• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Introductions (part deux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bageone

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I have or have owned Ego, Tornado, Ego Passthru, Riva, and Hello 016, and also bought I think it is the Bauway version from avejuice.com when he was selling them out a few weeks ago.

Hello 016... loved them when they worked but have gone thru two batteries in less than 2 months. Button broke on the first one and the second one is having a spaz attack. It will either not take a charge, or show that it is charged yet have no power when I try to vape. Yet it glows a dim blue off the charger for a day or so until it is truly dead.. it's Whack..

Tornado.. gone thru 3 batteries in 5 months, blew two in one day... some kind of short caused by a bad atty, I heard a pop and a sizzle and like a dummy screwed the same atty into a new battery and blew it too. Two of the batteries from the 5 pack are still in use ( one stolen by my daughter and daughter in law).

I just purchased the Janty Joye passthru and the Riva kit so far so good on both of them. I like the Riva button not so thrilled about the gold band, but it seems to vape as well as the genuine Joye and Tornados. I also like the rubberized feel of the Joye and Tornado but for the rock bottom prices they have now I went for the Riva which I got frim ecigsupply.com and ended up being cheaper if I included shipping than if I had ordered the Riva at $39.99 plus $15 EMS

So far I like the Janty/Ego passthru, it has to get a full charge it seems before it works properly, I had some issues with it but has been working well for me the last few days.

This is the first topic I have read in here but looking forward to reading and hopefully contributing..

Bottom line I guess I think something is fishy with the price fixing and certain manufacturers saying they build things at their own factory and all that.. it is pretty clear something is up.

I'll look for another topic on the subject tho... thanks for the welcome

Jody

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hi Jody!
What do you mean about the price fixing?
If your talking about the Janty's price being higher? Thats due to the 6 month warranty you get on the entire kit. (not including the carts).
As for the others, I would have no idea. Then again, you do get what you pay for.
I will say that the Rivas are made by eastmall in their OWN factory. The Joye's, Janty eGo's and Tornado's all are manufactured in the JOYE factory.
The Janty eGo's and USB eGo's are made to tighter specs and this is why Janty has a product that may/may not be better in the long run.
In MHO, if Joye makes for Janty and other's, it should be just as good. Although Janty does have a tighter QC spec's for theirs. Hence the 6 month warranty.
Tornado's have the 28 day warranty. But not everything is covered in that period.
My eGo USB bbattery does work whether or not it gets a full charge. I have done experiments (I feel like switched now.. LOL) and I feel there is something better with these than the normal eGo battery. It does last me longer between charges and I use this the same as my reg eGo's.

Bageone

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2010
Sacramento, CA
No I meant I tend to suck my batteries dry... so it was flashing and not lighting up so Janty suggested I charge it and or check my charger... turns out my charger was toast and my battery was totally drained, so had to put it on my working charger before it would work. I ended up leaving it on charger all night so assumed it needed a full charge after it was totally drained.

Joye supposedly is insisting US vendors sell the Joye Egos for a fixed price, but now all of a sudden prices are dropping.. Vendor Revolt? Joye Caved? New Version Forthcoming? Honestly I see no difference in quality between a Tornado or a Janty/Ego, agreed on the warranty.

As for Eastmall.. I see Riva being made at more than one chinese wholesale manufacturer/supplier... it is so confusing I am convinced they either all the same company making slight cosmetic changes or subsidiaries ( sp) of one parent company.

At any rate it does make me wonder why all of a sudden within a couple weeks we see all the ego and rivas prices drop... everyone has them on sale now for much lower than the so called fixed prices, with both manufacturers claiming it is because of counterfeits.

I do think the usb/ego is better as well and I also think that MAYBE that is why all the sudden price drops that all egos will have the usb passthru option which will be a win win for us. There is no need for a larger battery or an entire kit for that matter, because you can vape while it charges.

I will continue to buy them and use them, they are great, I just know that for me, no matter what brand of ego type I buy, they all last about the same for me, and I plan on going thru one battery a month.

My workhorse is in my signature and I go thru 3-4 sets of 16340's a day... ya I am a vaping mad woman, and why I also love my ego passthru which is a lifesaver waiting on batteries to charge.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I think what Jody is referring to Stu is that under contract the price for an eGo (which are all mfr by JoyE, just re-branded) was set. This ensured that all vendors could sell the eGo under their own name etc... like TW with the Tornado and the happy eGo from Jack etc... and not have to compete against each other. There was nothing wrong with that concept as far as I am concerned, or I can see. No this may not be so for greedy vendors, that we don't have ;)

Now we know from reports that something went down wrt to QC and QA of the XL battery. Now this in no part has anything to do with JoyE per se as they do not manufacture batteries, but sub-contract the work out. That being said, JoyE is the OEM for the eGo and ultimately responsible for ensuring Janty's quality assurance, through their own QC. We do not know the ins and outs of the contract etc... but it doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure it out neither. That being said...

Although this is pure conjecture but it is my belief that although dismissed by Janty and TW, seconds are being marketed as bulk wrt the 5 battery pack is not covered under warranty but seems to have larger failures rate than the stock ones. I would also be curious to know the per capita failure figures for both Janty and TW eGos.

It is further my belief that the Riva is was composed of the XL battery that were rejected by Janty for safety reasons. Because the coincidence is just too obvious, wrt to batteries being rejected and the Riva hiting the market. For the price of the Riva, by all means. It is an eGo with a 750mAh batt.

The F16, Hello 16, the HO, etc... that is a 1300mAh knock off. many vendors are starting to only stock the batts, as the combo cone/atty sucks and the cone in this case purely aesthetic. There is nothing wrong with the 1300mAh batt, it is a 1300mAh batt and you cannot compare this line against an eGo.

All this being said, what will be the quality of Janty products in the future considering that they took on a sub-par product in the new mega carto, atty/carts for the eGo?

Is it Janty's fault or is JoyE not quite on the up and up? The future will indeed tell us. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck... Once upon a time the major Chinese distribution centres did not stock the eGo or it's parts. Now they all do at a fraction of the cost, the result PureSmoker's fire sale of late. Is there any validity to what Steve is saying wrt why he did it? That still and will remain a mystery for the time being.

In closing, that is why I am slowly moving away from all things proprietary.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
*SNIP
I will continue to buy them and use them, they are great, I just know that for me, no matter what brand of ego type I buy, they all last about the same for me, and I plan on going thru one battery a month.
Wow!

My workhorse is in my signature and I go thru 3-4 sets of 16340's a day... ya I am a vaping mad woman, and why I also love my ego passthru which is a lifesaver waiting on batteries to charge.
You have an extremely high power bill LOL.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Okay, I have been meaning to ask this of you switched.
But what the tar nation is this wrt???
Joye, whether or not they physically manufacture the eGo's, the Riva's are made by EM as David said. There has been nothing else that I have seen to contradict this notion.
Now as for Janty, joye makes them (or whatever) and they do have a stricter Qualityfor their products.
I still see the XL batts being sold be both Joye and Janty.
I juat want to see the Baby J and tesla come out (hopfully b4 I pass on).
I do believe you were right as to why Janty is selling the eGo cartos/attys, switched (I think it was you).
hat since Joye makes the products for Janty, in turn Janty might have to sell some of Joye products?? (I believe thats what was said) I'm most likly wrong too. LOL..

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Okay, I have been meaning to ask this of you switched.
But what the tar nation is this wrt???
LOL Why do you folks say yall ;) wrt = with regards to

Joye, whether or not they physically manufacture the eGo's, the Riva's are made by EM as David said. There has been nothing else that I have seen to contradict this notion.
... true but the batteries I truly believe to be the rejected XL batts,as neither JoyE nor EM make their own batteries

Now as for Janty, joye makes them (or whatever) and they do have a stricter Quality for their products.
... absolutely true AFAIK, and this creates the problem
I still see the XL batts being sold be both Joye and Janty.
Yup! and which one is the best in your humble opinion? Once upon a time that would be a straightforward answer IMHO. It is getting rather cloudy to be able to formulate even an educated guess
I juat want to see the Baby J and tesla come out (hopfully b4 I pass on).
It's been so long I don't even know what the baby J is or is supposed to be LOL
I do believe you were right as to why Janty is selling the eGo cartos/attys, switched (I think it was you).
hat since Joye makes the products for Janty, in turn Janty might have to sell some of Joye products?? (I believe thats what was said) I'm most likly wrong too. LOL..
Yup Stu that was me. We (you and I) discussed that one in the past. The unfortunate side of things is that we (the consumer) no longer know who is shooting straight anymore. There was a time that there was a certain amount of integrity and credibility, now it is cloudy. We do not know what transpired between JoyE and Janty over the XL batt, but whatever i was, was serious enough to cause some massive after shocks.

Janty I believe in all honesty would not normally have sold the "new" mega line. The thing that bugs me the most is trying to figure out who is shooting straight, because for one instance I wouldn't put it past the Chinese to sell their own mother, if there was profit from it. What else is being held over janty's heads. <---- that is what really really bugs me.

I allured to many misgivens in the past wrt the way the Chinese do business. Unfortnately, we are stuck with them. I was never an individual that believed in a quick buck, but rather an individual that fostered a clientele on trust and providing a quality product at a reasonable price, once and every time. Many vendors as I stated receive one or two orders of top notch stuff, then QA is out the window... who is blamed? The vendor. This is what gets me.

However, I will concede some vendors couldn't care less and pass off sub-standard products at market value of even inflated prices at times. Some of these store fronts are short lived, some are not unfortunately.

Bageone

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Switched! Thank you! I know I can be crazy at times but I am also not completely nuts!
I agree with you on the 5 packs of batteries and atty's too, I still buy them occasionally, EM multi packs of attys seem better than others as far as DOA.. I just ordered a 5pack from a US vendor and so far the first two are DOA.. I haven't had any DOA from EM ( YET).

USB batteries are great and hopefully the wave of the future, as I said I will still buy this line for out and about and waiting for batteries to charge, but I can tell no difference in QC from any of them, whether buying direct or from a US vendor. I should probably go with the longer warranty ones at the rate I go thru them but that probably wouldn't fly for long. HAHA

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
TY switched..
I don't say yall..
I'm a transplanted NY'er..
Actually a LI'er... =))

As always Switched.. My hat is off to you and I'm glad we had this conversation..
You have had me on my toes though. LOL..
I thought I was going to be debating some things with ya, glad not.. I don't debate.. Hehehe..
I would just shut the hell up and not type anymore.
I understand the qwhole chinese thing with selling their Mother.
I don't think Joye is holding anything over Janty's head.. Just a contract that prob. they both signed as these things take place when certain comp. want to 'design' products.
But alas I'm sure there will be more for us to chat about in the near future with all this.
I just want to say one last thing here..
Now I know Mik had said something interesting about the XL batts but for the life of me I just can't find it..
Something just keeps nawing at the back of my brain about a little tidbit he said..
Oh well.
Never cared for the XL batts but still want the other stuff.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I hear ya good buddy. I know there is a lot of things we can't discuss publicly. Being a mod ya got my e-mail shoot me one if you feel the need. I don't debate either, but I do have allot of concerns and furstrations LOL.

BTW got the P18 today. I am thoroughly disappointed it didn't come with a one of a kind ding, dent or scratch;) Comparatively speaking same size as the Chameleon, but sports an 18650 engine. Later...

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Somehow, I missed the existence of this group until now.

Introductions? Hmmmm, some of you recognize me, but even you don't know much about me. I'm a Floridian who desperately wants to be an Oregonian (it WILL happen). 56 years old, 35 years as a smoker, single, Smoke free since 1/15/2010. TorneGo has been mainstay for a the past few months. Dabbling in DIY juice for a while. Drive a tiny car, and am an enthusiast. Prefers small breasts too (hush). Liberal with some conservative views. Strongly in favor of free speech and against Tea Party "hurray, I'm an idiot", Palin nonsense. Coin collector. Scientifically oriented. Old hippie.

so, I'm introduced.

Last edited:

Raudoc

Aug 18, 2010
Casa Grande, AZ
well i guess ill just pop in here and say that im a proud owner of an ego. i have had for almost 2 weeks now and am enjoying it. i was a smoker for only about 12 years or so and then just dropped that habbit but the craveings were still there espicaly while driving. im going to school right now to get my cdl and am looking forward to getting a job as a trucker. i realy didnt want to have a relapse when im on the road and start smoking agian. my friend got me looking at ecigs and pointed me twards the ego as it has a good bat life. so far im noticeing that im more focused sleeping better and most importantly the cravings are gone. im currently vaping 6mg mentha from vt i have an order of 12mg juice of differant flavors comming form freedomsmokeuas. trying some highter nic juice to see how it feals and hopefully i can maby cut down on how much im vaping by increasing the nic not sure but just experimenting right now also still looking for more good flavors, love the mentha thoguh. oh im 28 m living in casa grande az.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread