Introducing the Precise Strata RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenscroft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Sydney, Oz
I was re-coiling my strata the other day and wondered why the centre post would not tighten and then the whole inner positive connection bit fell out.

That is the black plastic bit with the post. I put it back in and banged it on the desk and it is sort of staying there but I get a bit of seepage onto the battery (I can give it a bang on the desk to stop it)

My question is- Would it hurt to use some sort of adhesive around the black plastic bit to seal it against the metal juice container part?

I don't really want to send it back for repair as the USA is a long way for something like this if there is some other way to easily repair it.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

It still works well with the occasional bang down.

RC

Danielsuzuki

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Katy, Texas
I repaired a similar problem on a different atomizer made from the same materials using super glue. Sounds crazy, but I did the repair almost 8 months ago with no problems. I can tell you also that if you decide to ship it in, Dave and Co. Did a great job fixing the boogered up threads on the Strata I dropped.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I repaired a similar problem on a different atomizer made from the same materials using super glue. Sounds crazy, but I did the repair almost 8 months ago with no problems. I can tell you also that if you decide to ship it in, Dave and Co. Did a great job fixing the boogered up threads on the Strata I dropped.

So Super Glue worked? That's the first thing to come to mind. No residual smells or anything?

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thanks guys, I was wondering about good old Super Glue.

If that doesn't work for you, keep in mind its covered under warranty and we can press in a new insulator for you, I know it can be a pain overseas to send it in, but if you have a mod too, you can send that in with it and we can freshen them both up for you at the same time.

Ravenscroft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Sydney, Oz
Thanks for that David and I will keep that in mind.

It is my ELA one with the problem but my P+ one is solid as a rock. I have dual genisis on the P+ and dual Micro's with cotton on the ELA.

They are both very unique vapes .

But so far I have found that tapping the base gently on my desk when changing batteries has worked so far and I haven't needed to hit the Super Glue as yet.

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread