Is 5 weeks a success story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1nitewriter

Nov 6, 2014
Central Virginia
I quit 5 weeks ago. Have tried before -- even tried vaping a few years back. This time it's worked and I've had no cravings. I picked a bad time to switch too. Our first grandchild was born in the summer and the day I bought my ecigs, my 86-yr old father had been in the hospital for 3 days with a heart attack. We were supposed to leave on a 3-week RV road trip and postponed our departure. My dad passed away 5 days after I started vaping and I still didn't switch back. We left on our road trip a week later than we'd planned -- we made the 24 hour trip from home in the mid-Atlantic to visit family in south TX.

Even with all that going on, I haven't wanted a cigarette. My cousins are smokers and we had a family reunion outside and they were all smoking. I just got out my ecig and vaped along with them. I got teased a bit but mostly they were congratulating me on quitting.

I work at home on the computer all day and I still take my "smoke breaks" outside with my ecigs. I have to be up and outside for a few minutes every hour or so or I'll go stir-crazy staring at the computer screen. And the dogs sort of expect our time out on the deck several times a day. But I have to say, I don't miss not having to go outside when it's pouring rain and cold like it's been the past few days.

I've had a couple doctor appts in the past month and now when they ask if I'm a smoker, I can say NO. Finally!!!

Deeo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
That's great! My husband was the same way. He had no craving ,but one day a craving hit out of nowhere and almost sent him back to smoking but he pulled through and hasn't had any cravings in over 7 months now. You are doing awesome!!! Each day that goes by your body is going through more healing and before you know it you will be hitting your next milestone of your quit too :)

quinngia

Moved On
Sep 8, 2014
New York
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That is AWESOME. You've already passed a "stress test".
And more good news -
a) Vaping can actually be a fun hobby - trying different equipment and different flavors, etc.
b) Don't worry if some day you do have a really strong urge and give in - the cigarette, by then, will most likely taste DISGUSTING, and you'll wonder why you did it for so long, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread