Is halo moving to Florida? Or have a warehouse out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I placed another order, over this past weekend. Yesterday, it finally got underway. The initial shipping point was Gainesville. Honestly, I had much faster service when getting product from NJ, when I first started ordering from them. Since the beginning, shipping times have been taking longer and longer. Didn't think it should take a full week to deliver from Gainesville to Clearwater. Oh well, I did just find out that we have two local shops that carry their liquid. I wonder if it would be more cost effective to get it locally.

Initial shipping from Gainesville??? Hmmmm, looks like they either added a warehouse or moved it. And not sure why USPS is like that...I get things quicker from further distances than something close like coming from Chicago. It's not Halo, it truly is USPS' screwed up system.

And if you buy juices from a local B&M, it may cost a bit more but there's also no shipping charge. But the big thing you miss out on are the points that can be used towards free stuff direct from Halo.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
My Order which I placed this weekend during the sale, is also showing as coming from;

GAINESVILLE, FL 32653

Honestly, I dont like this sort of change, without some sort of notice from Halo. Because it means there is a change, and what sort of change, a change in production? New people, means lots more chances for error in product manufacture.

Until Cinder or Johnny, swing by and tell us something, I might not be ordering from them, for a very long while. Till their new location has all the kinks ironed out, especially production.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
My Order which I placed this weekend during the sale, is also showing as coming from;

GAINESVILLE, FL 32653

Honestly, I dont like this sort of change, without some sort of notice from Halo. Because it means there is a change, and what sort of change, a change in production? New people, means lots more chances for error in product manufacture.

Until Cinder or Johnny, swing by and tell us something, I might not be ordering from them, for a very long while. Till their new location has all the kinks ironed out, especially production.

Did your order come to you wrong or super late?

gauged4go0d

Jul 16, 2014
florida
I'm actually leaning towards getting my liquids locally at a cheaper rate and moving away from Halo. Don't get me wrong, I have no complaints about any of their product. I just know there are decent cheaper alternatives out there. I use my triton kit day in and day out, and expect it to last quite a while. But I also use a mech mod which I am beginning to use more and more.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
Oh I am pretty sure that the gear is made in China, by some subcontractor. I wouldnt be surrpised if it was one of the big ego style pen companies... making it special for Halo.

But the juice is made in the good old U.S. of A. Change in production locations... can me all sorts of "growing pains", and I have noticed in the last 6 weeks or so, an increase in juice related issues and complaints, here and other places. I havent ordered any juice since the 4th of July...but that came from the NJ location.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Site hasn't been updated: "Packages shipped domestically via USPS First Class mail are typically delivered in 2-10 days depending on the distance from our distribution center in New Jersey."

I know this is not a big deal, but it rubs me the wrong way that this change isn't conveyed to customers. When I was placing lots and lots of Halo orders a huge factor for me was the shipping distance from NJ to my location in MA. :(

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
You are comparing a seasoned warehouse/fulfillment operation in Jersey, as opposed to a newly formed facility in Florida.

Remember also, this was a 3 day Labor weekend. And it is the busiest time for Halo, during a big sale.

If you order something next Tuesday morning, odd are you'd get it by Friday.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
I am not concerned about the shipping or pacakging. What I am concerned about is the possible new mixology staff. The new filling equipment, etc etc.

Are there now 2 manufacturing plants??? If so, is it the sort of thing where I find the juice from NJ better than the juice from FL?

Seriously, until I see official word from Cinder or Johnny, on what moved and how. I am not ordering anymore, especially cause my latest order which got here today. Has all sorts of funky fill levels. in the bottles.

absoluttalent

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Lombard, IL
i sent a pm to Cinder with a link to this thread, hoping we could get some light shined in our direction
I am not sure which order I placed that came from FL, but I was looking at some of my triton tanks and am noticing some differences in manufactering (some of the threads arent as far down as others, inside of bottom is more of a matte gray instead of completely shiny nickel).

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I'm fairly sure the hardware is imported from the Far East. But all the juices are made in the USA.

But I do share Fallen's concerns. I'm sure quality control is a high priority, but let's see if Florida can attain it.

At the least, most of the countries shipments from Halo won't be going through Kearny.

Kearny!*$&^%&*$^ :mad::mad::censored::-x:-x

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
You are comparing a seasoned warehouse/fulfillment operation in Jersey, as opposed to a newly formed facility in Florida.

Remember also, this was a 3 day Labor weekend. And it is the busiest time for Halo, during a big sale.

If you order something next Tuesday morning, odd are you'd get it by Friday.

Spoken from our man of wisdom! So right you are! Didn't even remember the 3 day weekend AND sale! Yes, Halo was busy plus the move to the new place

430Cruz

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
S.E. Pa. USA
My last order arrived in 3 days from Gainesville to Philly. It was a mix of hardware and liquid all of which was packaged the same way NJ had packaged in the past.
The Tribeca seems to be the same as last batch from NJ and filled properly, no difference that i can taste.
Cool Mist is a new flavor for me, tastes fine and filled correctly.
Malibu & Menthol Ice (regular monthly orders) unopened at this time so no taste comparison yet but filled correctly.
Triton 1300 battery and Triton tank are good, no QC issues.

The only thing that is "off" to me is my small bottle of Cafe Mocha. Going to let it steep and breath a while as it has a rather unusual taste at the moment. Very perfume like and reminds me of Midnight Apple instead of Cafe Mocha.

Sorry about your shipping dilema in FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread