Introducing the Precise Simplicity 18650 by Super-T!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Darn. Was hoping to put it in the bottom so I didn't have to take it out all the time.

That's why the ELA is so Kick/Crown friendly....It stays in the top of the telescopic tube, the battery comes out the bottom....No threads to tear up your Kicks/Crowns protective cover.....

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
David, have you conducted in-house voltage tests on these? Also, do you have a palladium FAQ similar to your rhodium FAQ?

He brings up a good point that I was wondering when the 14500 simplicity was released. What exactly ARE the benefits of rhodium over palladium? Is it a harder material making the plating more durable?

wongster360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Washington
I received a shipping notice from Super-T today. Since it's way too early for my ELA I'm sure it's for the Simplicity 18650. When I pinch the tracking number into my tracking up it comes up as delivered in FL Oct 29, 2012! Lol! Anyone ever had this happen? If I go to stamps.com it still shows electronic notice received. :D

mooshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
SoCal
I received a shipping notice from Super-T today. Since it's way too early for my ELA I'm sure it's for the Simplicity 18650. When I pinch the tracking number into my tracking up it comes up as delivered in FL Oct 29, 2012! Lol! Anyone ever had this happen? If I go to stamps.com it still shows electronic notice received. :D
Haha :) There's been a little "glitch" (for lack of a better word) in the past few months of recycled USPS tracking numbers. It'll update itself when the package actually hits the post office and gets scanned. :)

PS. +1 for an 18350 version ;)

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010

I had a similar thing happen recently but with DHL Express.. The package said it went from Tunisia to France in 2012..

Later it updated to show 2 incidents with that tracking number and asked me to resolve it.. LOL

I doubt USPS recycles tracking # but who knows, they might..

Semi Reduction

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Yea that's also a good point Blix. I've wondered about that in the past as I've bought nickel plated brass screws from an electronic parts shop. I know bugger all about electronics, but was curious as to how much current goes around the outside (nickel) compared to the bulk of brass. Does the majority take the easy way and flow around the sides or does it get pushed evenly through the whole piece. I'd assume that it travels through the whole piece, but the segments of current that go through the nickel obviously travel faster

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
just curious why the switch from gold plated rhodium to palladium? isn't gold plated rhodium slightly better at holding a current than palladium.
The Simplicity was created with affordability in mind, yet still offer features mods twice its price don't offer (like Precious Metal Plating). Currently, Rhodium is at about 1500 and ounce and Palladium is at 750 an ounce, which offers some cost savings while still providing a non-corrosive/non oxidizing coating. Compared to Silver at 28 an ounce (which is corrosive and 4 times less hard then Palladium), the Palladium still comes out way ahead. The electrical current is unaffected, a platings job is not to carry the current (it's under .001 thick and the electricity passes through), that is handled by the brass underneath, the plating provides a non corrosive, non oxidizing contact to provide consistent connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread