanthal 6/7 wrap. I torched the wick 6x & VG burn 3x its working like its broke in great taste BIG vapor running at 5v. I can't believe I only paid $29.99 you rock Eric.

How did the air hole line up on yours? Did you need the o-ring?? I found that the large o-ring was a little too thick and was difficult to keep in the gap. I used the small o-ring and stretched it to fit. Now it's perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread