IPV Vesta Battery Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGordito

Aug 6, 2013
Michigan
I am having a weird problem with my IPV Vesta. I put 2 freshly charged batteries in. When I turned it on, both A and B batteries read as full. When I pressed the fire button, battery A reads empty while B is full. When I let go of the button, both batteries A and B reads full. I have tried 8 different batteries, all full, and each time, only battery A will read empty when I press the button. Im afraid that only one battery is supplying all of the power and working too hard which may cause an issue. Any ideas? Thanks

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Could try cleaning out your battery ports, one may be gunked up? Has this always happened or is it a recent development?

Other than that, I have no idea, might be an electrical issue with the mod. Is it new? If so, perhaps taking it to the B&M you bought it from (or, if online, just a B&M that seems knowledgeable, they may be able to help you trouble shoot). If it continues, maybe it's under warranty?

I'm wondering if there's a setting that would allow for that kind of behavior on your mod, but I'm doubtful about it. May want to look at some videos on YouTube not so much for the review, but to demonstrate mod features, to see if there's something going on with your settings. Again, I'm doubtful about that but you never know.

Best of luck, I'm sure someone will be along who knows that mod/electronics in general better, and may be able to help! :)

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Maybe a dumb question, but have you tried swapping the cells that go in slots A and B?

What brand and model are the batteries, and are they married, used only in that mod together?

Both batteries are same brand, same model, both bought together?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
He said he tried it with 8 different batteries, (I was assuming they were married) but I guess it's possible that one of the charger ports in the charger may have failed, so if he puts the batteries into the mod with the same A and B battery each time (I surely don't, but some people are ritualistic like that or label their batteries) swapping them might help, I guess in case it is the charger. It sounds more like an electrical thing to me, but again, I'm not an expert....

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
If the batteries are being swapped, and both are known to be fully charged, then the problem could be with the inability of the mod's chipset to draw power from both batteries. That indicates a factory defect.

I'd like to know the battery brand/model because one of them may be incapable of delivering the requested current. If both batteries are the same, and they're married, and they're capable of delivering the requested current, then the problem is almost certainly with the mod.

Process of elimination ;)

CC54

Sep 11, 2017
If the batteries are being swapped, and both are known to be fully charged, then the problem could be with the inability of the mod's chipset to draw power from both batteries. That indicates a factory defect.

I'd like to know the battery brand/model because one of them may be incapable of delivering the requested current. If both batteries are the same, and they're married, and they're capable of delivering the requested current, then the problem is almost certainly with the mod.

Process of elimination ;)
Thx for this "Vapor Blessing" and info.

BigGordito

Aug 6, 2013
Michigan
All of the batteries I have are the LG HG2 18650 3000mAh (brown wrap). I have tried switching the batteries many times, swapping the ones in the mod and changing them completely. They are always fully charged. This just started happening yesterday. I have had the mod for about 4 months and never had an issue.

Late last night, everything went back to normal without me doing anything to the mod. I thought it was fixed. Was also fine this morning. I set it down on a table while I was at work for about 10 hours, mod was on but locked. When I picked it back up, same issue. I took a look at the ports, and they look normal, no gunk build up or anything.

I contacted pioneer4you and explained the problem. Waiting to hear back from them. Thanks for the replies!

BigGordito

Aug 6, 2013
Michigan
So, I have an interesting update. I put a full battery into slot A (which shows empty when firing) and a dead battery in slot B (which shows full when firing). Results: when not firing, slot A is full and slot B is empty. When firing, slot A is empty and slot B is full and mod is fully functional.

Maybe slot A is defective, and because the battery in the slot is full while slot B's battery is empty, somehow the mod is pulling power from the battery in slot A, which is defective, and substituting it into slot B, which is working but has a dead battery, to power the mod. A bit far fetched. Or, maybe both slots are working, but the mods ability to read the power of the batteries is not functioning properly.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If your mod is running in series, not parallel, (which I think many if not most do but I am hazy on this concept?) I guess this could make sense... The battery is still being used, even if the mod is not showing it as fully charged when you fire...? With that said, I'd still hope to remedy the problem, so I hope your vendor gets back to you regarding the issue. It seems so odd that a mod would read a battery as dead but still fire it, but honestly when it comes to electronics I am a total twit, so I wouldn't be the best person to ask. I'm wondering if it could be an arcane *setting* thing you are running into, but again, I'm not familiar with the mod, so I couldn't really say.

Best of luck with it! To me, it sounds like the electronics are going a bit haywire somewhere. I'd be hesitant to run the mod, but I tend to be ultra cautious with that stuff. May want to look at some YouTube demos online, though, to rule out a settings issue (though I cannot see any rationale for having such a setting, but perhaps there is one... IDK).

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Definitely sounds like a hardware issue. A software/firmware problem is always repeatable. Send the same instruction to the processor and the program makes the same mistake. Hardware problems (loose, faulty connection, sick capacitor, stuck toggle, moisture, ad infinitum) show up when they feel like showing up.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, that's a good point. If it worked briefly-- even for a bit-- it's likely a loose wire or connection somewhere. I'm guessing a good electronics person might be able to remedy it. If you have a *knowledgeable* vape Brick and Mortar store somewhere it may be worth going in. That's sometimes a tall order, but a vape shop near me had an employee who was just fantastic with electronics. He fixed many a mod for me that I thought was total toast, the most memorable being a stick Something (this was a while ago) that I dropped, and it looked like the leaning tower of Piza, only with wires sticking out where it had "tilted" and come apart. I was pretty sure it was toast and actually looking to just replace it, but he fixed it totally for me in about 5 minutes, and didn't charge me a penny.... A good vaping store is great to have, and I'm lucky to have that nearby, where I am. Hopefully your vendor will be able to assist, though, if nothing else. Best of luck.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread