Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
So the reason is; I need a mini single 18650 box which will look good with spheroids, kayfun minis etc...

I already have nicer devices (usually mechs) for when I need them so...
Would you get the ipv d3 + sigelei fuchai or the spark? Any two of them is about the same price as the lavabox or, would you get the lavabox for £99.99?
Or perhaps an unregulated box which is small?

Any other suggestions would be great though. Criteria is;
Single 18650
Very small.

That's it

Thanks

Last edited:

dave51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
oklahoma
The IPV D3 is small I have one thats been used almost exclusively for the last 6 months and still working fine
It will handle 25mm tanks
Does not do ss coils
The paint has started coming off mine but i carry it in a pocket with keys and other stuff
Battery usage is good

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The IPV D3 is small I have one thats been used almost exclusively for the last 6 months and still working fine
It will handle 25mm tanks
Does not do ss coils
The paint has started coming off mine but i carry it in a pocket with keys and other stuff
Battery usage is good

I would second it at a good price. For me it's watt only as my builds are SS, but it's small, unobtrusive, and bought on sale for $20. For that price it's the perfect beater. However, if you are buying it at "full price" (whatever that is but higher than $20) you should look for other, better value options.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
I went from the wonderful 30w Sigelei Mini to the Spark when it came out and the Spark flat out sucked. I went with the Spark over the regular Fuchai after reading QC horror stories about them. I liked the form factor of it (my Kayfun 5 is taller than the mod itself), but Sigelei is now using their own chips instead of Yihi (which the Mini used) and the Spark was terrible as far as battery efficiency goes. Sigelei in general seems to have gone a bit downhill from a year or two ago. I replaced it about 2-3 months later when I found an HCigar VT75 (DNA75 chipset) for $50 on sale. The DNA rules, and if anything goes wrong with the electronics, I get warranty service from Evolv here in the US. If you've got the money, get the Lavabox, second choice would be the iPV.

Reactions: daviedog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread