IPv4 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I purchased the ipv4, and while the device is great, I'm having issues in temp mode with dry hits. I'm using 28g nickel wire (vaporshark wire). Still getting dry hits in temp mode.

Am I doing something wrong? Are my joules too high? I'm new to the whole temp mode/nickel thing, but a vet at building in general, so feel free not to dumb responses down for me.

Was I supposed to update my firmware? I was under the impression that the updated models were the ones that came with temp mode. I can't even find firmware that is dated as a recent update anywhere online. If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

PS: I've included a photo of the wire I'm using.

Thank you all so much
Dan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 39

SF0059

Verified Member
Mar 19, 2015
Lynchburg, VA
You need to check the room temp resistance of the atomizer and then set the resistance on the device. TC mods will ofter read the resistance high when you first set it. If the resistance on the mod sets higher than the coil actually is, it will result in dry burns.

I doubt it is a hot spot as long as you are using a non-contact coil.

Reactions: sando7

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
the above poster SF0059 is quite correct.....at room temp both device and atty press the up/down buttons at the same time and set your resistance, then dial in your preferred temp & joules.....if your using rayon you can set the temp at default which i believe is 450f, if cotton i would suggest about 430.....play w/it (temp/joules) until you dial it in for your preferance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread