Is it bad to inhale hot vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeXtDimensionVaping

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
I like to inhale my vapor pretty warm rather than cool, it's more enjoyable. But today, half of my lip was across the drip tip the vapor basically burned my lip.

I can't help but think that hot vapor is bad to inhale.

I was at 35 watts at the time and I've since cranked it down to 17W

Is anybody else worried about inhaling hot vapor?

NeXtDimensionVaping

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
I can't say for certain but I've always believed if its hot enough to burn you it's prob not the best thing to be inhaling. Warm is good, hot can be nice, burning hot, not really so much.
Agreed. I haven't searched for any studies on the matter, but even cavemen realized "ouch, hot! Bad!"

I'll stick to cool/warm vapor from now on.

It's interesting that we vapors are essentially lab rats because the technology is new and progressing quickly.

Reactions: mudmanc4

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I like to inhale my vapor pretty warm rather than cool, it's more enjoyable. But today, half of my lip was across the drip tip the vapor basically burned my lip.

Of course it's bad to inhale hot vapor that burns.

NeXtDimensionVaping

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Were you chain vaping with a metal drip tip?
No sir. The drip tip is metal but I was just puffing leisurely.

I'm at 17W and I opened the airtank wide, so all is well. The vapor is still warm.

I've noticed that different juices tend to vape better at diff. temps.

I ordered a long glass drip tip to cool my vapor but it hasn't come yet. I ordered it over a month ago from fast tech. I'm under the impression that it was lost or stolen. But customer service has been less than helpful.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
No sir. The drip tip is metal but I was just puffing leisurely.

I'm at 17W and I opened the airtank wide, so all is well. The vapor is still warm.

I've noticed that different juices tend to vape better at diff. temps.

I ordered a long glass drip tip to cool my vapor but it hasn't come yet. I ordered it over a month ago from fast tech. I'm under the impression that it was lost or stolen. But customer service has been less than helpful.

No tracking?
I never order without tracking - adds to proving ones case.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    ..glass drip tip..
    One of the clearo's I use came with a metal tip. It might be feeling a bit useless, because I don't use it. I will use only a wood, glass, or plastic tip because I just can't stand metal tips.

NeXtDimensionVaping

ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2015
    No tracking?
    I never order without tracking - adds to proving ones case.
    Indeed. I was feeling cheap at the time of checkout. If/when I place another order I will request a tracking number.

On topic,

My vapor seems to be hot even at 15W which is the lowest wattage that the coil is rated for. Also there's a slight burnt taste. I just put this coil and last night and primed it. I'm not sure what could be the cause

VapeOn88

ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2015
    Indeed. I was feeling cheap at the time of checkout. If/when I place another order I will request a tracking number.

On topic,

My vapor seems to be hot even at 15W which is the lowest wattage that the coil is rated for. Also there's a slight burnt taste. I just put this coil and last night and primed it. I'm not sure what could be the cause
    One possible reason for that that I've had is bad working. I have the original rta section for my subtank mini and it does not wick well at all. I couldn't take long drags even at low watts without getting a burnt hit let along chain vape. I used a tool to make the juice channels bigger and now I can chain vape at higher than recommend wattage for that tank and have no problems. Maybe finding a better wicking method or widening the juice channels could help assuming youre using an rta build.

stevegmu

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2013
    6992 kilometers from home...

On topic,

Too much power for the wicking and airflow are the reasons why there would be a burnt taste...

NeXtDimensionVaping

ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2015
    I used a tool to make the juice channels bigger and now I can chain vape at higher than recommend wattage for that tank and have no problems.

widening the juice channels could help assuming youre using an rta build.

Makes sense ... I've had the problem with both the occ and the rba...

Do they make tanks for my device that are better suited to my preference, i.e. chain vaping/long rips

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada

I've never experienced a burnt lip from vaping and I sometimes vape quite hot. Watts (power) is not the only factor that affects vapor temperature. With an atty that is designed for lower power, vapor temperature can become quite high at surprisingly low power levels. OTOH, with attys designed for higher power you can keep the vapor temperature down at surprisingly high power levels. How much air you move past the coil when you take a drag has a big bearing on this too.

I don't worry about vapor temperature being a health issue, for me it's all about not burning juice. That causes a burnt hit and if that happens you'll know it because of the taste change. That is unhealthy. A severe burnt hit will take your breath away and can feel like you've burnt your throat and maybe your lungs too. That will however not burn your lip, it's due to chemical degradation from overheating your juice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread