• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is anyone still vaping in NW Arkansas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajrily

Oct 24, 2010
AR
Perhaps rivals in marketshare yet comrades in arms against the scourge of death and disease. So poetic huh? :) I pretty much stealth vape at work 'cept for around a few who I knew were open minded enough to listen to the explanation of what it is. So many still uneducated about the whole process but I'm working on it one person at a time. One of our friends (non-medical) that we converted told her doctor about it. This lady has had two CABG surgeries and a valve replacement and her husband died of cancer a few years ago but she still smoked until her daughter (who we converted first) convinced her to give it a try. Her doctor had tried everything short of a double pneumonectomy to get her off the analogs without success. Within one day on the e-cigs she was done with the analogs and after she told her doc he said something to the effect of "I don't care how, when, or where you use it, just use it, this is a miracle". He now passes out cards we had made up to his patients.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Wow, I wander away for awhile and look what happens to this group! I also just sent a link to the sub-forum to another Arkansan that recently joined.

Welcome to everyone, NWA and beyond. :)

I'd say it's definitely time for a NWA get together since the Little Rock area is a bit far for us.

No little one here either Heather. My two just turned 19 and 16, been awhile! :)

sjrily

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
NW Arkansas
I heard the Natrual State Vapers group was livening up!

HeatherBee - I believe we've met! And Dee, I think we've met one of the nurses in your story - wouldn't swear to it, but I'd put a small wager on it :rolleyes:

You think Jose's on Dickson would let us take over the patio area some Saturday?

I fully support a group meet, and would be happy to help pull something together, but in the mean time - what Saturday works for you guys?? :headbang:

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
You think Jose's on Dickson would let us take over the patio area some Saturday?

Probably, but my biggest question is do we want to try to fight the parking wars on Dickson? :laugh: One person might find a decent parking space, half a dozen? I'm not so sure about that one. :)

I heard the Natrual State Vapers group was livening up!

HeatherBee - I believe we've met! And Dee, I think we've met one of the nurses in your story - wouldn't swear to it, but I'd put a small wager on it :rolleyes:

I fully support a group meet, and would be happy to help pull something together, but in the mean time - what Saturday works for you guys?? :headbang:

I'm good for just about any future Saturday with notice, though after the 22nd would probably be best for me.... the 25th maybe? That would keep us away from the holiday.

sjrily

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
NW Arkansas
I'm good for just about any future Saturday with notice, though after the 22nd would probably be best for me.... the 25th maybe? That would keep us away from the holiday.

25th works for me! And where ever does too!

I would love a "vape meet". Unfortunately, I'm still without a car. Saturdays work for me. There's always Whole Hog Barbeque in Rogers that has a patio and apparently ample parking.

We're in Rogers, too, chimney, you always have a ride with us! (though if it's a nice day, we'd likely be on the bikes - we do have an extra helmet :2cool:

I think there are more of us down this way than there are up near Rogers. Of course, You all wouldn't know that since I still don't have my map done : ( Feel free to flog me enthusiastically when we all get together.

I've got a vapers up this way who might be interested. I need to get them on this forum group - see if we can't tilt the map any :laugh:

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
25th works for me! And where ever does too!

We're in Rogers, too, chimney, you always have a ride with us! (though if it's a nice day, we'd likely be on the bikes - we do have an extra helmet :2cool:

I've got a vapers up this way who might be interested. I need to get them on this forum group - see if we can't tilt the map any :laugh:

Lol I don't mind the drive up to Rogers if we want to hold it up there, and although I don't presume to talk for chimney, it would give her a ride that isn't on the back of a motorcycle! :laugh:

If the Rogers venue works for everyone else we'll let you be in charge of the place sj, since you know the area. Someplace with a reasonably priced menu and big patio. Chimney mentioned Whole Hog, but I know that their quality varies by location. The one here is great but the one in Ft. Smith is horrid. :p I don't know anything about the one up there.

What do you think Dee? Or did you have your heart set on Jose's? :)

Last edited:

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Of course you have a vote sj, you're a NWA vaper aren't ya? :D

Alright, Jose's it is then. From their website I am of the understanding that they don't have Sunday hours, so it will have to be Saturday, and if we want to chat we'll need to be there before live music in the evening. They open at 11am, so lunch/brunch? What time works best for everyone? I can do whenever, but do need to pin one down so I can tell my realtor. She was unable to show the two houses we're looking at in Springdale this weekend so we had to reschedule for next Saturday, of course. :p

sjrily

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
NW Arkansas
Wow! And people say one vote doesn't make a difference :laugh:

Anytime works for us. We really don't know how many people might show - it looks like just a handful of us girls (and my guy) at this time, but if we post a new thread, and if I send a notice out to our email list (and post on FB), there might be a few. Considering that (being hopeful), maybe we should make it early, mid-afternoon-like to avoid a lunch crowd - maybe 2ish? Do they have a lunch crowd on Saturdays?

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
I like 2 ish, we could make it an early Happy Hour, heehee! StormFinch, are you saying that you can't do the 25th? I don't think we should plan for day after tomorrow- not enough time to get the word out! So, not the 18th, not the 25th....then we have the weekend of the 4th which is fine by me but maybe not good for others. How about July 9th? It'll be nice and hot out so we'll have good reason to drink lots of liquids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread