Status
Not open for further replies.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Yes I did
It is a shame that P4U hurriedly released the ipv 6X and ultimately treated its customers as beta testers/guinea pigs. However, I can't say I was not warned about P4U's darker side.

I have the ver 1.3 as well. Whilst it is a nice mod and a definite improvement from the ver 1.2, it irks me knowing I won't be vaping TC on it.

Sent via Tapatalk, using my 404 Error. Not found.

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
I just purchased an IPV6X and a Cleito tank yesterday and I couldn't find an external battery charger anyway. The store I buy from told me that they will be receiving some on Sunday. Is it safe to charge it using USB for the time being? I'm still three to four days away from being able to buy an external battery charger.

I just don't want to ruin it the mod or have it blowing up in my face. lol

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I just purchased an IPV6X and a Cleito tank yesterday and I couldn't find an external battery charger anyway. The store I buy from told me that they will be receiving some on Sunday. Is it safe to charge it using USB for the time being? I'm still three to four days away from being able to buy an external battery charger.

I just don't want to ruin it the mod or have it blowing up in my face. lol
It doesn't do balance charging, while I believe it's relatively safe one of the batteries won't get fully charged.

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
It doesn't do balance charging, while I believe it's relatively safe one of the batteries won't get fully charged.
Yeah, I left it charging for around two hours today and one battery was 4.20 and the other 3.88 so you're right. Charging it through usb is my only option at the moment so I have to risk it. Do you think there's a risk of chipset failure or burning or anything like that?

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Yeah, I left it charging for around two hours today and one battery was 4.20 and the other 3.88 so you're right. Charging it through usb is my only option at the moment so I have to risk it. Do you think there's a risk of chipset failure or burning or anything like that?
I wouldn't leave it unattended but under the current circumstances I would definitely charge my batteries in it.

Just make sure to rotate them each change.

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
I wouldn't leave it unattended but under the current circumstances I would definitely charge my batteries in it.

Just make sure to rotate them each change.

I let them charge overnight because I had to go to sleep, and I woke up with the exact same stats as the last charge (BATTERY 1 4.20, BATTERY 2 3.88). I then unplugged the USB and rotated the batteries then replugged the USB to see how the stats changed, only to find that they only very slightly did which is odd (BATTERY 1 4.19, BATTERY 2, 3.90).

I'm beginning to think maybe whatever component reads the voltages of the batteries is not accurate?

By the way, I read a lot of posts regarding people unable to turn the mod off, but I'm able to do it using "SYSTEM ON" then pressing any of the two buttons to turn it to "SYSTEM OFF". And I can lock the mod by tapping the vape button twice quickly.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I let them charge overnight because I had to go to sleep, and I woke up with the exact same stats as the last charge (BATTERY 1 4.20, BATTERY 2 3.88). I then unplugged the USB and rotated the batteries then replugged the USB to see how the stats changed, only to find that they only very slightly did which is odd (BATTERY 1 4.19, BATTERY 2, 3.90).

I'm beginning to think maybe whatever component reads the voltages of the batteries is not accurate?

By the way, I read a lot of posts regarding people unable to turn the mod off, but I'm able to do it using "SYSTEM ON" then pressing any of the two buttons to turn it to "SYSTEM OFF". And I can lock the mod by tapping the vape button twice quickly.
When I said rotate I meant after running them down.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
That uneven charge pretty much means that the batteries can't be considered married. If I were you I'd get a new pair of batteries when you get the battery charger.

Sent from my X5pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: MMW

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
That uneven charge pretty much means that the batteries can't be considered married. If I were you I'd get a new pair of batteries when you get the battery charger.

Sent from my X5pro using Tapatalk

Only if vaping high wattage though, otherwise it is totally fine.

I mostly vape from 50W to 75W, so is that okay?

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
Everything is perfect with this device ecept the dreaded battery door!!!You have to be really careful with it

I agree and it is absolutely annoying how it just suddenly opens and the batteries fly out of the mod. I am still waiting on the cases I bought for it to arrive.

I've had this mod for about a week now and I must say I am not impressed by its build quality at all. The vaping experience itself is satisfying with the Cleito tank in terms of flavor and clouds, however the mod itself is not built well, in my opinion. Mine just randomly drops wattage to 10W or increases it to 100W sometimes while it is just lying down on its side, and NOT the one with the buttons. And today it just randomly displayed a message regarding the ohms, which said something like (Set ohms to 0.15) or such but I do not remember exactly, and then it worked again.

Has anyone else experienced this? And how do I know which firmware is on this mod? And is there anyway of downgrading or upgrading it via USB? Thanks!

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I agree and it is absolutely annoying how it just suddenly opens and the batteries fly out of the mod. I am still waiting on the cases I bought for it to arrive.

I've had this mod for about a week now and I must say I am not impressed by its build quality at all. The vaping experience itself is satisfying with the Cleito tank in terms of flavor and clouds, however the mod itself is not built well, in my opinion. Mine just randomly drops wattage to 10W or increases it to 100W sometimes while it is just lying down on its side, and NOT the one with the buttons. And today it just randomly displayed a message regarding the ohms, which said something like (Set ohms to 0.15) or such but I do not remember exactly, and then it worked again.

Has anyone else experienced this? And how do I know which firmware is on this mod? And is there anyway of downgrading or upgrading it via USB? Thanks!
By the sounds of it you have yourself the Version 1.2 IPV 6X. To find out which version you have, simply hold the firing button whilst closing the battery door. There are numerous issues with the V1.2, including no locking mode, no reserve battery protection, poor battery door and inaccurate temperature control. Lastly, the IPV 6X is not firmware upgradable.

The V1.2 is being recalled by P4U due to the lack of reserve battery protection. Contact your vendor directly for a faster result, or else contact P4U warranty for a slower one.

Sent via Tapatalk, using my 404 Error. Not found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread