Status
Not open for further replies.

foggdawg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
SF Bay Area
Ordered my AGA-T Tuesday morning as I watched the numbers dwindle. My order shipped out the same day. I received it today. Across country in 2 days....very impressed. I'm using ss mesh and this baby is vaping great. I have the hydra and the griffin. I must say, even though the aga-T is a bit heavy and bigger than the other rba units, I am liking the ease of wrapping the coil and the great vapor. Only thing the air hole was too small which made the draw too tight. Took care of that with a 1/16 bit. Great unit. Seems like everytime I go to the site there is something new. It's great that you stay on top of new products and put them up on the site as fast as you do.:vapor:
Thanks Eric.....Keep'em comin!!!:toast:

I just got my AGA Tiamat the other day and I am impressed. I too thought the draw was a bit tight, so I bored it a touch bigger with a 1/16 drill bit. I haven't sanded the top down yet for the simple reason that I've heard it was possible to make a double wick for it using the existing wick hole and the fill hole. Has anyone had success in doing this? If so, show pics please.

2012-11-07_18-40-14_202.jpg

AGA Tiamat next to Vision Eternity
2012-11-07_20-02-35_844.jpg

mrgoodwrench2u

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Toledo, Ohio . U.S.A.
I'm sorry but if the airhole does not line up with the wick when the cap is screwed on tightly, this is a serious manufacturing flaw. I expect this to line up with a Genesis atty. If it doesnt, it shows that this product is of low quality imho.

I could see it if you paid $100.00 or more like the real nice Greece or U.S.A. or a high end manufacturer , but it's a cheap China rebuildable atomizer with a tank ! And that's why you bought it , because of the price and you will sacrifice some quality. However you are right , but for $30.00 it's a awesome deal !!!

To adjust the air hole you can sand the top cap down on the bottom were it screws down with sand paper on something flat a little at a time , taking some material off the bottom of the top cap till the hole lines up , but the o-ring seals it anyway in this design which is nice.

Just my :2c: , take no offence please ! :thumbs: :vapor:

foggdawg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
SF Bay Area
I'm sorry but if the airhole does not line up with the wick when the cap is screwed on tightly, this is a serious manufacturing flaw. I expect this to line up with a Genesis atty. If it doesnt, it shows that this product is of low quality imho.

I think it was said earlier in this thread that this unit is able to be used in a variety of different wick and mesh configurations. Therefore, the airhole would not line up with one wick hole. I have no problem with it using my ss mesh. Because of the o-ring on the top, I can screw the top cap down to a point that the airhole lines up with the mesh perfectly.

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London
I think it was said earlier in this thread that this unit is able to be used in a variety of different wick and mesh configurations. Therefore, the airhole would not line up with one wick hole. I have no problem with it using my ss mesh. Because of the o-ring on the top, I can screw the top cap down to a point that the airhole lines up with the mesh perfectly.

Fair enough. But why not manufacture this so the default is the most obvious? IE air hole over the wick when tight?

It's because the manufacturer of these items don't really understand the Genesis concept and are simply churning out clones.

asha23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
London
I could see it if you paid $100.00 or more like the real nice Greece or U.S.A. or a high end manufacturer , but it's a cheap China rebuildable atomizer with a tank ! And that's why you bought it , because of the price and you will sacrifice some quality. However you are right , but for $30.00 it's a awesome deal !!!

To adjust the air hole you can sand the top cap down on the bottom were it screws down with sand paper on something flat a little at a time , taking some material off the bottom of the top cap till the hole lines up , but the o-ring seals it anyway in this design which is nice.

Just my :2c: , take no offence please ! :thumbs: :vapor:

No offence taken mate!!!
I don't see why paying less money should equal completely ignoring the fundamentals of Genesis design. Plus. Why should I want to mod a mod? If something doesn't work correctly out of the box, then it's broken IMHO.

Trouble is. People keep buying this stuff, it never gets better. I for one would simply return it if the air hole didn't line up.. If people did this (no pun intended). Then the manufacturers would put more effort into getting the design right.

This is just my opinion.. I love that you can get cheap Gennies. But many noobs will not know about the air hole issue. This is hindering, not helping.. The learning curve with Gens is steep enough in the first place.

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I have a couple of these I'm currently using. They are nice! Built like a tank. Oh wait...they are a tank. Should have said Army tank. IMO, the air hole in the cap is a little small, making the draw a little tight. I've drilled mine out with a 1/16" drill, and they vape great.

Last edited:

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
No offence taken mate!!!
I don't see why paying less money should equal completely ignoring the fundamentals of Genesis design. Plus. Why should I want to mod a mod? If something doesn't work correctly out of the box, then it's broken IMHO.

Trouble is. People keep buying this stuff, it never gets better. I for one would simply return it if the air hole didn't line up.. If people did this (no pun intended). Then the manufacturers would put more effort into getting the design right.

This is just my opinion.. I love that you can get cheap Gennies. But many noobs will not know about the air hole issue. This is hindering, not helping.. The learning curve with Gens is steep enough in the first place.

I am about to post something in the next post (not this one) and I do not want you to take it personal, it is NOT directed toward you, some of it was brought up by you, but you are not the focus of the post, but I do want to address what you've said before I post that.

It HAS gotten better, no offense meant and I can't really put this any more delicately but over the last year or so we have seen improvements to the clearomizers (removable coils in many resistances), batteries with Variable Voltage (and now variable watt) and Rebuildable atomizers, if you are not thinking it's getting better, you are either laser focused or not paying attention.

Please forgive me on that statement I truly mean no malice just can't find the words to say it without sounding like a jerk :(

Also consider what is good for you is not always good for everyone, we all have different likes and dislikes, one can always get a genisis original. These are alternatives, good or bad, it's an alternative and the original is still available.

Instead of being slightly annoyed with the Chinese you should be happy they've moved into this arena.. they will get there but nothing is done right the first time. :)

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
I am going to insert my view here because I think it's important that this thread doesn't get derailed by opinion on air hole locations and air hole sizes. Or discourage someone from trying a rebuildable because of it.

This is not directed at any one person, I have seen this concern and talk of it all over ECF, so this is just me addressing it before this thread turns into a free for all.

1. The Holes on these items not being lined up to the wick is not a manufacturing flaw and the item is certainly not defective.

I am not saying the opinion isn't valid because it is, what I am saying is that the air hole location does not make it "defective".
I have used both, one with it lined up and without, I have used both stainless mesh and wick. I see a slight difference, the other way. LD thinks it's hugely important for the hole to line up, with all respect to him and I do highly value his opinion, I don't agree.
He recently made me some ss wicks because I was having problems and I've had a chance to try it several ways. I actually think more air mingled with the direct vapor is slightly more pleasant rather than directly sucking the vapor from the coil (not sure if that is what actually happens, but still)

Perhaps this is because I am not a sophisticated vaper, I do not know, but in my experience the location of the air hole made little difference to me. If this is not something you would enjoy using, obviously do not buy it. I have communicated the concerns of the air hole to the manufacturer and I am sure they will address it (hopefully) but again, I do not feel this is a defect. It's just an area of improvement and one that does not affect everyone the same way.

I have literally 100+ emails on these telling me how fantastic they are and not going back to cartos, so clearly a lot of people love them as they are. They may not be sophisticated enough to see or desire a difference, but to a regular vaper like myself, it makes no real difference whatsoever.

This is why I say it is not a flaw, not to discount someones valid concern, but to point out that it is not defective. What we should be talking about is that this 30.00 device is not exactly comparable to the 100+ device. Now that is a valid argument. The originals are clearly a better option if you have the money. I am not at all interested in selling $100 devices, my interest is and always will be to get the best I can get for the lowest price possible.

Comparing a $30 device to a $100 device and calling it defective because it doesn't exactly match up is not really a valid comparison.

2. The size of the air hole does make a difference, bit is also not a flaw.
However, some like them small, other do not, I will no longer tell a manufacturer to make a hole bigger. I did that with the Griffin and now I have many people asking for the smaller hole. What I will do going forward is ask for top caps to be made with both.

3. These are built in China.
and are a third or less of the cost of a professional making them.
they are not done by hand by a professional with precise quality in mind, the Chinese do not understand many of the things they build and do not have the equipment or manufacturing prowess to make these the way they are made by the professionals.

The Chinese would never be featured on "How it's Made" :)

We are paying 30.00 for stainless parts that come off lines, meaning they tap the tops and they drop into a bin, then they are drilled for the airhole. They are not lined up to the start point and drilled in the same spot. This would require attention to detail or automation neither of which they have. It's all done by hand by people stuck in crappy conditions. I've been to a few China factories (not for this business but years back for something else) The holes on the griffin, the Hydra and Tiamat are not all in the same exact location. Could they do it? sure, will they, maybe.

I have read the comment of "if we don't buy them it will force them to make it better" more than a few times on ecf.

As far as forcing their hand and not buying them, that isn't going to happen.
these are now everywhere and they are all starting to make them, I am out of the Tiamat and I get 10+ emails a day asking to preorder or when are they coming back. They are selling them as fast as they can make them and I am not going to sit on the sidelines demanding a change. I would if they were defective, but they are not. From a business standpoint I also cannot allow myself to make a stand for something I am not completely on board with.

All I can promise is that I will relay the concerns of the community along to them and hope that they make the proper changes. If they make the change and start selling more because of that, all the rest of the manufacturers will fall in line. That is all we can hope for. If they see a value in it or a leg up on the competition they will do it.

Bottom Line:
I am not belittling anyone's concern or their opinions, I hear them and relay them, please feel free to voice an opinion, heck, make it a strong opinion, tell everyone you'd never buy it and why, but please refrain from specifically saying it's broken, defective or otherwise not working.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Eirc i understand where you are coming from trying to bring an inexpensive decent product for vapors and you are one of the good guys that tries and help folks .
As for me i wont say these genesis coming out of China are broken but i can say in my humble opinion there not set to being "optimum" with airhole placement.

I mentioned this in an earlier thread somewhere on ECF that the folks in China sooner or later will get it right as they do listen, many wanted stainless instead of chrome over brass/ copper for various reason and sure enough there making some in stainless and clear tanks as well .
I'm thinking in time they will also do the same with the airhole placement.

Did i buy the Griffin you bet and first thing i did was get its caps airhole to line up to be optimum not because it was broke.
If one takes off the cap and fires it watch the vapor, then fire it again and blow gently from behind it as if the airhole was lined up with it when the cap is on and watch how much more the vapor increases in a sense its like stoking a fire.

The airhole size effects that stoking of the fire also along with smoothing out the vape as in a large airhole.
Personally the 1mm is perfect for me as were all different. ; )

Notice i did not say it's broke, defective or not working its neither of those its just not at its optimum but i think in time they might be .
As a note i own the versions from China and the original type's.

Last edited:

mrgoodwrench2u

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Toledo, Ohio . U.S.A.
Eric Quote ; 2. The size of the air hole does make a difference, bit is also not a flaw.
However, some like them small, other do not, I will no longer tell a manufacturer to make a hole bigger. I did that with the Griffin and now I have many people asking for the smaller hole. What I will do going forward is ask for top caps to be made with both.
======================================================================================

Yes as I bought the Griffin the first one that you sold and I love it the small air hole and all 1.0mm. However then you sold them with clear tubes and a bigger air hole 1.5mm , and you can get the parts separately.
So I got the clear tank and the cap with the larger air hole 1.5mm and I find that the bigger hole is too much air for me and I like the original 1,0mm size hole.

And the same with the AGA Tiamat , the air hole size is perfect for me. So the conclusion is everone is different and you can't please all people all the time.

I adjust the air hole to line up for taste , vapor and throat hit, sometimes I like it far away from the wick to smooth it out , as each juice is differant also ! And depending on your wick configuration , weather ss mesh or nextel-ceramic or silica or dual coils to were the air hole placement would be . Because the AGA Tiamat is so versatile with many options !! The o-ring seals the cap anyway!!

I think the AGA Tiamat is a very nice Genesis style rebuildable atomizer tank system and for $30.00 --(Fuhgeddaboudit)

Best Wishes ; :toast: :vapor: :thumbs: :) :D :thumb: :2cool:

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Eirc i understand where you are coming from trying to bring an inexpensive decent product for vapors and you are one of the good guys that tries and help folks .
As for me i wont say these genesis coming out of China are broken but i can say in my humble opinion there not set to being "optimum" with airhole placement.

Got ya, that's a much better way to say it :) thanks. I didn't mean any disrespect I hope you know.

Got ya, that's a much better way to say it :) thanks. I didn't mean any disrespect I hope you know.

I am so glad,no, happy, no, RELEIVED to see that I am not the only one who without even trying can stir up sumthin.

I am GLAD to see that it was just an exchange of opinions.

I am HAPPY to see that in my absence Eric has pretty much GROWN Big time. Now I just have to figure out a way to find a sunken treasure, get my hands on some pirate gold, maybe even diamonds of questionable origin to afford EVERYTHING he has for sale, just 2 of each thing is all I want.

In my absence we have re-elected our president, lived through a minor nor-easter, watch Gen Petraeous(sp) betray his wife, John McCain is still a whiny little angry man and now the worst fate of all, Hostess a beloved northeastern business, (Not as beloved as Tastycake) has fallen. Ag51 will forever be lost unless someone picks up the Ring Dings. It's truly a sad time in our country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread