Introducing the Griffin Rebuildable Atomizer Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfft...

There are at least two SS threads over in Modding, and the best youtube I've caught recently - after ref in the #500 Mesh thread - was ScubaBatDa's vid on rolling a curved wick. I've been slowly switching all mys stuff to SS, and the Thor got converted yesterday. Eric's Phoenix got converted last week, 2 days after I got it.

I'm not sure what mesh they include with Griffin, but don't bother with less than 400. Bj's lab-testing in the thread is very, very good.

America gave up on manufacturing, and the average person can't afford the high-dollar handmade custom jobs. If this thing has a capacity beyond Nova and Vivi tank, I am for sure interested. Maybe they even used sensible diameters so modding can continue? (naah!)

I just know Eric is holding a Griffin for me, and he'll be getting #400 and #500 mesh in soon, (right. Eric? eh? eh?) Then I can also order the transparent-aluminum tank. (Yes, SG:1 is worth owning - I want them and :Atlantis as well ;-)

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Hey check it out Eric. You've been featured on Vapor Joes Daily Vapor Deals site (and it was also linked in the "Deals & Steals" thread in the PIF sub-forum). You're famous! :D :vapor:

PS: I put a link up on Reddit too :)

does this mean I can date, marry and dump a Kardashian sister now?

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
can I get that in bulk somewhere?

Yeah, The Mesh Company is everyone's #1 link - and the forum-volken have been requesting they carry #600 as well.

Be interesting to see how your prices would compare to theirs and Stormy. Make It So.

I've also been wondering about a bit thicker Nichrome.. Need to run a few tests myself.

Swampey65

ECF Veteran
Oh ho ho OH!!! ...my Wife is gonna be ......! I don't care as it won't be the first time...been doing it for 27 years and she's stayed so I guess it'll be o.k.

I'll just explain to her that I went to the ECF and saw that it was on DV and went to check it out and Oh My GOD, there were ONLY 3 LEFT! (That part is true at least) It was gonna be MONTHS before Eric got more in so I HAD TO get it NOW or miss out!

If that fails I'll try blaming it on Eric and see if that flys...:p

Roary

Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Melissa
Well anyone that didn't get to order one looks like they are all gone!

Have to give Eric props! Placed the order Friday evening, by 9pm it showed shipped with tracking, by this afternoon I was able to track it via usps and it should arrive in Texas on Tuesday! Very fast turn around times! So now I know when to be late to work so I can pick it up or at least harass the postman!! Very excited to say the least that I am this much closer to being able to try out a DiD style product and try my hand at making coils! *Note to self Check on cost of desk magnifying glass*

Now we just have to work on the the shipping company getting Eric's packages to him earlier in the day so that we can place those orders earlier and get them shipped out same day!!

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I used to use scubabatdans scubgenv3 when they first came out but eventually sold it because it was huge.
I learned from his video's how to season the wick as they callled it and i tell you once you do it properly you will see what i mean. ; )

Use a butane blue flame not a bic lighters yellow flame to get the mesh glowing red then dipped in water and repeat process several times and then one can coat it with there e-liquid and burn that off as well to help further break it in.
Once done it will not conduct electricity and pop the kanthal wire and or get hot legs and give burnt taste when vaping.

Also as a note torch your small piece of kanthal wire also because in the making of it there can be a oil type residue on it in many cases that can impart a taste at first and this also makes it more flexible to wrap your coil.

I been looking at other threads on the DID and there very long but gathered a few hints here and there.
Make sure the airhole in the cap lines up with the wick.
You can leave the filler screw out as some claim this gives a little more air as well and imparts a better taste overall, im going to experiment with that.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Now we just have to work on the the shipping company getting Eric's packages to him earlier in the day so that we can place those orders earlier and get them shipped out same day!!

I get everything around 4 or so DHL is a late stop for me but that's kinda good because I still have a day job.. so it wouldn't matter anyway :)

these should be back in stock in a week with triple the number ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread