IPV Mini II...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_dabz

Jul 24, 2013
Peoria, AZ, USA
I've been using the ipv mini 2 exclusively for a couple weeks now and I must say I love it! Coming off of cloud chasing .2 ohms on a mech I was kinda worried 70W wouldnt be enough but I've been rockin .5 ohm coils at 40W and thats producing more than enough vapor for my liking. Only problem so far is the battery cap is very cheaply made. Lots of people saying they stripped the threads by dropping it once. Buuuttt, looky what i just found IPV Mini Replacement Battery Caps

Reactions: Heavy_H2O

dj_dabz

Jul 24, 2013
Peoria, AZ, USA
i bought one last night. I havent screwed up my threads yet but I am having a tiny little problem thats only gonna get worse. I went to hit my mod and i noticed there was no display on the screen. Like the mod turned itself off or something. I believe i figure out the problem. On the inside of the battery cap, the chrome finish on the little piece that makes contact with the battery is getting scratched off. I searched some forums to see if anyone else had this problem and there was one guy who had a similar issue. His quick fix was to put a tiny piece of tin foil between the battery cap and the battery. Well I tried it and it seems to be a good temporary fix til my new cap gets here

dj_dabz

Jul 24, 2013
Peoria, AZ, USA
my replacement cap just came in the mail. unfortunately it is not any better quality than the original like I thought. Threads are kinda funky, worse than the original. and it weighs a half gram less than the original cap. I'll probably continue to use the original cap until it completely gives out then switch to the replacement. kinda disappointed to be honest but i guess it's better to have a crappy backup than no backup at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread