Not open for further replies.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
That works:)
For the last month I've been carrying my ELA with a flat recessed button in my left front pocket at work on my feet all day, no probs unless there's something else in that pocket. Which is totally against common sense, but that's what I've done. It'll be interesting to see if this button fares as well. The WorkHorse appears to be new territory.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thank you everyone!

On the length, these are actually 1mm shorter then the Precise Simplicity and several MM shorter then the PrecisePlus was in their corresponding sizes. The length is what it is by design to increase what Super-T feels is critical engineering areas. For example, we could go with a shorter switch, but this would lead to a switch that may not be as smooth or make as good a contact. A mechanical switch works via friction with the sidewall, if I shorten the length of that switch, it will have less contact area with the supporting bore it rides up and down in which will increase the tendency for it to tilt minutely which increase's friction, a longer bore gives more stability to the button as it travels up and down as well as increased contact area to complete the ground.

Same goes with the top cap, we could design a shorter center post, but again, the center post is held in via a pressed in delrin insulator, having a shorter center post would mean increased chance of leakage(it seals via friction with the delrin it screws through), and most critically shorten the pressed in delrin insert, which would mean less holding area and a larger tendency for that press in piece to come loose (with the current length which is the same part number as the Simplicity, we've only ever had 2 come loose on people since they came out over a year ago).

Reliability and long term durability our are main goals when designing a mod.

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm down, can't wait to see this one in person!

I know it's far from ideal from a Super T standpoint, but I sort of like the idea of a 20x1 thread!

Evening Nach, it's a fine heavy duty piece of gear alright. Would a 20X1 thread do any good, I would think most things that thread in would never be the correct extension into the tube and have battery rattle, our caps go in so deep...

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hm, the quoted measurements don't match up to 1mm shorter than a simplicity, they seem more like they're 1mm shorter than a P+?

They are shorter as I've set them side by side, I may have quoted them a bit longer then they really are.

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
Thank you everyone!

On the length, these are actually 1mm shorter then the Precise Simplicity and several MM shorter then the PrecisePlus was in their corresponding sizes. The length is what it is by design to increase what Super-T feels is critical engineering areas. For example, we could go with a shorter switch, but this would lead to a switch that may not be as smooth or make as good a contact. A mechanical switch works via friction with the sidewall, if I shorten the length of that switch, it will have less contact area with the supporting bore it rides up and down in which will increase the tendency for it to tilt minutely which increase's friction, a longer bore gives more stability to the button as it travels up and down as well as increased contact area to complete the ground.

Same goes with the top cap, we could design a shorter center post, but again, the center post is held in via a pressed in delrin insulator, having a shorter center post would mean increased chance of leakage(it seals via friction with the delrin it screws through), and most critically shorten the pressed in delrin insert, which would mean less holding area and a larger tendency for that press in piece to come loose (with the current length which is the same part number as the Simplicity, we've only ever had 2 come loose on people since they came out over a year ago).

Reliability and long term durability our are main goals when designing a mod.

Thank you for the great explanation. Love the thought that goes into the design.

I have another question - the switch is built into the tube, correct? Is it easily removable to clean and service?

Also, how long will this be priced at $70? I want to buy myself something nice for my 40th birthday on Oct 17th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
Evening Nach, it's a fine heavy duty piece of gear alright. Would a 20X1 thread do any good, I would think most things that thread in would never be the correct extension into the tube and have battery rattle, our caps go in so deep...

I was (and I bet vaptamist too), thinking that the GP Heron would make a marvelous topper for this mod. It has a 20x1 threading and a self adjusting pin.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Waiting on my 14500 simplicity. Now I need to get the 18500 Workhorse! How can this new mod be 70 dollars? Can there be any money made off of this? I guess now people that buy clones can't say they can't afford an authentic device because of cost. This device looks sweet. This will be my next purchase.
It'll be telling whether people put up or shut up, for sure. :) It doesn't have skull carved on it so I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread