Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
From HERE: AWT 40A 3000mAh 18650 Bench Retest Results...only a 20A battery, damaged at over 30A

"AWT 40A 3000mAh 18650 Bench Retest Results...only a 20A battery, damaged at over 30A

Bottom Line: In my opinion, this is a confusingly labeled 3000mAh battery with only a 20A continuous discharge rating (CDR). It gets badly damaged from just one discharge at 35A and 40A. Its appearance is close to the HG2's but its performance is just below it. Its pulse performance is average for a 20A cell, up to about 40A without the voltage sagging very low or overheating."

Cheers
I

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
It isn't a 40a CDR cell, it is a falsely labeled 20a CDR cell.

There are much better choices,
Samsung 30q 3000mah 20a CDR
LgHg2 3000mah 18ish a CDR
Sony vtc6 3000mah 19ish a CDR
or
Sony vtc5A must be ‘A’ 2500mah 25a CDR
Lg HD2 2000mah 25a CDR
LgHD 2C 2100 mah 25a CDR

Always best to only buy batteries from reputable vendors / dealers to avoid getting counterfeit, re wrap, falsely labeled lesser quality cells.
I buy mine from ---> Batteries and Chargers

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I don't use falsely labeled cells, at all.
They can & frequently do change the cell used under the wrap.

'Safe' to use would depend on the power range you intend to vape, and, if the cell underneath the wrap is equal to those mooch tested, no way to tell.

If you must use it I'd guess you'd be okay if kept under 30w until you get some quality name brand cells to use.
Again, guess, no guarantee.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If it blows up (the battery) it certainly will. I'd agree with getting something safer ASAP. Don't leave the battery in your mod overnight. Don't sleep with it. Don't leave it in your pocket with the battery in it. Carry the battery in a safe carrying case.
IMO, it's not worth damaging a mod over a battery, but if you're going to use it to vape, I'd listen to the experts here about how to handle it until you can get a better battery.

Anna

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Alright thank you for the information. But it won't damage my mod right?

Are you actually asking a question or asking & answering your own question if the answers you receive aren't what you want to hear.

I don't use nor recommend using any 're wrap' falsely labeled cells, at all.
No one can say what exact cell is under the wrap, might be a semi decent 20a CDR, but it might also be a reject 6.8a CDR cell.
Chances are it is somewhere between, but no one can say for sure.

Jordann

Jun 22, 2017
Are you actually asking a question or asking & answering your own question if the answers you receive aren't what you want to hear.

I don't use nor recommend using any 're wrap' falsely labeled cells, at all.
No one can say what exact cell is under the wrap, might be a semi decent 20a CDR, but it might also be a reject 6.8a CDR cell.
Chances are it is somewhere between, but no one can say for sure.
Alright thanks

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    i would get new batts from trusted vendors like imrbatteries, liionwholesale. stick to the ones mentioned by Topwater elvis. no telling whats under that awt but im guessing you've been vaping on it for a bit now, does the battery get hot/warm? Just be cautious and dont chain vape. your drawing about 12 amps from the awt battery lets hope its a rewrapped 20amp cdr. Heres a link to an amp draw calculator for regulated mods. just leave the efficiency at 90%

Regulated Mod Amp Draw Calculator

Reactions: Jordann

Jordann

Jun 22, 2017
    i would get new batts from trusted vendors like imrbatteries, liionwholesale. stick to the ones mentioned by Topwater elvis. no telling whats under that awt but im guessing you've been vaping on it for a bit now, does the battery get hot/warm? Just be cautious and dont chain vape. your drawing about 12 amps from the awt battery lets hope its a rewrapped 20amp cdr. Heres a link to an amp draw calculator for regulated mods. just leave the efficiency at 90%

Regulated Mod Amp Draw Calculator
    What do u mean by chain vape. Well I have being using it for a while now it doesn't get hot just a bit warm and that's about it. So if it stays below 20amp (if the battery is 20amp rewrapped) I should be find right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread