Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Good thread to follow.

D2 takes 10 seconds to swap out a battery. If you planned on pushing Max wattage batteries will go rather quickly.
For the average user, commonly 20w-35w it's a great mod with lots of head room for experimenting.
Small form factor restricts it to a single 18650 but makes it much more convenient to carry.
IPV4s is obviously the better choice for longer battery time or higher power users.

Reactions: smacksy

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I've only had the IPV mini 70w for a few weeks and I already want this one. Where does it end? I too am interested in finding out if everyone likes this as much as they did the IPV mini. The mini is very heavy, is the D2 made of plastic or metal? Does it outweigh the mini or say an istick 50?
IPV has really got my attention now, I will say the mini is my favorite mod so far.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
And for the negative .... Everyone says the paint don't last.

God only knows what this mod looks like after the paint starts peeling off.

Well, I'm a week in with no marks or peeling. I do not pocket, but have a holster to carry.
I doubt it would hold up to keys and change but a lot of mods don't.

DRLyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
And for the negative .... Everyone says the paint don't last.

God only knows what this mod looks like after the paint starts peeling off.
I ordered one today, also. Looking forward to getting it. As for paint holding up, I bet it still looks better than my Vapor Sharks :)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Did it come with a silicon sleeve and do you use it?

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Yes it did and No I don't.
Kind of defeats the purpose of a quick change battery. I also received a Carbon Fiber Skin for the battery cover, but have not installed it yet.(dealer included)

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Did it come with a silicon sleeve and do you use it?

When I started using the silicon sleeves on my mods, they developed signs of humidity on the inside of the screen (i.e. the inside of the protective plastic over the LEDs). I stopped using them the minute I noticed what was happening (never happened before I started using the sleeves) but the haze and tiny specs of condensation have not gone away. I would stay clear of them.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
When you charge the D2 via the supplied charge cord how can you tell when its fully charged?
I'm expecting mine to be delivered today and was wondering if a light or something is used during charging...I'm kinda hoping I could charge it with the silicon sleeve still on it...and I'm hoping for decent run times between charges....thx

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
When I started using the silicon sleeves on my mods, they developed signs of humidity on the inside of the screen (i.e. the inside of the protective plastic over the LEDs). I stopped using them the minute I noticed what was happening (never happened before I started using the sleeves) but the haze and tiny specs of condensation have not gone away. I would stay clear of them.
Do you live in a State that has high humidity? I live in sunny (and hot!)
southern California where humidity is really low...just curious, thx

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
When you charge the D2 via the supplied charge cord how can you tell when its fully charged?
I'm expecting mine to be delivered today and was wondering if a light or something is used during charging...I'm kinda hoping I could charge it with the silicon sleeve still on it...and I'm hoping for decent run times between charges....thx

Bottom has an LED and the Battery Display will show a full battery. I never Mod Charge though.

Rice will get rid of the condensation/droplets. Lay the Mod(opened) in a baggy with Rice for a day or two.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Bottom has an LED and the Battery Display will show a full battery. I never Mod Charge though.

Rice will get rid of the condensation/droplets. Lay the Mod(opened) in a baggy with Rice for a day or two.
Will the led go out when the unit is fully charged?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Will the led go out when the unit is fully charged?

Good Question, no clue.
Again, I do Not Mod charge.

I dug out my D2 manual and it does not specify indicator change.
Tossed mine on the charger to check:
24w capable wall wart to usb/round pin cable
*Red LED when connected
Swapped to Fresh Sony on 20w
* 5 minutes, LED OUT
Test Complete

So, even though Documentation is weak, it seems the LED will go out once the Battery is fully Charged.

Back to Swapping fresh batteries, charged in a proper charger:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread