Introducing the Griffin Rebuildable Atomizer Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just asked via email if someone doesn't like the griffin vape out of the box or it doesn't seem to vape well could they return it.

The answer to that question is on the page describing the Griffin

"Please note, as this comes in a tin and it is not really packed all that well it will rattle around a bit. I do not want to deprive you of the tin it coes in as it can come in handy to store parts for your Griffin (coming soon) Also, due to the rebuildable nature of this item, there are no refunds unless there is a defective part ie, a screw is bad or something similar. vape quality with the included starter mesh and coil is not warrantied as it is fully customizable."

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
I realize you were probably joking, but I actually think these types of items from China will help American manufacturers. China makes things affordable, so many people can try things that they normally wouldn't be able to get on a budget. However, we all know that generally the care and detail put into the products produced by small American and European companies is outstanding.

In short, the affordable products that China produces will create more mod collectors who will eventually purchase the higher quality and collectible products made in America and Europe. That's what I believe anyway.

Of course I was joking and I believe Eric knows me well enough to know that as well.I agree with you as well.I plan on buying one from him myself.

Woody-GC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
SW Kansas
Last edited:

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
...Also, do we need to oxidize the wick? How to?

you're asking the wrong guy sorry :( I don't know, first time with ss mesh so I have to wait for LD to get his so he can give me all the details. I figure he will get his about the time most other who ordered via Priority so I'll be able to answer that question then unless he beats me to the punch

all I can tell you is that it vapes, has a serious throat hit out of the tin, whether I am doing it wrong.. probably LOL..I don't know but this one is going to sit on my desk now probably never used again because I just don't have the time to tinker, so if it needs to be run through a torch, I will let you all know as soon as I know. But again, this is not meant to be a perfect vape out of the box. I cant stress that enough.

Of course I was joking and I believe Eric knows me well enough to know that as well.I agree with you as well.I plan on buying one from him myself.

Yep, I knew, :)

Chopper and I have discussed this before, he knew it was coming (not specifically this and not specifically now but this kind of thing eventually) and I held off for as long as I could. I know for a fact that Chopper would not begrudge me for it, he's not that kind of guy. :)

I did get a somewhat angry email from someone today asking me why I would rip off a DID... so I politely responded that I didn't, I just bought it. :) It's not like I could resell DID's....

The manufacturer who makes this asked me about buying it a long time ago, this was before I even knew the phoenix existed (and I didn't even know what a DID really was until LD mentioned it a few weeks ago and I googled it.) So I passed, then they showed me the progress along the way and it has changed quite a bit, to the point where when he showed me the Griffin it wasnt really the same thing.

I think it was the parts to it that made my eyes gloss over, me likely parts to play with :) just wish I had more time...

Anyway, got a hold of LD and asked him if this was a viable product and well, here we are, a inexpensive rebuildable with a tank that any American modder can most assuredly make a better version of. But it is what it is, it was coming and there is no point staying on the outside looking in especially when other vendors would have taken the advantage and priced this thing at 50+ (ha ha we win :))
Believe me I don't like the fact that everything that's good gets knocked off but I am also aware that there is nothing I can do about it except try to keep the price low when it hits. it brings awareness to this type of mod, I am making a decent profit on it so that helps me stay in business, everybody wins I think.

I have two more new items coming soon, (along with restocks of the Phoenix and Griffin) one next week and one shortly after.. all cool stuff :)
The next one is much more like the Phoenix called the Chimera and haven't decided the name of the of the next one yet which is like nothing out there now.

so you all know...
Chinese Vendors monitor EVERY thread, they seem to know everything we say and do, there will never be a product they will not copy and that's their livelihood just like ours so.. If you see an American made mod like Choppers and it appeals to you and you have the extra cash to spare, buy it, it helps Chopper and his family. If you cannot afford the higher quality (not saying this one is not good quality, but you know what I mean) then you can get your feet wet with this, then decide if other items are for you.

I see copycat VV VW electronics coming in less than a month, so the Chinese also do it to each other...

Capitalism at it's best. In case anyone missed it, A company in China copied some things from the newest iphone, patented it over there so that when the newest iphone is released there they can sue Apple if they want. The world is a lot smaller now.

As soon as 3D printers can use better materials than plastic and the programs are as available as any mp3, it will not matter what you invent. As soon as the thieves get one of them anyone with a 3D printer can make their own. It'll be like Star Trek, intead of "Eral Grey, hot"m you'll say, Smok XYZMax, Gun Metal Black and viola. Seriously do a search on 3D printers. If you don't already know about them, buckle up, it will both intrigue and scare the crap out of you. Right now they are very close to making a gun on a 3D printer. Who's gonna care after that. Everything will be a "Clone"

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
Capitalism at it's best. In case anyone missed it, A company in China copied some things from the newest iphone, patented it over there so that when the newest iphone is released there they can sue Apple if they want. The world is a lot smaller now.

As soon as 3D printers can use better materials than plastic and the programs are as available as any mp3, it will not matter what you invent. As soon as the thieves get one of them anyone with a 3D printer can make their own. It'll be like Star Trek, intead of "Eral Grey, hot"m you'll say, Smok XYZMax, Gun Metal Black and viola. Seriously do a search on 3D printers. If you don't already know about them, buckle up, it will both intrigue and scare the crap out of you. Right now they are very close to making a gun on a 3D printer. Who's gonna care after that. Everything will be a "Clone"

Whoah! I had no idea! I just looked at 3 random youtube videos about 3D printing, that totally trips me out, I didn't know there was such a thing!

Whoah! I had no idea! I just looked at 3 random youtube videos about 3D printing, that totally trips me out, I didn't know there was such a thing!

Pandora's box was opened the first day someone brought home a computer. Personally I am glad that I'll be dead in 30 years or less, this planet is gonna be NUTS!

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
Pandora's box was opened the first day someone brought home a computer. Personally I am glad that I'll be dead in 30 years or less, this planet is gonna be NUTS!

Can you imagine...omigosh, I'm sure you can, you're probably thinking the same things I am. I'm anxious to show this 3D printer thing to my husband when he gets home, he'll be even more tripped out than I am. What rock have I been living under!

Can you imagine...omigosh, I'm sure you can, you're probably thinking the same things I am. I'm anxious to show this 3D printer thing to my husband when he gets home, he'll be even more tripped out than I am. What rock have I been living under!

zooker, you do not have to be living under a rock. Even though this has been around for a few years, it has not started to make headlines until recently. The more people it scares the louder it's gonna get. Sort of like a presidential election.

I am seriously thinking about getting a 3D printer to start producing designs for them....
I just don't have the cash flow (yet) to buy a decent one.

Imagine if I had one and could make on the spot prototypes of new battery cases etc?

I should start a kickstarter

Desktop Mod holders, Mod bodies, designer tanks, a girlfriend, oh sorry WRONG FORUM AGAIN!! The possibilities are endless. You are only limited by,...hell you're NOT limited by anything.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
zooker, you do not have to be living under a rock. Even though this has been around for a few years, it has not started to make headlines until recently. The more people it scares the louder it's gonna get. Sort of like a presidential election.

what? There is a presidential election going on???

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
what? There is a presidential election going on???

For what I wonder?
shrug.gif

Victor Vandyke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Ohio
Some people also only buy things when they are "on sale" not knowing that there was never a regular price, some only buy when there is a discount code not realizing the "discount" is built into the price, some think the expensive item always means better, some think knockoff is synonymous with bad quality so...let them think that and we can reap the rewards :)

if it saves you all money and it gets it in the hand of many more who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford it then it's a win-win in my book.

Believe me I have tested enough copies of popular items that are bad, I try to only put out the good, so far, it's working :)

I buy all my clothes at TJ Maxx :)

Gotta try this. Ordered one today. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread