Introducing the Griffin Rebuildable Atomizer Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escapereality

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Bluegrass
ok didnt want to post this here but am i missing a screw one of the holes is open and it looks like it has threads where a screw would go and i cant tell by the pics .

I think that hole is there on purpose, and your juice should not leak. This was asked earlier in the thread.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Got in the mail today and took apart and washed it . Put back together filled and started vaping a 3.35 volts on box mod and then on my stainless megalodon in mini mode 18350 battery.
I'm a DIY when it comes to e-liquid and vaping tobacco express RY4 Flavoring @ 14 mg nic strength and 75 pg/25 vg mix.

All i can say is wow , Eric i now start have a slight nic headache from enjoying this so much.
I going to order another when there back in stock.

Here are some pictures to give idea of size with 4 AA box mod and on megalodon and also next to 1000mah ego battery.
Again thanks Eric for making this available .
Click picture to enlarge.
Griffin 1.jpg Griffin 2.jpg

Victor Vandyke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Ohio
I have a question about wrapping/preparing your wick. - Is the resistance determined by how many times you wrap the wire around the wick, or just by what gage wire you use, or something else altogether?

The length and thickness (gauge) of the wire are the two fators in your coil resistance. Each inch of 32g A1 Kanthal resistance wire is 1.1 ohms.

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
Got in the mail today and took apart and washed it . Put back together filled and started vaping a 3.35 volts on box mod and then on my stainless megalodon in mini mode 18350 battery.
I'm a DIY when it comes to e-liquid and vaping tobacco express RY4 Flavoring @ 14 mg nic strength and 75 pg/25 vg mix.

All i can say is wow , Eric i now start have a slight nic headache from enjoying this so much.

Here are some pictures to give idea of size with 4 AA box mod and on megalodon and also next to 1000mah ego battery.
View attachment 135648 View attachment 135649

Looks great! It's heavy isn't it, I don't know why, but I was surprised it was that stout. Soooooo, I have to take it apart and wash it first? Gahhhhhhhhhhhh, man, that means i have to learn sumpin.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Here is another thanks to Tom including nichrome
Resistance in Ohms/inch for the Resistance Wires

Kanthal Grade----- A-1 ------ A -------- D ----- Nichrome 60 -------- Nichrome 80

30 awg (Ω/in)----- 0.7 ------ 0.7 ------ 0.7 -------- 0.6 -------- -------- 0.5
31 awg (Ω/in)----- 0.9 ------ 0.9 ------ 0.8
32 awg (Ω/in)----- 1.2 ------ 1.1 ------ 1.1 -------- 0.9 -------- -------- 0.9
33 awg (Ω/in)----- 1.4 ------ 1.4 ------ 1.3
34 awg (Ω/in)----- 1.8 ------ 1.8 ------ 1.7 -------- 1.4 -------- -------- 1.4
35 awg (Ω/in)----- 2.3 ------ 2.2 ------ 2.1
36 awg (Ω/in)----- 2.9 ------ 2.8 ------ 2.7 -------- 2.3 -------- -------- 2.1

Last edited:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Looks great! It's heavy isn't it, I don't know why, but I was surprised it was that stout. Soooooo, I have to take it apart and wash it first? Gahhhhhhhhhhhh, man, that means i have to learn sumpin.
Actually not that heavy and its diameter is a tad less than the top of my megalodon in that picture.
Total weight filled with e-liquid is 51 grams.
I always wash my new tanks and such because there might be some machining residue inside and or film of oil thats just me. ; )
Now i have to get up get some water and fresh air cause im loving this thing too much.
Its my sincere hope it works as well for everyone else .

Victor Vandyke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Ohio

View attachment 135648 View attachment 135649

Yeah!! Glad to hear this report (not the headache part...), my Griffin is on it's way.

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
Actually not that heavy and its diameter is a tad less than the top of my megalodon in that picture.
Total weight filled with e-liquid is 51 grams.
I always wash my new tanks and such because there might be some machining residue inside and or film of oil thats just me. ; )
Now i have to get up get some water and fresh air cause im loving this thing too much.
Its my sincere hope it works as well for everyone else .

Well I must be a weak old lady, cuz I think it's heavy! LOL anyhoo, I guess I'm going to live dangerously and fill that bad boy up and give it a whirl!

mrelwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Finland, Europe.
As soon as 3D printers can use better materials than plastic and the programs are as available as any mp3, it will not matter what you invent.

I don't know what material it was, but a short TV insert showed a 3D printer "copying" a wrench. It was usable, so not a basic plastic.

Is the resistance determined by how many times you wrap the wire around the wick, or just by what gage wire you use, or something else altogether?

While there's a lot of information around on the subject, I don't like to leave a question unanswered. So, it's both, and the thickness of the wick as well. Different thicknesses of resistance wire will have different resistance per inch, so the overall resistance is determined by the actual length of the wire. Best to use a multimeter to get precisely the resistance you want.

Thanks! So, then more wraps and larger gage wire eqauls higher resistance?

The first chart here had it the wrong way around. A thicker wire will have a smaller resistance, so it would need more length.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
I've never vaped a SS atty, so this will be my first taste of one. I've been following the "organic" wick material thread for some time, but have until now just been to lazy to go through the trouble of re-wicking some of the gear I have on hand. The Griffin looks like the perfect platform to experiment with cotton and bamboo wicks.

So if anyone is not happy with the mesh wick, this mega thread may be of interest. I do not personally subscribe to the silica is hazardous theory, but rather am more interested in the reports of improved vape performance reports from many people that use cotton VS silica.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/284030-wick-materials-safe-vs-dangerous.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread