Is it time to replace tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hojoswagfat

Apr 12, 2015
Hi I've been using my CE4 for about 2 weeks and I have 2 batteries. One is an 1100 MAH battry and other is 650. While my evod battery was charging I put my tank on the other battery and after the first hit I got a burnt taste and smell. So I cleaned out my battery and waited for the other one to charge. I put it back on the original battery which is the 1100 mah the one it came with and still got the same thing. Any reasons? Also I am sort of low on juice in the tank there is enough juice to touch the wicks but maybe its not enough?
CE4s are top coil tanks so maybe my wicks aren't soaked I'm guessing.
Any help would be great! Thanks!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What has happened is that you've got too much gunk on the coil. Gunk is what doesn't vaporize and eventually gets burnt on. It's normal. Dark, sweet juices do this a lot faster than clear non-sweetened juices.

You can simply replace it or you can clean and dry burn it. Here's a video of how it's done. The action starts at about 1:30 minutes in. He leaves the silicon & metal parts in, I always take them out with small needle nose pliers. I find that works better for me specially if the coil is really gunked like yours is. You need to continue to heat the coil a few seconds at a time until the gunk is burnt off and the coil glows. If you hold the power on for too long the coil will overheat, break and the CE4 will not work again. I used CE4's for a few months and found I could get 15-20 dry burns on one before it didn't come back like new. It's better to do it often so they don't get so much gunk in them.

hojoswagfat

Apr 12, 2015
What has happened is that you've got too much gunk on the coil. Gunk is what doesn't vaporize and eventually gets burnt on. It's normal. Dark, sweet juices do this a lot faster than clear non-sweetened juices.

You can simply replace it or you can clean and dry burn it. Here's a video of how it's done. The action starts at about 1:30 minutes in. He leaves the silicon & metal parts in, I always take them out with small needle nose pliers. I find that works better for me specially if the coil is really gunked like yours is. You need to continue to heat the coil a few seconds at a time until the gunk is burnt off and the coil glows. If you hold the power on for too long the coil will overheat, break and the CE4 will not work again. I used CE4's for a few months and found I could get 15-20 dry burns on one before it didn't come back like new. It's better to do it often so they don't get so much gunk in them.
I don't think that's the problem. After cleaning it out and dry burning it was working fine on the 1100 mah battery. The second i put my tank on the 650 mah battery got a burnt taste and smell again. Thanks for the help

OfTheBrave

Jul 13, 2015
Three things:

One - Fill up your tank. Silica wick eventually breaks down and does not wick juice as efficiently. This will generally start to happen after two weeks of regular use, so it should help to have more liquid in the tank.

Two - I have serviced many many "stick" style batteries and never seen one fire off at a voltage higher than 4.2. These batteries charge to 4.2 volts and typically die at 3.4ish volts, so you will always get a "better" (hotter) hit when its fresh off the charger.

Three - Correlation does not equal causation. Just because your tank got a burnt hit on the 650mah does not mean that that battery is the culprit. There are several factors at work here, such as the fact that you're using an older tank (older wick), or maybe that it was cold (and saturated) when you fired it the first time on the 1100mah and then warm (and maybe dry from the inefficient wicking) when you switched it to the 650mah.

Hope this helps.

SpaceApe

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
After 2 weeks or so that style of clearo often needs replaced. Sometimes they can be cleaned and used beyond that point but that is not the case with each and every one there are various contributing factors that have an effect in this which is noted in OfTheBrave's post above.

Reactions: OfTheBrave

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I don't think that's the problem. After cleaning it out and dry burning it was working fine on the 1100 mah battery. The second i put my tank on the 650 mah battery got a burnt taste and smell again. Thanks for the help

You're welcome hojoswagfat :)

So, same tank on two different batteries both set for the same voltage, one battery burns juice, the other doesn't.

The 650 mAh batt puts out more power at the same setting compared to the 1100 mAh batt. Turn down the volts on the 650 compared to the 1100. What you're after is the same power (watts) with both batteries with the same tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread