Not open for further replies.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
So my sweet 18490 Woodville that I purchased during last year's sale has gotten a ton of use and has always brought a smile to my lips. Recently, I've experienced a hiccup.

For no "apparent" reason, she stopped firing. I of course thought it was user error (as it usually is). I did the usual: I checked the build with my meter and it was 1.4. When I checked the atty screw it appeared that they "might" be loose. I also noticed that the battery had discharged a ton, (metered at 4 something!) so I cleaned, rebuilt, checked build (1.4), put in new battery and it worked just fine ...... for at least a few mls....

When I checked the new battery that I had just put in, it had discharged so much that it couldn't be read on the Xstar (and this was only after 5 or 6 unsuccessful button pushes). With my build I easily get 3 mls out of a fully charged AW.

I can't really tell if I have a problem with the wire.

Hmmmmm....anyone experienced this? What should I do? Spa date? I'm heading for work so I might not respond quickly but I value your thoughts nonetheless

Just realized days later that I misquoted the battery discharge. Rather than "4. something" it was really 2 something. Big difference right? Just fixing it now in the event this thread may help another Reonaut in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: jifjifjif

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
How old are the batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got these batteries Dec 14. I always rotate. They still charge to 4.2, when I change them when I refill, they are typically at 3.8. These are also the ones that I rotate thru my Mini 2.1's without issue. I don't think it's the batteries as I'm pretty OCD (label batts, check charge before and after use). I might think that the batteries are the problem but 2 in a row?

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
ditto.gif

Reactions: Robinowitz

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
How many batteries in the rotation? Mine seem like they aren't going as strong after 4 months and I try not to use them more than once a day, so I'm sure after 10 yours are probably a little tired.
I probably use 1 battery per 3 or 4 days ( I have a few Reo options).

It just seemed odd that 2 batteries in a row would drain to 2. something & non-detectable in a row ( with only a tiny bit of use) so I assumed it was the wiring. (and Mercury is in retrograde which plays havoc with electronics at times).

Well, I had been thinking that it was time to get new ones & recycle. I'll just get some new ones & go from there.

Thank you all for your thoughts. Good day!

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Try the spring screw.. is it tight?? Ever take it out and clean the screw and the screw hole.. it gets gunked up and then ya get a weak connection.
Just checked on the spring screw. Since it's a woodie, there's no access on the bottom of the mod. Difficult to see it inside the spring but I put a little Phillips in there and it just freely turns (don't think it's a regular screw).

Checked the atty again and it is @ 1.4. Then metered the spring (put probe inside the spring to base and it too is 1.4). Does that rule out any problem with the wiring? Any other metering/ diagnostic goodies I should do?

I am certainly going to get new batts but just seeing if I'm missing something. Guess I'm surprised with the coincidence of 2 batts in a row being completely discharged in moments.

Last edited:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Ok aw battery after reading again.

Ever drain the batts too far a couple of times like say under 3.5v?

All I can think is the switch on the 2014 woodvil is going and is making some type of connection without pressing the button.. enough to drain it... is that possable? Does it have a on and off switch? I'd switch it off when not being used.. but for kicks slap a fresh batt in there over night and take a reading of the battery in the morning and see if it's drained.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Didn't know u were talking about a Woodvil sorry.

Tis ok. You're trying to help and I appreciate that.

No one asked but what brand are these batts in question?
AW's which is all I use (only differing lengths depending on wether it's for a Grand or Mini or 18490 Woodvile.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Ok aw battery after reading again.

Ever drain the batts too far a couple of times like say under 3.5v?

Not really. I'm a creature of habit and I notice when the Vape is getting lighter (and my 3 ml bottle is getting low) and it's been below 3.7.

All I can think is the switch on the 2014 woodvil is going and is making some type of connection without pressing the button.. enough to drain it... is that possable? Does it have a on and off switch? I'd switch it off when not being used.. but for kicks slap a fresh batt in there over night and take a reading of the battery in the morning and see if it's drained.

Yes, it does have an on/off button. Actually at first I thought I might have switched it off (accidentally) when it wasn't firing but figured that I hadn't as
1. I never turn it off and
2. It's a tight switch. One has to intentionally have to turn it off or on. Not a naunchalant switch for sure.

I might try your idea of putting in a battery overnight and doing a reading. I'm assuming I should turn it off right?

Thank you!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Yes, it does have an on/off button. Actually at first I thought I might have switched it off (accidentally) when it wasn't firing but figured that I hadn't as
1. I never turn it off and
2. It's a tight switch. One has to intentionally have to turn it off or on. Not a naunchalant switch for sure.

I might try your idea of putting in a battery overnight and doing a reading. I'm assuming I should turn it off right?

Thank you!

No actually.. leave it turned on. Loosining the atty would be the same as turning it off as well (breaking the connection).

Reactions: Robinowitz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread