Introducing the Precise Simplicity 18650 by Super-T!

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Quite a few of you will be getting your Simplicity 18650's today and tomorrow. I sent them out set up for AW Protected 18650's, but you may find the the trigger throw too short for your liking with those batteries, but don't worry, the Simplicity 18650 has an adjustable throw on the button, so just remove a washer to increase the throw.

Those who are running the shorter IMR 18650 batteries, i'd start the setup by adding one Thick oring on top of the preinstalled oring and two or three more washers to the switch post as a baseline and go from there to fine tune.

Bmannator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Washington USA
Quite a few of you will be getting your Simplicity 18650's today and tomorrow. I sent them out set up for AW Protected 18650's, but you may find the the trigger throw too short for your liking with those batteries, but don't worry, the Simplicity 18650 has an adjustable throw on the button, so just remove a washer to increase the throw.

Those who are running the shorter IMR 18650 batteries, i'd start the setup by adding one Thick oring on top of the preinstalled oring and two or three more washers to the switch post as a baseline and go from there to fine tune.

Are they all to come this way? I just ordered one and I'm using the IMRs, I'm not lazy (or stuuuupid) or anything, I just want it to be set up properly.
Could you make like a protected and an IMR version, or is it not that hard to set up.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Are they all to come this way? I just ordered one and I'm using the IMRs, I'm not lazy (or stuuuupid) or anything, I just want it to be set up properly.
Could you make like a protected and an IMR version, or is it not that hard to set up.
No worries, its not hard, we set them up all the same just for ease of assembly, plus even IMR batteries vary in length, so there's no one set up that's going to work, you'll need to do a bit of fine tuning.

Aoi~

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Sunny So. Cal
IMG_3110.JPG

It's here! :D So far it feels just like the 14500 one, I'm liking it. Gonna have to adjust the posts for AW IMR later. Using CGR button top in the mean time (fits perfect).

txredxj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2013
Kingfisher, OK
Got mine this morning! Hits the same as my paps Lux to me. Button is a bit crunchy maybe due to the SS locking ring? Also got a kick2 in and working great. You have to start the prongs in the threads then screw it in. I used some tweezers to hold the pot so I could screw it all the way in and take it out by screwing it out. I think I will do some hand polishing on it like I did on the 14500. This is considerably lighter than my Lux and around 1/4 taller. First impressions are really good! I really like the fine groove finish too! Got some long drip tips that are really nice with my order also. Will definatly have buy the rest when available to complete the family :)

Last edited:

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I know this is going to come up and someone will have a major PITA trying to add an extra washer.

1: Find a flat head screw driver the same size as the slot for the firing pin.

2: Hold the screwdriver vertical

3: Place the firing pin on to of the screwdriver with the desired amount of washers.

4: Take the tube body and flip it upside down and slowly set it in place so the firing pin will come through the hole.

5: Thread the switch on to the pin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread