Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heriyanto Japri

Oct 19, 2017
Hi everyone, my name is Heri and I'm new at this forum, just a newbie want to look some information and experience, really appreciated all the help I can get..

I really need help at Battery issue, currently I'm using dual battery LG HG2, fired at 80 watt on my Icon rda ( dual coil fused clapton at 0.15 ohm) normally I can vape using this battery until the battery indicator is very low and "Weak Battery" comes out.

Now the problem pop out when I'm using my secondary battery which is Samsung 25R green wrap, the battery indicator nearly reach half of the capacity but already show "Weak Battery" indicator ( I'm using the same rda and fired it also and 80 watt)

With LG HG2 specification 3000mAh & max Amp 20A compared to Samsung 25R 2500mAh & Max Amp 25A ( thanks to bro Mooch for the spec info) My question is Samsung 25R capable of firing 0.15ohm dual coil at 80 watt? My Samsung 25R capacity is half near full and the Max Amp 25 or as simple as my Samsung battery is just defect or fake? FYI my Samsung battery Life Span is about a month.

Please somebody with the experience give some enlightenment to me, thanks before and really appreciate the help..

Reactions: stols001

Heriyanto Japri

Oct 19, 2017
Hi and welcome! What mod are you using. 2 25Rs can certainly provide the regulated board with enough current to allow the board to deliver 80W to the atty. Hard to answer without knowing what you're using them in.

I agree with Eskie. I (like many others) have 7 25rs in rotation and haven't had any issues.
Are you certain it's authentic?

I'm wondering if it's authentic as well, but knowing the mod might be helpful, too. You are vaping at high wattage, so I wouldn't expect you to get fabulous battery life, but your battery giving out those warnings is a bit concerning.
Anna

Hi Eskie, jfcooley & Anna many thanks for replying

Sorry my bad doesn't mention the mod, currently I'm using Smok R200 & Voopoo Drag, when using 25R is just giving the same response on those 2 mod..

Well I'm pretty sure is authentic, I buy it at my local vape store and they have a good reputation, all the stuff I buy there is authentic & works just fine except of course this 25R regardless something I just do wrong or the battery is defect..

Yes I'm aware I'm vaping at high wattage but considering the battery indicator is still at full nearly to half that really bothers me, because my HG2 I can use it until it's almost empty..

FYI: when using R25 I dropped the wattage to 50 and works just fine but that's just not my speed, so any thought guys?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well I think dropping the wattage fixing the problem tells you the kind of problem you are having. You are overstressing that battery (whether it is authentic or not) and it's not a good idea to use that battery in those mods at those wattages, and you are at risk of venting due to overuse. I'd say either lower the wattages, if you want to use those batteries get a two battery mod if you must vape at those wattages (or even a 3 battery mod) and you will enjoy longer battery life and it will be less risky. Your battery is basically telling you, "Help, I can't handle these wattages!" and it would be wise to listen.

Anna

Heriyanto Japri

Oct 19, 2017
Well I think dropping the wattage fixing the problem tells you the kind of problem you are having. You are overstressing that battery (whether it is authentic or not) and it's not a good idea to use that battery in those mods at those wattages, and you are at risk of venting due to overuse. I'd say either lower the wattages, if you want to use those batteries get a two battery mod if you must vape at those wattages (or even a 3 battery mod) and you will enjoy longer battery life and it will be less risky. Your battery is basically telling you, "Help, I can't handle these wattages!" and it would be wise to listen.

Anna

By the way Smok R200 & Voopoo Drag is a dual battery mod but looking at your advise I think I'm gonna buy a new battery with 3000mAh capacity, don't want to take the risk, well I'm conclude my battery is kindda defect or fake or that a battery with 2500mAh can't handle the stress at 80 watt, please correct me if I'm mistaken. Anyway Anna thanks for your kind help..

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My bad, I did know that, I just overlooked it. But yes, make sure you get authentics and do you know where to get them? This blog should help you out with everything battery related, and it's really helpful for understanding battery issues. The latest chart (it has a list of approved vendors at the bottom) would make for good reading for you, as well. Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Best of luck,

Anna

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
By the way Smok R200 & Voopoo Drag is a dual battery mod but looking at your advise I think I'm gonna buy a new battery with 3000mAh capacity, don't want to take the risk, well I'm conclude my battery is kindda defect or fake or that a battery with 2500mAh can't handle the stress at 80 watt, please correct me if I'm mistaken. Anyway Anna thanks for your kind help..

Just to make sure things are clear, the mAh rating can effectively be considered your runtime. Your amp (A) rating determines what current levels you can draw.

I know they're only a month old, but were the Samsung cells married since purchased? Do you have a way to test that they are draining equally?

You're vaping within safe limits assuming no technical issues, just to be clear.

With your current draw, you won't get exceptional run time, but the difference between the two different cells really shouldn't be so drastic.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi everyone, my name is Heri and I'm new at this forum, just a newbie want to look some information and experience, really appreciated all the help I can get..
I really need help at Battery issue, currently I'm using dual battery LG HG2, fired at 80 watt on my Icon RDA ( dual coil fused clapton at 0.15 ohm) normally I can vape using this battery until the battery indicator is very low and "Weak Battery" comes out.
Now the problem pop out when I'm using my secondary battery which is Samsung 25R green wrap, the battery indicator nearly reach half of the capacity but already show "Weak Battery" indicator ( I'm using the same RDA and fired it also and 80 watt)
With LG HG2 specification 3000mAh & max Amp 20A compared to Samsung 25R 2500mAh & Max Amp 25A ( thanks to bro Mooch for the spec info) My question is Samsung 25R capable of firing 0.15ohm dual coil at 80 watt? My Samsung 25R capacity is half near full and the Max Amp 25 or as simple as my Samsung battery is just defect or fake? FYI my Samsung battery Life Span is about a month.
Please somebody with the experience give some enlightenment to me, thanks before and really appreciate the help..
Welcome and glad you joined.
I have provided a little more information which might help choosing/evaluating batteries.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
http://ecigarettereviewed.com/e-cig-charging-safety
Vaping 101: Battery Safety

• Useful

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
HI and welcome. Sounds to me like your 25Rs are due for replacement.
Yep. "weak battery" signal is a dead giveaway that one or both of the pair is nearing the end of useful life in your application. Assuming your devices' safety features are working properly, the chance of catastrophic failure is small. Dialing down the wattage is a good way to extend a battery's usefulness.

If you just have to have 80 Watts, you'll need a lot of battery cells in a deep rotation. It's good practice to have at least two cells for every slot your devices have. If you have two dual cell devices, you should have at least four cells. At least. More is better.

Heriyanto Japri

Oct 19, 2017
My bad, I did know that, I just overlooked it. But yes, make sure you get authentics and do you know where to get them? This blog should help you out with everything battery related, and it's really helpful for understanding battery issues. The latest chart (it has a list of approved vendors at the bottom) would make for good reading for you, as well. Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Best of luck,

Anna

Will definitely buy authentic battery, and yeah I'm also reading Mooch's Blog, is a different world to me so it's gonna take some time, thanks for the head up..

Just to make sure things are clear, the mAh rating can effectively be considered your runtime. Your amp (A) rating determines what current levels you can draw.

I know they're only a month old, but were the Samsung cells married since purchased? Do you have a way to test that they are draining equally?

You're vaping within safe limits assuming no technical issues, just to be clear.

With your current draw, you won't get exceptional run time, but the difference between the two different cells really shouldn't be so drastic.

Hi bro..

Yes I always married the battery since the first use on my dual battery mod, I have different stock battery on my single mod but unfortunately I don't have the knowledge or equipment to test the battery, I just use simple logic by looking at the battery indicator on the mod while it's draining or while it's charging on my external charger.

But never mind I'll just get a new battery for my rotation.

Hi Bob..

I'm also glad to joined, lot of information that I can get, like the link that you gave it to me, thanks for the help and surely now I'm gonna read it & study it.

Yep. "weak battery" signal is a dead giveaway that one or both of the pair is nearing the end of useful life in your application. Assuming your devices' safety features are working properly, the chance of catastrophic failure is small. Dialing down the wattage is a good way to extend a battery's usefulness.

If you just have to have 80 Watts, you'll need a lot of battery cells in a deep rotation. It's good practice to have at least two cells for every slot your devices have. If you have two dual cell devices, you should have at least four cells. At least. More is better.

Yes I think I'm gonna have to buy a new pair of battery, irritated by the fact that this battery only last for a month, anyway I think my device safety feature are working properly because it's only happen while I'm using R25, thanks for the advice bro..

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
There's always the chance that you bought an authentic "pre-owned" cell.

I get my cells from either liionwholesale.com or imrbatteries.com. Both sell known new, known authentic batteries for about $5 plus each shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread