Is it "bad" to pre-mix unflavored ejuice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I am wondering if I should wait until I'm ready to add flavorings or if I can go ahead and mix some unflavored juice? Or is it better to always mix with fresh ingredients?
Nothing bad about it....LOL..... I do it all the time and its a time saver for me. I just figured when I had the frozen bottle out and defrosted, to go ahead and mix up whatever amt of unflavored nic base I wanted and then rebottle what is left of the original into a smaller bottle before re-freezing.

Works for me. Oh, and I keep my newly unflavored nic base in the fridge drawer wrapped in several layers of paper towels to keep light out. Much easier to bring that amt to room temp also.

:)

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
We mix bug bottles of 3 nic, and add flavors... just remember that adding flavors will dilute your nic...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks! What's a bug bottle? Or did you mean big bottle?

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I vape unflavored half of the time.
    I mix 8-9 months of unflavored base using (1) 125ml,100mg nic.
    The (14) 125ml bottles of base go back in the freezer.
    Take them out as needed for mixing in flavors or unflavored.
    You'll see on the ELF calculator, it gives the total weight of your base, you can use that as a guide for mixing.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2014
    Brant County Canada
    I mixed up a bottle higher than what I vape at for making testers. Much more convenient than getting the 100mg out of the freezer and waiting for it to warm up when I want to make a 10ml tester.

I wouldn't do it if I was making several hundred ml at a time.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2015
    My premix is my VG bottle lol. The only PG I add is my nic and flavorings and with every recipe being different I cant really do much in the way of premixing, except I add the nic about a day before Im ready to vape my long steepers because Im never entirely sure when Im mixing which ones Im going to want nic in or not. (I alternate between 0mg and 2mg all day)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    If you're mixing unflavored base to use as unflavored eliquid...I don't see anything wrong with it.

But, if you know you're going to be adding flavorings to it later, I personally wouldn't do it. I'd rather not have my nic content changed from what I intended it to be, and adding flavorings would do just that.

Also, adding flavorings later will also change the final PG/VG ratio from what the unflavored base was. If only maybe 1-2% total flavoring was used, and small batch sizes (10-20mL or so) were being made, not a big deal then, IMO. But, if a recipe has maybe 10-20% or more total flavoring...and a 50mL or larger batch is being made, it would alter the PG/VG ratio more than I'd personally like it to.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I mix 8-9 months of unflavored base using (1) 125ml,100mg nic.
    The (14) 125ml bottles of base go back in the freezer.
    Take them out as needed for mixing in flavors or unflavored.
    I exactly that as well, except I'm mixing at about double the nic strength you are, so I only get about half the 120ml bottles.

I do vape a lot of unflavored, but when I do use flavors, it's typically around 3% and never more than 5%, so I don't worry about the decrease in nic or increase in PG at all.

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2012
    Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
    As you can see lots of us pre-mix BIG batches. I typically make 240ml of juice to last me about 2-3 months. Half goes in the freezer and half is bottled and left out in a cool dark place. Use a good juice calculator to get the base right. As some have said adding flavoring does change the % of nic, so make your batch stronger then you vape. And do not forget that some flavors may need some steep time(usually the tobacco flavors). After 5 years of vaping I am still at 20mg/ml. I tried lower mg but vaped too much. So, higher mg works for me.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    I exactly that as well, except I'm mixing at about double the nic strength you are, so I only get about half the 120ml bottles.

I do vape a lot of unflavored, but when I do use flavors, it's typically around 3% and never more than 5%, so I don't worry about the decrease in nic or increase in PG at all.

I've never tried vaping unflavored

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    As you can see lots of us pre-mix BIG batches. I typically make 240ml of juice to last me about 2-3 months. Half goes in the freezer and half is bottled and left out in a cool dark place. Use a good juice calculator to get the base right. As some have said adding flavoring does change the % of nic, so make your batch stronger then you vape. And do not forget that some flavors may need some steep time(usually the tobacco flavors). After 5 years of vaping I am still at 20mg/ml. I tried lower mg but vaped too much. So, higher mg works for me.

I make 30ml batches at a time![emoji4]

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I've never tried vaping unflavored
    Give it a try. To me, unflavored has become a flavor. It has practical benefits too. There's very little gunking of you wicks and coils, so they last a long time, and there's virtually no smell for non-vapers to complain about.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Give it a try. To me, unflavored has become a flavor. It has practical benefits too. There's very little gunking of you wicks and coils, so they last a long time, and there's virtually no smell for non-vapers to complain about.
    True that. Even if I squirt a little store bought flavor with it, I still get a month out of a Nautilus coil. Nice to have a wick last that long. And, not have to Build for flavor.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    My mix calculator doesn't disturb the nic content between unflavored and flavored. It does change the PG amount to compensate for PG in the flavorings.

Adding after the fact would add to the pg just because the flavor contains pg and the mix would be diluted by that amount.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread