Status
Not open for further replies.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Yesterday for 1 second, I saw that there was 1 Tiamat in stock. Then it disappeared. I think I may have been imagining this. I got all excited that they were in, but realized that it's not really "next week" yet. :(

sorry, we had someone cancel an order they paid with a check, but I swear I have tracking and it should hopefully be here tomorrow barring a DHL issue.

I also have a back up order already in for after that one. I am not trying to be always out of stock, promise :(

I did get the griffin today...

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
sorry, we had someone cancel an order they paid with a check, but I swear I have tracking and it should hopefully be here tomorrow barring a DHL issue.

I also have a back up order already in for after that one. I am not trying to be always out of stock, promise :(

I did get the griffin today...

No problem. I don't have the money right now so it's all good. I already bought the griffin, but I really do like the AGA-T. I have another version of the Hydra, and it seems that the AGA Tiamat's connectors look very similar. It's easier to rebuild, in my opinion.

But I bet you'll get them in stock as soon as I have the money. I get paid at the end of the month... *hint* *hint*...

Dragoncqb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Louisville Ky
For Hydra & Tiamat users like myself, well for any R.A.T you use really. I have seen something that has more than peeked my curiosity. We all want the cleanest safest most flavorful vapor producing vape possible right ? Well so far for me it has been SS mesh wick with a kanthal wire coil. But this might be changing, as you know even SS mesh can give a harsh hit if it gets dry or can short if not wrapped properly. Ok hold on to your hat, by simply adding a small Pyrex tube to your wicking supplies those issues (may) be a thing of the past. Here's how it works a small Pyrex tube is put into the wick hole, wrap your coil wire around the Pyrex no metal on metal this eliminates shorting, roll your SS mesh (no need to torch it anymore & no need to worry about contact with the metal bottom or sides of the tank) insert the mesh wick through the Pyrex tube. The coil heats the Pyrex vaporising the juice on the SS mesh that is drawn up inside the tube. I am still doing research but from what I have seen so far I am excited, your thoughts.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
For Hydra & Tiamat users like myself, well for any R.A.T you use really. I have seen something that has more than peeked my curiosity. We all want the cleanest safest most flavorful vapor producing vape possible right ? Well so far for me it has been SS mesh wick with a kanthal wire coil. But this might be changing, as you know even SS mesh can give a harsh hit if it gets dry or can short if not wrapped properly. Ok hold on to your hat, by simply adding a small Pyrex tube to your wicking supplies those issues (may) be a thing of the past. Here's how it works a small Pyrex tube is put into the wick hole, wrap your coil wire around the Pyrex no metal on metal this eliminates shorting, roll your SS mesh (no need to torch it anymore & no need to worry about contact with the metal bottom or sides of the tank) insert the mesh wick through the Pyrex tube. The coil heats the Pyrex vaporising the juice on the SS mesh that is drawn up inside the tube. I am still doing research but from what I have seen so far I am excited, your thoughts.

This sounds awesome. The only reason I haven't used SS mesh yet is because I don't want to mess with torches etc. If this works I'm interested. A video of this in practice would be great.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Yup ole Scubabatdan is on to something even a vendor of the pyrex tubes was shocked when there orders went thru the roof as it was posted in that thread.
Eventually i may try a old car fuse glass case and start there and or watch that thread and see what becomes of it all as many will be getting in there tubes soon and trying this out.

I can see it now in "New Releases" @ DiscountVapers - various size pyrex cut tubes. lol

Dragoncqb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Louisville Ky
Been following that thread, anyone who wants to give it a shot should definitely read up. There where concerns about "Pyrex" glass shattering from temp variances. With that being said I've already placed an order for some tubes on tuesday

I read that too but Pyrex can go from the oven to the fridge or vice verse according to my casserole dish lol (don't go by that). Of course better safe than sorry now Scuba Dan has been using Pyrex for three years trouble free from what I understand. However I am reading crushed quarts tubes are safe and they are just as cheap so again better safe than sorry.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012

Thanks you for that! It was a bit hard hearing what he said due to me being in a house full of people lol. So the SS mesh sits inside the Pyrex tube, and the coil wraps around the tube itself I gather. Now what I don't get is is how the heat from the coil is hot enough to to get through that layer of Pyrex to heat the juice up.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Any idea when these AGA-Tiamat RBA's will be in stock?
I apologize if I missed any info regarding restock dates.
I've had my eye on these for several weeks.:)

Me too, I actually like the look of the aga-t more than the did. Actually looks more heavy duty.

Last edited:

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
Me too, I actually like the look of the aga-t more than the did. Actually looks more heavy duty.

In my opinion, it's also easier to recoild the AGA-t. The screws are also bigger so you won't lose them as easily. And there's more room to maneuver. I'd recommend the AGA-T over the Griffin. But that's my opinion, of course. And if you like glass tanks, there's this place that makes glass tanks for the AGA-T.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
In my opinion, it's also easier to recoild the AGA-t. The screws are also bigger so you won't lose them as easily. And there's more room to maneuver. I'd recommend the AGA-T over the Griffin. But that's my opinion, of course. And if you like glass tanks, there's this place that makes glass tanks for the AGA-T.

That is awesome. Yeah to be honest I'm not a fan of the tiny screws. I have the phoenix. Are they Pyrex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread