• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Introductions (part deux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hi everyone and welcome to the eGo's Forum!!
My name is Stu and I have been vaping since Oct 2009. I started with the 510 and now I'm on the eGo and loving it!!
I now live in SC and got transplanted there in '04 from LI, NY.
I am married to the most wonderful woman in the world, Lynn.. I LOVE HER 4 ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!!!
I am disabled and use to love fishing and love cooking and watching reality shows and sports (football, hockey, NASCAR, Wrestling).

If you would like to know more or anything, just ask!

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Yesterday 10:08 AM - permalink
SudokuGal
I'm a transplated Buckeye (Ohio) in Florida since late 2003. I'm also on disability...for fibromyalgia and arthritis...if it weren't for those two I wouldn't feel my age!! In my former life I was a technical writer for software companies...writing the Help text (that most people say never help, lol).

I haven't completely quit real cigs even though I started vaping in June of last year. I'm ok with that.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Yesterday 01:30 PM - permalink
julep

I just wrote alot of info and lost it. I am not new to the forum but i am new to posting so if it shows up here i'm sorry. haha Anyways, i'm married (25yrs) 3 children, 3 dogs 3 turtles, 1 lizard and 1 very loud bird. I enjoy painting, making mosaics, molds, and making things out of cement. For the last two years i have kinda taken over a house cleaning business from a friend who has fibromyalgia and arthritis. I love the people and love the work. I got my first ecig back in october and have not had a real cigarette since that day. I only starting posting after i started using the ego. I was curious to see if the battery life was really as good as they claimed, and i have to say that i am not sorry that i bought it.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Yesterday 03:18 PM - permalink
Kelemvor
greetz from Duisburg Germany,
i'm happily married and we have 3 tomcats running around and messing up the whole place. i work as an electrician on one of our last coalmines and program most of the time our SPS Systems.

i vape and don't smoke since april.09 and piled up a bunch of e-cigs and mods, even did some of the easier ones for myself.
we have a german e-cig board where i am very active too. thats where i get most of my experience from.
i stumbled across the ecf on my search for even more info a few months ago and tend to carry over info from here to there and vice versa.

if my posts sometimes are hard to read for you, say something. i am willing to improve somehow and maybe i succeed one day ;-)

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
awf40
My name is Cindy & am a canadian living here in kansas... So on that note, Lets go Canada & Usa... Had to do a cheer for the olympics... hehe... Okay most people think I am male cause of my pic but women do wheelies too on quads.. I have 3 dogs & live out in the country.. Really like it just built a new house here.. But I do miss my mountains though.. Really like my 2 eGo's alot... Thanks Stu for inviting me here...

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
Hello everyone. I'm from Elmira/Horseheads, NY. I quit smoking using ecigs last October. I started with the kr808 and cartomizers. I own a Bartleby and now am happily using the eGo, dripping with the 510 and cartomizers for on the go! When I started reading about Big Bat mods, I became worried about using the batteries: they are potentially dangerous and you need to know and understand discharge rates, the diference between protected and unprotected, using voltage meters, etc. Not for me. I used the flashlight forums such as candlepower to gain some much needed info. Due to the risks associated with these batteries, I much prefer a proprietary battery. The only problem with the kr808's like everything else was battery life. EGO to the rescue! Now I have a great PV! I also look forward to the much anticipated Baby J from Janty since this will be a 4.5v PV. I think 4.5v will be perfect for cartomizers. Anyway, glad to be here. Ecigs have become a hobby and I'm hooked!

swift

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hello everybody, swift here. I am from Los Angeles, CA and have been vaping since the beginning of January 2010. I was a half a pack a day Marlboro Smooth smoker but have since quit the analogs. I started vaping on Volcano e cigs but ever since hearing about the eGo I had to try one out. The eGo is simply amazing! From the battery life, 510 atty, ease of refilling carts, vapor production and throat hit blows away the Volcano. I have yet to touch my Volcano ever since receiving the eGo. The best part of the eGo is when I'm stuck in LA traffic and do not have to change the battery. Unlike the Volcano where I had to change the battery 3-4 times just on my commute back home from work.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hi swift,
Welcome to this Forum!
Glad to hear you like the eGo like the rest of us...
I hope you get a lot of happiness from it.
Just wait for the tesla cart and you really won't have to do much at all.
From what Mik says, that should last a very long time like the battery and you will be amazed...
Also, watch out for the Baby J as that is going to be better as from what I hear and see from Mik..
Please enjoy your time here and make friends and ask all the questions you want. We will try to answer them and if we can't then we will direct you to Jantys Fotrum threads and Mik should have the answer!

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
I'm Teri and I'm an ego-Maniac! Been bragging about this little wonder to everyone that will hold still. I've been vaping 5 days 4 hrs now and was able to immediately cut down from 2 pks a day to 1... count it!... 1 analog a day! And that one is just to take the edge off the withdrawals for the sake of my co-workers. Haven't killed any of 'em yet!

Just got some juice in from Awesome Vapors and am chilling in a cloud of wonderful coffee at the moment. So glad I found this forum and did my research up front! Will probably have some questions as I go though, so bare with me.

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
TWolf welcome and glad to hear you are enjoying your eGo. As what ever question you have, we are all hear to support each other.
And as Stubear62 mentioned it will not be long before you are completely off the analogs. I think in the short time you are vaping going from 2 packs a day to a single analog is great. I took me a month of vaping before I was able to get off them. Then again I was not fortune enough to start off with an eGo, which would have been a great help in the beginning.

I'm Teri and I'm an ego-Maniac! Been bragging about this little wonder to everyone that will hold still. I've been vaping 5 days 4 hrs now and was able to immediately cut down from 2 pks a day to 1... count it!... 1 analog a day! And that one is just to take the edge off the withdrawals for the sake of my co-workers. Haven't killed any of 'em yet!

Just got some juice in from Awesome Vapors and am chilling in a cloud of wonderful coffee at the moment. So glad I found this forum and did my research up front! Will probably have some questions as I go though, so bare with me.

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
Thanks Stubear and Jimi! And thanks for inviting me aboard!

My original order with the eGo had 18mg carts and some 11mg marlboro-ish juice. Have mainly been dripping and the 11mg wasn't cutting it. The juice I just ordered is 18mg and a great bottle of 24mg coffee flavor. Now that one is really taking the edge off!

I'm taking a day at a time attitude with it though. Being a "dedicated" smoker all these years (over 33 of them), I'm still carrying around a pack just in case. Figure as good as it's going already, I'm not going to sweat it if I really feel I have to have a few puffs to get through. Won't need to carry it much long though with the help of my eGo!

Honestly, I'm amazed at how well this has worked for me. Just the thought of quitting has always sent me into chain smoking fits before. With a little research and the eGo, it wasn't a problem at all.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Thanks Stubear and Jimi! And thanks for inviting me aboard!

My original order with the eGo had 18mg carts and some 11mg marlboro-ish juice. Have mainly been dripping and the 11mg wasn't cutting it. The juice I just ordered is 18mg and a great bottle of 24mg coffee flavor. Now that one is really taking the edge off!

I'm taking a day at a time attitude with it though. Being a "dedicated" smoker all these years (over 33 of them), I'm still carrying around a pack just in case. Figure as good as it's going already, I'm not going to sweat it if I really feel I have to have a few puffs to get through. Won't need to carry it much long though with the help of my eGo!

Honestly, I'm amazed at how well this has worked for me. Just the thought of quitting has always sent me into chain smoking fits before. With a little research and the eGo, it wasn't a problem at all.

Wolf,
I will tell you sopmething with me..
I started in August of 2009 to search these ecigs out. Well, I searched until I finally had the courage to order one (from www.cignot.com on Oct 1st) and it was the 510 model. I tried it and never had another analog from that day on. Until I had a couple of things happen where I had no liquid and smoked again (ewww, I couldn't stand them). When I finally had enough liquid that was the end. My wife, Lynn, never thought about quitting and didn't think I would last. Well, here I am today, off those nasty things and even have my Wife enjoying the ecig too. Lynn is useing the KR808D-1 and is like a kid with the flavors hahaha
I can't get her to stop buying so much.
I now make my own flavors and I can better control that aspect of this all. Lynn buys from 2 or 3 suppliers now.
The first place she goes to is Dawn @ www.diyflavorshack.com and loves all of them she has gotten so far!!
The second place is www.vapor4life.com and Steve is a great guy too. even though his is chinese liquid and Dawns is made here with love by hand.
The third place is www.juicyvapor.com. They have flavors (that are over 140 and counting) that others don't have.
Try any of them if you havent yet and yes you can use the carto's on the eGo. I suggest an adaptor from Chris @ www.cigtechs.com and these have the carto's stick out from the cone like a 510 cart..I have 2 of them and now Lynn has 2 also.

VDS_NY

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Upstate NY
Hi everyone and thanks for the invite!

I live way the heck up there in NY State, about 20 miles from the Canadian border. I've been vaping since early October, started with a couple of 510 kits, then moved on to the KR8 (cartos and 901 atty) and kind of came full circle once I got my eGo. I love the thing, looks and battery life especially. Hands down my favorite PV so far! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread