Is it just me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I've noticed the same tank with the same juice on different mods has a different draw and taste. The wattage is set the same on each mod, yet I get a whole different effect.
The taste is very similar, but there is a difference. Even playing with the wattage, it seems I can't exactly duplicate what it was when on the last mod.
It happens with whatever tank I pick. Right now.....
Melo 2 --- Eleaf iStick 60w TC / iPV D2 7-75 W / Kangertech Sub Box.
They all give a different end result of draw and taste.
Anyone else relate........?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Good way of putting it. :) I do the same.
What really screws me up is when I grab the wrong juice bottle and don't notice. Do I change mod, empty tank, or just vape it dry? I'm lazy, vape it dry wins every time. :lol:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
All my mods and tanks taste different when I move them from mod to mod. Some mods are just incredibly solid performers and they all vape at different wattages/voltages, even if I'm shifting a tank or flavor. With flavors, even if I don't fully clean or change the coil, I do "prime" it in the sense that I start out low and figure out what wattage is going to work best.

It's kind of... fun??

Anna

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I've noticed the same tank with the same juice on different mods has a different draw and taste. The wattage is set the same on each mod, yet I get a whole different effect.
The taste is very similar, but there is a difference. Even playing with the wattage, it seems I can't exactly duplicate what it was when on the last mod.
It happens with whatever tank I pick. Right now.....
Melo 2 --- Eleaf iStick 60w TC / iPV D2 7-75 W / Kangertech Sub Box.
They all give a different end result of draw and taste.
Anyone else relate........?
This doesn't surprise me at all....
Seen same type of result with nearly every product I own two of...

When I was racing motorcycles they would build 2 identicle bikes for a race..... during practice I would choose the best performer for the race... now if both bikes were built as identicle twins why would one be better than the other? Often by a long margin.

If identicle built thing have differences... why should it be surprising when like product from different manufactures function a little different.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Here I thought I was the only one having certain flavors in specific tanks on designated mods, even if it was all just in my head. Even buying a new juice or testing a DIY, I swear some are almost bad in one set-up, but quite good in another. That's why I use and suggest using multiple different tanks with varying coil ohms.

A couple times I accidently filled a half full tank with the wrong juice. Once turned out horrible while the other was surprisingly good, good enough I would duplicate it had I made a note of what it was.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
All my mods and tanks taste different when I move them from mod to mod. Some mods are just incredibly solid performers and they all vape at different wattages/voltages, even if I'm shifting a tank or flavor. With flavors, even if I don't fully clean or change the coil, I do "prime" it in the sense that I start out low and figure out what wattage is going to work best.

It's kind of... fun??

Anna
I just put a tfv8 cloud beast on my t-priv tonite. I can tell a major difference between it and the big baby i was using. I love them both, but the cloud beast is way more versatile, with the rba head and all. As far as flavor is concerned, yes i can taste a difference. But then, im getting twice the vapor from the tfv8, and at more than twice the wattage.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I just put a tfv8 cloud beast on my t-priv tonite. I can tell a major difference between it and the big baby i was using. I love them both, but the cloud beast is way more versatile, with the rba head and all. As far as flavor is concerned, yes i can taste a difference. But then, im getting twice the vapor from the tfv8, and at more than twice the wattage.
If you put your tfv8 on a different mod are you getting the exact same flavor and vape?

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
If you put your tfv8 on a different mod are you getting the exact same flavor and vape?
I dont know, as i dont have another mod yet. Budget only allowed me to get the tfv8 today. Next mod next payday. But as soon as i do get it, ill let ya know. I do know that vaping the same juice in my limitles+ tastes different than either of the beasts. Im not sure how much difference a mod would make, other that different power levels

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I dont know, as i dont have another mod yet. Budget only allowed me to get the tfv8 today. Next mod next payday. But as soon as i do get it, ill let ya know. I do know that vaping the same juice in my limitles+ tastes different than either of the beasts. Im not sure how much difference a mod would make, other that different power levels
Interesting thought, though

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Obviously every tank has its differences even with the same juice and build, but at least with the 7 mods I use every day, I cannot detect any differences at all. I'm constantly switching mods with tanks and to me there is absolutely no flavor difference. Maybe one of my mods hits slightly slower, but that's it...maybe because all my mods are single battery, similiar size? Not sure but at the same wattage, there is no detectable difference in all my rebuildable rta's no matter what mod it's on.....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
My son just got himself a geekvape aegis and baby beast to put on top of it. He hasnt really said much about it except that it choked the crap out of him the first few times he hit it. He did say he had used his buddies mods from time to time but not regular like. I had to laugh at him, beginning vaping on a big boy toy like that. But hes gonna do what hes gonna do. He is 27 already.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
This doesn't surprise me at all....
Seen same type of result with nearly every product I own two of...

When I was racing motorcycles they would build 2 identicle bikes for a race..... during practice I would choose the best performer for the race... now if both bikes were built as identicle twins why would one be better than the other? Often by a long margin.

If identicle built thing have differences... why should it be surprising when like product from different manufactures function a little different.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Your point using motorcycles is very interesting..... Stay Safe..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread