• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Introductions (part deux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
Hi! I'm glad to be here as well, Thanks Stu!

I'm pretty new to the vaping scene but I was able to completely quit a life-long 1.5+ pack a day smoking habit the day I got my 510. I didn't plan on quitting, I just didn't have any desire to smoke once I started vaping. It's been life-changing. I honestly thought I was hopeless. I defended my right to smoke whenever and wherever, I loved smoking... until I started vaping.

I discovered e-cigs by accident one day. I'm a gadget freak so I started doing research. I read these boards for over a month before I signed up and made my first post.

I'm pretty much a girly-girl and the big box mods really didn't appeal to me.

When I started to read about the eGo/Tornado I was a little enamored. I've had my Tornado since last Friday and I'm loving it.

I'm a constant vaper and I'm averaging 10 hours on one battery. I think it tastes great, the vapor is really consistent. It also completely solved the "bad burned nasty chemical taste" atomizer problem that seems to be epidemic lately.

I intend to stick with this model and start collecting back-ups :)

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
Hi everyone and thanks for the invite!

I live way the heck up there in NY State, about 20 miles from the Canadian border. I've been vaping since early October, started with a couple of 510 kits, then moved on to the KR8 (cartos and 901 atty) and kind of came full circle once I got my eGo. I love the thing, looks and battery life especially. Hands down my favorite PV so far! :thumb:

Hey VDS! I know that Canadian cold well. I grew up on the St. Lawrence river in O'burg! It's a small world.

VDS_NY

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Upstate NY
Hey VDS! I know that Canadian cold well. I grew up on the St. Lawrence river in O'burg! It's a small world.

Hey back at ya! You moved off to warmer climes, huh? ;) Actually, we've just had the mildest winter I can remember since I moved up here. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Stubear was right, there are a lot of NYers in this group. Hmmm, New Yorkers liking their egos, who woulda suspected? :D

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
Hey back at ya! You moved off to warmer climes, huh? ;) Actually, we've just had the mildest winter I can remember since I moved up here. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Stubear was right, there are a lot of NYers in this group. Hmmm, New Yorkers liking their egos, who woulda suspected? :D

Hey just having us NYers liking anything is a step in the right direction. But so far I have not really found many that do not like the eGo.

cjc

Feb 8, 2010
Rochester, NY
Hey all,

I'm in Rochester, NY but I can't say I'm a "NYer" since I grew up in Boston (please no red sox/yankees talk).

Anyway I got my eGo with the most recent batch of eGo sets shipped out only a week ago. My god did I make the right decision... My friends have 510s and my eGo lasts wayyyy past even their second battery swap. Vapor is smoother too.

I'm using Menthol Ice from halocigs.com, since I was a menthol smoker. This .... is delicious! Not a huge fan of the RY4 that came with the eGo but this 30ml of Ice is gonna last a while...

cjc

Feb 8, 2010
Rochester, NY
My original order with the eGo had 18mg carts and some 11mg marlboro-ish juice. Have mainly been dripping and the 11mg wasn't cutting it. The juice I just ordered is 18mg and a great bottle of 24mg coffee flavor. Now that one is really taking the edge off!

What coffee liquid did you buy? I'm trying to figure out which coffee to get... I'm a black coffee drinker if it makes a difference.

Anyone else recommend a coffee?

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
Cjc - Got the coffee from Arno at Awesome Vapor. If you've ever had coffee-flavored hard candy, that's kinda what this vape reminds me of... good coffee taste, but with a underlying sweetness. I'm a real noob though, so I have no comparison to other coffee ejuice out there. I'm a straight up, black coffee drinker myself btw.

Julep - I'll have to try Tasty Vapor's coffee version too. Thanks!

PaulCincy

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Cincinnati OH
PaulCincy here. Originally from Upstate NY (Johnson City ---next to Binghamton)...Retired Air Force and Elementary School teacher....Smoked 1 to 1 1/2 packs of analogs for over 25 years...My first and only PV is the Ego and started vaping on Feb 11, 2010...Have not needed an analog since...My Ego is fantastic.....Still trying out the different types of juices....Medium strength (11-14mg), and trying out my first batch of VG...so far this whole experience has been great...
P.S. Visited this forum for almost one month, reading all the posts, before ordering the Ego...Lucky to have picked a winner on the first try...Thanks for all you inputs....
Later,
Paul

sherlynn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2010
IN
Hello! I'm Sherri and I hail from Indiana. Was a pack a day smoker for over 30 years and ended up with peripheral artery disease. Had to quit immediately and it took about 2 weeks to find vaping and my am I glad I did :) I have several but the tornado/ego is my favorite-especially paired with a LR atty!! I am down to about 6 mg nicotine and using mostly VG.

I am on my second marriage (1st one lasted 25 yrs) to the love of my life, I have an adult daughter, 2 adult step-sons and my baby boy who is 13 now. We also have 8 parrots and a cat. I am a stay-at-home mom.

Thanks for letting me join!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread