iPV Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
I'm with Kat of this, Darryl. I've purchased a whole gang of stuff in 3+ years yet never stepped foot into a single shop.

Amazon loves me too.

I'll purchase attys, juice, and supplies online and with frequency lately. But I doubt I'd ever buy a mod (regulated especially) online. I had a bad iPV mini II right outta the box and luckily I hadn't stepped foot out the store yet. I wanted to make sure it was working and it didn't! Matter of fact it had a direct short, was off and no atty on it yet.... ruined an LG batt!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'll purchase attys, juice, and supplies online and with frequency lately. But I doubt I'd ever buy a mod (regulated especially) online. I had a bad iPV mini II right outta the box and luckily I hadn't stepped foot out the store yet. I wanted to make sure it was working and it didn't! Matter of fact it had a direct short, was off and no atty on it yet.... ruined an LG batt!

I'll knock on wood.

I've bought, Idunno, at least two or three things (cough) and not a single issue so far. Now watch... :D

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I visited a B&M when I first took up vaping. Small store and I bought my overpriced ego twist kit and some overpriced 5ml juices. Within a month I found online vape gear and have bought all my stash Vamo's, Taifuns, Isticks, IPV's and all accessories and juice online. I have wandered in a shop or two in the last two years and been aghast at the price difference and walked out in shock. I have had to return maybe 1-2 things out of 50 ish. The return was well worth the trouble considering money saved.
I buy from Ebay, Amazon, Temco, Suncoast Tools, MVS, Lightning Vapes, 101Vape, Vaping Beast

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
I visited a B&M when I first took up vaping. Small store and I bought my overpriced ego twist kit and some overpriced 5ml juices. Within a month I found online vape gear and have bought all my stash Vamo's, Taifuns, Isticks, IPV's and all accessories and juice online. I have wandered in a shop or two in the last two years and been aghast at the price difference and walked out in shock. I have had to return maybe 1-2 things out of 50 ish. The return was well worth the trouble considering money saved.
I buy from Ebay, Amazon, Temco, Suncoast Tools, MVS, Lightning Vapes, 101Vape, Vaping Beast

Same here! Local shops for me are novelty shops imo... or not so local. I've shopped with great success online and always hop in the ecf deals and steals thread to find discount codes!

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
Same here! Local shops for me are novelty shops imo... or not so local. I've shopped with great success online and always hop in the ecf deals and steals thread to find discount codes!

About the only thing I would purchase at a B&M besides a mod is new juices. I like the fact that my local shop and many others in my area allow you to taste first. I've got a lot of eliq that I bought online that I just don't like... $ thrown down the toilet. At least I can try first at the B&M buy one from them, then buy more online!

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I would like this aspect too. Unfortunately the B&M's in my neck of the woods carry very little that I haven't already tried and don't like. I do not like most of the trendy juices.
About the only thing I would purchase at a B&M besides a mod is new juices. I like the fact that my local shop and many others in my area allow you to taste first. I've got a lot of eliq that I bought online that I just don't like... $ thrown down the toilet. At least I can try first at the B&M buy one from them, then buy more online!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I bought IPV 70w. Like it, but after reading slightly concerned about auto fire. How often is that and what causes it? I apoligize as its probably been covered before in 160 pages. The other concern is, at present I dont own battery charger and have to use USB port to charge it. How safe or unsafe is that?

I think the problem you read about was a defect that fired as soon as the battery was installed. This is what is considered a one off - a very rare failure or issue. Perhaps a bridged solder problem or in transit damage, but rare.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland

If I had bought my IPV Mini at one of my local B&M's, I would have paid forty bucks! more than I paid for it from myvaporstore. When it comes to the fancy juices, I like brick and mortars so I can try before I buy. But when it comes to gear, I shop exclusively online. The ONE time I had a problem with a battery (the Silenus from Hoosier Ecigs), I shipped it back on Hoosier's dime (they sent me an envelope) and Hoosier replaced it for free.

IMHO, buying mods, regulated mods or something as simple as a Vision Spinner at a brick and mortar is a good way to throw money away. I'm not talking about saving a few dollars here...more like paying twice as much.

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
If I had bought my IPV Mini at one of my local B&M's, I would have paid forty bucks! more than I paid for it from myvaporstore. When it comes to the fancy juices, I like brick and mortars so I can try before I buy. But when it comes to gear, I shop exclusively online. The ONE time I had a problem with a battery (the Silenus from Hoosier Ecigs), I shipped it back on Hoosier's dime (they sent me an envelope) and Hoosier replaced it for free.

IMHO, buying mods, regulated mods or something as simple as a Vision Spinner at a brick and mortar is a good way to throw money away. I'm not talking about saving a few dollars here...more like paying twice as much.

Yeah, I'm getting tired of the high prices and the "stories" I'm getting from my local shop lately. I do like to sample juice though...

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Have not had any incidents with hot fires since I learned to set my IPV properly. Thanks CRXESS. I use DC-DC for under 12 watts.
Now my question is what do we do when we accidently set it Mobile ON? Not sure how it happens to end up there but have had some close calls and all I knew to do was pull the battery out. By the time I managed this my juice was burnt

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Have not had any incidents with hot fires since I learned to set my IPV properly. Thanks CRXESS. I use DC-DC for under 12 watts.
Now my question is what do we do when we accidently set it Mobile ON? Not sure how it happens to end up there but have had some close calls and all I knew to do was pull the battery out. By the time I managed this my juice was burnt

One of the best and worst features of this mod is the Operators Manual........Still a good idea to read through it.
+/- together toggle Mobile Mode on/off

militantomg

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2015
NYC
I own both iPV Mini's so I figured I'd just give some important notes for anyone possibly considering one. I've had them both going on about 2 months and have used them heavily.

iPV Mini 30w Black: -Firing button is starting to get slightly sticky... hasn't actually stuck yet, just doesn't seem to be wearing as nicely. Also the finish on the black paint as mentioned everywhere else, is really bad and I was careful with mine and still have flakes missing everywhere. The paint even chipped off the firing button. Functionally, it's performed perfectly, mine also doesn't seem to auto-fire when turning mobile on either, so there's that.

iPV Mini 2 70w Silver: This one has been stellar, however mine came with the common un-even 510. One side of the 510 was slightly higher than the other, and just above the surface of the device, so this caused probably a 1-1.5MM gap with most tanks. My solution was to use a large round brass punch which was wider than the diameter of the 510, but just smaller than the deck, probably an 18mm brass punch. I gave it a few light-moderate wacks with a brass hammer, and this made my connection flush, and now everything is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread