Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Good Question, no clue.
Again, I do Not mod charge.

I dug out my D2 manual and it does not specify indicator change.
Tossed mine on the charger to check:
24w capable wall wart to usb/round pin cable
*Red LED when connected
Swapped to Fresh Sony on 20w
* 5 minutes, LED OUT
Test Complete

So, even though Documentation is weak, it seems the LED will go out once the Battery is fully Charged.

Back to Swapping fresh batteries, charged in a proper charger:D
Thx bro!
I've got a few dual batt mods and alot of batts to charge and only one good 4 bay charger. With the addition of the D2 and because I like the silicon sleeve I was maybe thinking about using the charge cord.. thx for the test...[emoji4]
1a3fdb9c145c09efe70874c62b4f5fdc.jpg

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Yeah, I caught that story when it broke on another forum..
He stated that even though it was not on the charger the board shorted on the positive pin on the batt tray..this is what motivated me to pull my boards..here is the pic he posted after taking the mod apart..you can clearly see the fried charging board,..
e4da57be04b54893d287b61925071c5c.jpg

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Charging board is untouched, chip is toast.

You video is unsupported so we can't watch it..this thread is about the IPVD2..
there are several threads on the IPV4 already ..might consider reading those
as we don't want to hijack this D2 topic..
Good luck and vape safe!

itskohler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Aventura, FL
Its not a video, its the innards of my IPV4, no idea why it wont load correctly. My thread on Reddit has been used an absurd amount of times in those threads, pretty familiar with them. Just making sure you are aware that the IPV4 has had documented issues outside of the charging board. And please, do vape safe.

Reactions: smacksy

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Its not a video, its the innards of my IPV4, no idea why it wont load correctly. My thread on Reddit has been used an absurd amount of times in those threads, pretty familiar with them. Just making sure you are aware that the IPV4 has had documented issues outside of the charging board. And please, do vape safe.

A rare and unfortunate occurrence. Sorry for your Mod loss, but it us not a Common issue. Only the Charging board has a reputation for causing failures.

Yihi Main boards rarely show any issues.
IPV designed the Casing and layout of components.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Hey guys, I've had the D2 for awhile now and really like it.. But noticed the mod and 5v wall charger get a little warm charging with the supplied cord.. Is this normal?
I'm supposing it is for my cell phone and charger get a little warm too..but I just want to be sure, as I'm really liking this little mod with the silicon sleeve..thx

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Had mine about a week now, really enjoy it. My IPV mini 70w lost contact due to changing batteries over and over. Had to take it apart and resolder the leads. Happened three times, and then this d2 came out. Paint finish is much better then my mini, and it also came with a silicone sleeve. Battery life in temp mode is much shorter then in wattage mode I'm noticing.

My KS RTA Arived today: ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC COMBO. 7 ml juice capacity, and entire build is shorter then all my other RTAs. Very small rig right now.

Reactions: smacksy

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Had mine about a week now, really enjoy it. My IPV mini 70w lost contact due to changing batteries over and over. Had to take it apart and resolder the leads. Happened three times, and then this d2 came out. Paint finish is much better then my mini, and it also came with a silicone sleeve. Battery life in temp mode is much shorter then in wattage mode I'm noticing.

My KS RTA Arived today: ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC COMBO. 7 ml juice capacity, and entire build is shorter then all my other RTAs. Very small rig right now.
Post a pic maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread