Is e-liquid=essential oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
NO! Never vape any kind of oil. Some people use peppermint oil in their recipes, but that is about the only type I've seen mentioned and then again it's a very small amount as part of a recipe.

Oils are not recommended for vaping because oil is flammable and may ignite when used on a hot coil. Also remember you will be inhaling that hot oil into your mouth and throat.

No, essential oils are not the same thing. But I've seen vaping equipment on E-Bay with weird descriptions like this as it's against their TOS to sell anything e-cig related. I've also seen "personal oil vaporizer" and "oil warmer" in some descriptions to get around describing it as a e-cig device.

So uh, is coil-heated pen able to vape glycerin as well?

Notorious C.I.G.

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2013
United States
I don't believe vape pen is for eliquid, that probably an herb vaporizer where people use for concentrates and oils of a certain illegal herb, like these http://www.vaporizergiant.com/portable-vaporizers.html

There are two very different types of vaporizers. The pen type of vaporizers look like an ecig vape, but the tank is much different.

Last edited:
vegetable glycerin is the e-juice matrix. Yes, coil heated pens can vape it, that's what they're made to do.

20131209_211209193_iOS.jpg 20131209_211249501_iOS.jpg
Like this? I normally use 50/50 PG/VG based liquid, will it works?

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
So uh, is coil-heated pen able to vape glycerin as well?

They can, but honestly, I'd buy wick and wire from eBay and buy my PV's from a reputable business that deals directly with PV's and other assorted items. There's really no return policy with eBay and you may or may not get support from the seller. At least with a true business you'll get support and may be able to return the item if it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread