IPV 400, anybody else get one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Thanks @Nailz. Since it's one of the most used parts on the mod, aside from the fire button, I get nervous with hinges. It's just a pin through a molded piece. With all the use, I could see it being a weak point. The reason I passed on the Cuboid and the sig/fuchai is due to the hinge.

Maybe it's not rational.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Hard to tell how long these hinges might last. I've had the Sig 213 for about 3 months, no discernible change in the door. Just too new to have an idea. My view is, what regulated mod will still be working in 3, 5, or 8 years and why did it fail? I'm not sure if I would depend on one of these if it were the only mod I had for the foreseeable future. That's why I have stocked up with 7 regulated mods and may just add an 8th with the 6X.

Bad news is, I have no idea how long any of them will continue to perform. Good news is, I don't have to stockpile for as long as many others do. Did I really just say that? :eek:

Reactions: MMW and Nailz

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I was thinking of getting this and a 6. Seems like the same battery door, which is my only concern. I reckon the chips are fairly similar, SX330, except for the F4 and F6 descriptions on each.

So, the battery doors and contacts..... How do you guys feel about them?

For TC
IPV6x support SS316
wherelse IPV400 supports SS304
without the need to resort to TCR

I like bottom feed batteries mechanism, because it saves me the trouble to take off skin cover of my mod (if I use one) in order to replace batteries.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
I'm something of an IPV fan. My ancient IPV3 (not the LI, the quirky original one with screw on battery door and non-functional touch sensor/charging port) is still going strong after 2 years of daily use. So I seriously considered a 400 during stock up. But I love everything about my 5 so much (form factor, styling, performance) that I invested in 2 more of those instead. Honestly, the battery door is what scared me off. I have a 213 and while I haven't done much more than open it up and test it, it seems like that battery door is going to break at some point. I really prefer the metal, magnetic doors on the original Fuchai (I have another of those in stash too) and IPV5. Also, not a big deal but the 400's two tone "styling" kind of reminds me of an old Ford Club Wagon van. I may still drop dime on one at some point in the near future, but I'm happy with my 5's and really more interested in the IPV6.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
more interested in the IPV6

Made the trek to my vape shop yesterday, first time since the regs. Asked if they were getting in the 6X and he said there may be a recall on them (reverse battery protection problem or something like that), so wasn't sure if/when they might get them in. But did pick up the SMOK Alien kit and really liking that mod at this early stage. Haven't tried the TFV8 Baby tank yet. Seems like a lot are coming out with that battery door now.

Reactions: jambi

Ajsin11950

Sep 17, 2016
Heya,

I really started vaping all day / everyday instead of cigs like a month ago. I picked up the blue / silver IPV 400 from a local shop when I started and have been using it non - stop since. So far so good for me. It does everything it's supposed to do well, I love it.

I've got 2 of the silver / yellow mxjo batteries in it and same thing, I charge it at night when I'm sleeping and it has no issue going for me all day. I'm using a TFV8 with it and on average I go through about 4-6 tanks a day but like I said I haven't had to charge it at all during the day.

Definitely gets high marks from me...

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I charge it at night when I'm sleeping

I think I have seen this or similar comments previously in this thread as well and wanted to mention that some express concern about charging batteries "unattended" or overnight while sleeping. Just some food for thought and might be worth some research.

Ajsin11950

Sep 17, 2016
I think I have seen this or similar comments previously in this thread as well and wanted to mention that some express concern about charging batteries "unattended" or overnight while sleeping. Just some food for thought and might be worth some research.

...your comment and five minutes w/ google just convinced me I seriously need to change some habits and pay more attention to what I'm doing with my batteries.

Thank you.

Ajsin11950

Sep 17, 2016
Made the trek to my vape shop yesterday, first time since the regs. Asked if they were getting in the 6X and he said there may be a recall on them (reverse battery protection problem or something like that), so wasn't sure if/when they might get them in. But did pick up the SMOK Alien kit and really liking that mod at this early stage. Haven't tried the TFV8 Baby tank yet. Seems like a lot are coming out with that battery door now.

Great timing! lol, I was thinking about posting a thread asking opinions on both the mod and tank. The mod looks pretty cool and I heard updating the firmware takes care of any potential misfiring and that pretty much seemed like the only real negative I could find. I was thinking about using the smoke alien mod as a backup and the baby beast instead of the original TFV8 that I'm using now to try to cut down on how much juice I'm using. When you do try that tank out please let us know what you think. I've read the reviews but nothing beats owner / user experience..

--Thanks again!

Reactions: OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Great timing! lol, I was thinking about posting a thread asking opinions on both the mod and tank. The mod looks pretty cool and I heard updating the firmware takes care of any potential misfiring and that pretty much seemed like the only real negative I could find. I was thinking about using the smoke alien mod as a backup and the baby beast instead of the original TFV8 that I'm using now to try to cut down on how much juice I'm using. When you do try that tank out please let us know what you think. I've read the reviews but nothing beats owner / user experience..

--Thanks again!

In spite of needing more frequent fills, I am all over the Alien kit! As I mentioned in another thread, this is the first vape that it is better that I not use while driving, but goes great on the front porch.

Reactions: Ajsin11950

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com

--Thanks again!
You can't update the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread